PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM #1
This.Slick.Gunner
We Kill Suckers

Possible new field in Toronto.

I just wanted to know how large of a paintball community/included presence there was in Toronto, Ontario. I feel like I am the only one out here.

Other than http://www.tdotballers.com is there another community (and local) paintball forum?

Also, how do you feel about the presence (or lack of) paintball in your area?
This.Slick.Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM #2
taytaysparadigm

As far as i know there isn't another online Toronto paintball community per say, but there are Montreal and BC paintball forums as well. As for the presence of paintball in my ares the closest field to me in Next for winter ball (but it tends to be very dirty and the field setup is always iffy), and in the summer i find VEP is the best place to be (due to the low price, higher skill caliber, and properly setup fields. However my friends and i were talking about how it would be nice to have a reball place to play in toronto for the winter months, because driving to Barrie is too far to go for a couple hours of re-ball play.

Just my 2cents though.
taytaysparadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM #3
kingcon14

for the summer paintball in my area (oshawa) is awesome. i go to camp x in bowmanville. they currently have two frields. one large woods ball and one smaller more open field. they are also in the making on a speedball field for the coming spring. the prices here are also the best around. free self serve compressed air and $25 BYOP no limate on weekends. there is usually around 60 people playing there on the weekends. for winter paintball i dont play much because next is expensive, dirty, and the people the work there are rude and unhelpful. i would rather wait the few winter months to give my money to camp x. just my thoughts on paintball in my area
kingcon14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM #4
Nels840

Youre kidding right. Ontario is the captial of paintball in Canada. Ontario may not have a pro team like Alberta or B.C but Ontario has no shortage of players, events, teams fields and home to some of Canada's largest scenario games.

Just take a drive down the 401 starting off in london (which has 3-4 fields), perth-county (1-2), Kitchener (1-3 fields), Gulph / milton (2-3 fields), GTA has 6-10 feilds and a variety of indoor outdoor.

Tdotballers is home to alot of ballers and is Ontario paintball forum. You could also check out www.parttimekillers.org which is mostly bush/scenario but one of ontario larger scenario / rec teams.

Last edited by Nels840 : 02-01-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 AM #5
This.Slick.Gunner
We Kill Suckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nels840 View Post
Youre kidding right. Ontario is the captial of paintball in Canada. Ontario may not have a pro team like Alberta or B.C but Ontario has no shortage of players, events, teams fields and home to some of Canada's largest scenario games.

Just take a drive down the 401 starting off in london (which has 3-4 fields), perth-county (1-2), Kitchener (1-3 fields), Gulph / milton (2-3 fields), GTA has 6-10 feilds and a variety of indoor outdoor.

Tdotballers is home to alot of ballers and is Ontario paintball forum. You could also check out www.parttimekillers.org which is mostly bush/scenario but one of ontario larger scenario / rec teams.
I know about the presence outside of GTA but two fields have just closed down in the last 5+ months, Area 51 and a much smaller fields where the name escapes me.

I just wanted to know about Toronto because I have problems with NEXT paintball. There shop guys are great and very knowledgeable but the overall conditions (or lack of) are questionable and quickly noticed by someone just starting. I have been playing paintball all my life. I go to a few fields here and there when I can but at the most I have every seen was 3 birthdays at one time.

As for the community forum. This forum ant tdotballers are the only local (if you would call this local) forum around. Thats why I asked. But I have seen some of those other ones you mentioned and they are nice.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:39 PM #6
Nels840

Area 51 in downsview has been closed for a year plus bro. Smaller indoor fields never last because they are two small for players to really move around. No paintball field is going to be spick and span espicaly competion fields like next because for the amount of players that the field sees could never be cleaned.

All speedball fields are this way from the high trafic and high rof. You do no't see bushball feilds like this because the paintball break down and the paint is washed away from the rain. If you dont like nexxt, then maybe speedball isent for you since next is one of toronto's best indoor You could also try eastie boys.

Edmontonpaintball.com has a fraction of what t.dotballers has or sees and tdot comunity is turely un matched. PB nation has been around is 2001 and suports the world paintball comunity so it is a little hard to conpare a toronto website to a world wide comunity.
Nels840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 AM #7
This.Slick.Gunner
We Kill Suckers

Fcuk, has it really been a year plus?!? Maybe my stand point was not clear on NEXT, I personally love it. I like a larger open concept.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:15 AM #8
Renegade Paintball

Defcon Paintball is now at Downsview... It's outdoor but they have a very nice scenario and speedball field. Check it out once the weather becomes nicer. If your into scenario the warhounds usually run out of Defcon so they are usually there and also once the speedball field is up and running there will be the DESS series and also a few CXBL teams are going to be practicing out of there. They also have the indoor scenario field on Victoria Park.
Renegade Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups