Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2011, 12:41 PM #43
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Quote:
very true bcppl is way over priced and who gives a crap if its 5 or 7 man just play it and enjoy getting ripped off of prizes and paint.... nuff said
I disagree with you completely. If you want to play a quality event, you have to pay for it. Considering the relatively small number of teams, quality of events, good venues, level of reffing and size prize packages, I think that the prices/prizes are pretty reasonable. When compared to simlar leagues here, you guys pay less for entry and more for paint but I don't think BCPPL was a rip off. Like I said, you pay for quality and the quality of the BCPPL events I've played was high.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:26 PM #44
backcountry_bob

backcountry_bob donated to help Peyton Trent
backcountry_bob posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb-eLude View Post
im comparing to a league that u actually get prizes for winning......
you are an idiot. you are comparing to a league/s that has internationally wide spread fan base. the bcppl cant compete with that on any level unless it has the teams bringing the money in for the prizes you talk about. notice how every person disagrees with you? its because those people are not ****ing retards.

backcountry_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:05 PM #45
pb-eLude

pb-eLude supports Team VICIOUS
pb-eLude supports Pev's Paintball
pb-eLude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pb-eLude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lol
pb-eLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:54 PM #46
Kaolinite
+-----------+

2nd lol

MISSION PAINTBALL CLUB
Kaolinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:49 PM #47
R8s

I lol @ your lol and raise you a rofl...

Bad Spellers of the World... Untie!!!

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Killing for Northern BC
R8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM #48
chevota

Hey Mixnuts just got back from national playing Div2 5man and we shot 18 cases hmmmm 18 divided by 5 that 3.6 cases per person kinda double what u shot at nats. u came 4th the yr u played and we came 1st even the team that came 8th shot 15 cases so i don't see how u say 7man shoots more paint?

Last edited by chevota : 02-07-2011 at 05:06 PM.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:31 PM #49
PBrack
PBrack.com

PBrack works for a Paintball manufacturer
^ part of the prize package structure is to influence teams to make there way up the rankings to eventually be fighting for bigger prizes. BCPPL gives away NPPL entry's/paint which are valued around 3K , that's a killer deal and that's why you see teams like CDR come up and play every year because when they win, they turn a profit and had a free/fun tournament
PBrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:09 PM #50
chevota

Tottally agree PBRACK and ur clothing rocks will be looking to rock a pair of ur new pants this yr there very sweeeeet
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 PM #51
QuiverKiller
SHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb-eLude View Post
Lol
Wow, after backing up your accusations and insults with reasoning like that, it's clear that your are an incredibly intelligent and well spoken individual. I think I speak for everyone when I say you are a valued part of the paintball community, which we hope you choose to stay a part of.

Oh ya, forgot one little thing:
Aftershock Fan #26
Shark Heart Crew
QuiverKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 AM #52
Mixednutz1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevota View Post
Hey Mixnuts just got back from national playing Div2 5man and we shot 18 cases hmmmm 18 divided by 5 that 3.6 cases per person kinda double what u shot at nats. u came 4th the yr u played and we came 1st even the team that came 8th shot 15 cases so i don't see how u say 7man shoots more paint?

... I was using an example from my own personal experience. I'm the one who picked up the tab so I know what the bill was.... need receipts? Oh and I was in Div 3 for Nats last time I played the event. Congrats on taking first.
Mixednutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:29 PM #53
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
I dont see why people argue over cost

We went and had a blast at Nationals ,got treated like gold and enjoyed a great value on and off the field for money spent.

I dont get why people talk about event costs like its a profit margin on the players side .You play events because it is fun and you want to become a better player/team not because you want to make money .If you happen to do so thats great but on a personal level I play paintball because its what I love to do ,and I dont care what it costs.As long as I see value for my dollar ,I am satisfied if I wanted to make money vs spend it I would go work.We are customers and each player can support who they wish .I plan to support anyone who hosts an event as I wish to play as much as possible .

You get what you pay for is always a solid rule to follow.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:47 PM #54
R8s

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
I dont get why people talk about event costs like its a profit margin on the players side .You play events because it is fun and you want to become a better player/team not because you want to make money .If you happen to do so thats great but on a personal level I play paintball because its what I love to do ,and I dont care what it costs.As long as I see value for my dollar ,I am satisfied if I wanted to make money vs spend it I would go work.We are customers and each player can support who they wish .I plan to support anyone who hosts an event as I wish to play as much as possible .

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Killing for Northern BC
Old 02-16-2011, 09:37 PM #55
Mixednutz1

I don't know anyone who plays paintball to make money in this series. Yes prizes attract, but in the end if youre in it for the $$$ give yer head a shake. You cant pay the bills or eat an entry into the next event, and if you eat the free paint that you win it will probably go well with milk ...

The point I was trying to make is this ... Kids (AKA newbies) have limited cash flow as most don't have jobs ... Cheaper series = More newbies, more newbies = larger player base. Larger player base means the sport is growing. Kids are going to want to have fun, possibly win something, and feel like they didn't get "sand bagged"
Mixednutz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:23 PM #56
pb-eLude

pb-eLude supports Team VICIOUS
pb-eLude supports Pev's Paintball
pb-eLude has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
pb-eLude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixednutz1 View Post
I don't know anyone who plays paintball to make money in this series. Yes prizes attract, but in the end if youre in it for the $$$ give yer head a shake. You cant pay the bills or eat an entry into the next event, and if you eat the free paint that you win it will probably go well with milk ...

The point I was trying to make is this ... Kids (AKA newbies) have limited cash flow as most don't have jobs ... Cheaper series = More newbies, more newbies = larger player base. Larger player base means the sport is growing. Kids are going to want to have fun, possibly win something, and feel like they didn't get "sand bagged"

Tottaly agree
pb-eLude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:05 PM #57
R8s

Basically we, the players, are ruining our own sport. Stop sandbagging and play to your level. Help out the newbs and maybe we'll still be able to play the game in 10 years.

Killing for Northern BC
Old 02-24-2011, 03:22 PM #58
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
I agree the cost is a limiting factor to some but Paintball is not a "Traditional Sport" it is a "Luxury Sport" and as a result carries a higher cost.Ive never ignored this on a personal basis but there is a line between helping people out and devalueing your product .The bulk of "Newbs" fall between that 14-19 demographic, and its not difficult to find work at that age ,but kids these days are used to hand out and help from Parents .I find those types are usually the ones to come and go while the ones that go all out Just for a chance to play stick around .

The States industry and series are a good example of taking help a tad too far imo as I find people hate it when prices go up instead of down lol

Last edited by paintballer231 : 02-24-2011 at 03:25 PM.
paintballer231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM #59
Limey
Bushwacker Paintball Ltd

I played both formats in BCPPL.

I think myself the 7 man format was the more interesting one to play. I was however, extremely hard for us to keep a roster all season. we learned and picked up 10 players for a 7 man team to insure players would be available.

Since the goal for all leagues, should be to help the winningest teams move on to larger series to represent their local areas, it makes the most sense that the highest level of play in the BCPPL is seven man, that way the winners are ready for play in the NPPL in 7 man.

The cost difference, Id say we shot more paint in seven man, but would blame our own strategy on that. The game is longer, and trying to hold back a wait for the other teams errors is costly. If you play it as an attacking style team, you can force the issue and win or lose in several minutes. So amount of paint shot is solely on the team and its players. Like others mentioned I have seen CDR walk through teams with nothing more than a pod each. I have also seen IDK rain so much paint at you, that you wish you took out an umbrella.
Limey is offline   Reply With Quote