PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 AM #379
Yourmomsbox
AKA P.C. Box

First and foremost i would like to thank you JPazz and Arh for writing the games like this. Its nice to be able to play games where its just not capture the flag and isnt a red vs blue game.

To the Skirmish Reffing staff you guys where great and BGR im sorry i didnt get to take any cheap shots at you out there. Well there is always next time.

Special thanks goes to Frenchie bc just as we where about to hit the field everyone one of my guns crapped out and i had to run over to her to borrow her back up. Thank you again and im sure there are many people on your side that are upset about that.

Ok now to the players on the field.

To my Team .. Hellkatz you guys where great.. Minus Rob Wood.. Traitor!!!! Ace to my fellow counter part who didnt get infected on the team but was supposed to start out infected i didnt trust you from the word go. I would of shot you just as fast as you would of me. Pete and Rob it was fun shooting at the both of you while you where infected. Doc thanks for not shooting me when i was right by you and you where infected. And Alex well glad you didnt infect me when you could of. Guys great job at the end when we all came together and where cleaned and ripping people.

Alpha.and AA.. Alpha i think i proved that i dont deserve that heart punch ...You guys where great.. at one point when our entire command staff was infected the only people who wherent infect where myself ace and Homer and we kept it held down. It was a pleasure to run along side with you and cant wait to again.

Roger and FF Great as per usual wondering who i can trust and who i cant. But in the end there wasnt one person on your team that i could trust until i cleared you guys from infection. Silence thanks for running out those few bottles of water for me even though u where infected.

DUST.. you guys where one of the first teams that i was able to use the testing equipment on and i probably asked ya like 20 times but you where always clean.. It was a pleasure to run along side with you and hope to get to again.

Red Hawks.. Decoz great job screwing our entire command staff. Ballcock and Eddie you guys where great to run along side with and without you guys towards the end we would of had alot bigger issues.

Pete Murphy... Didnt trust you form the word go and was ready to shoot you at the drop of a hat.

To anyone else on our side that i shot bc i thought u where infected.. if you where well you deserved it. If you wherent Im sorry..

To Everyone who i asked like 20 times if they where infected .. sorry knowing Jpazz and the players that where in this game there is no way i should of trusted anyone of you.

I also had the same encounter that Phil had with shooting some kid and saying hits below the knees dont count. As he turned to pull on me i made sure he understood that scenario is different and gave him a few center mass. Also to that kid who decided to run into our base at the end not a smart idea.. im just suprised im the only one who shot you.

Well to everyone else and anyone i forgot great game and cant wait for the next one
Yourmomsbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 AM #380
Keg
Lacrosse Grenadier

I don’t know where to begin for this one as the game for me started many months ago following my agreement to general a side. Since that time JPazz has made me more and more paranoid that leading up to this game I truly did not know what to expect out there. Thanks to Jenn aka Razor Girl, my XO extraordinaire, Grazi, and Professor from TSSOC I was able to have a solid plan of action in place before hitting the snow covered fields of Skirmish.

From the very start of the game I had my primary list of who was coming into the game infected. Ram from TSSOC, Frenchie, and Goose, yes Goose you were a suspect from the beginning and after I didn’t see you much within 15 minutes from game start it was confirmed for me. I should have sent a squad out to shoot you but I didn’t have time. I was too busy watching everyone like a hawk while completing the missions sent in.

Those missions made us work and as soon as I was offered the opportunity to become inoculated I did. I mushed JPazz like no dog has been mushed scoring points for the US side while also securing for me the peace of mind knowing I could not be infected. I knew then I would be running the majority of missions to Outpost G4 but I didn’t mind it as a.) it was cold out and the movement would keep me warm, and b.) I knew I could trust Jenn to keep from getting infected while holding down the base. Well the latter didn’t happen as she got infected but those missions kept getting completed and points being scored.

When we were finally able to start “disinfecting” players the infection cards came pouring in from our side. At one point we had a line of US players, all infected, waiting to be cured by Professor. It was fantastic as one by one now U.S. players now free of the infection started bringing in props they had hidden from us scoring us points while enabling us to complete some missions that I had completely written off as having no chance of being done.

Sooo…. many stories to tell and not enough room here but I will add them in the coming weeks.
First my thanks to JPazz and Arh for entrusting me with the U.S. General position. It was an absolute treat to be out there playing in this game. I radioed in about half way through the day stating “Greatest game ever” and I meant it. The missions were top notch, the props fantastic, and the amount of work that I know you two put into the game really showed. Thank you.

Thank you to BGR and the Skirmish reffing staff. Fantastic work as always. I do want to apologize for misunderstanding the doctor roles in the field. We did have confirmation from a couple of ref’s allowing it and thus we proceeded. When Alpha mentioned to me that that was not so I called the entire US side off at that moment. Sorry about that.

To Jenn, aka Razor Girl, who I had pegged as my number one candidate for XO, for being everything a general could want and need in a game like this. Advisor, confidant, and a steady hand when needed, you my dear just kicked *** the whole day, even while you were infected. Thank you.

To my MVT, the Sons of Vengeance, as soon as I heard Predator had made a left when everyone else on the mission went right I said “S#@T! there goes that mission!” But I still had faith in Bo who completed a couple of missions for me suckering me in while being infected. Well played as I was completely duped. Then as you were all disinfected you guys pulled off a couple of more missions while leading the attack on the Chinese HQ. A well earned MVT and thank you.

To my MVP Mauricio, I sure hope you or someone you know reads this as you kicked a lot of *** out there that day and also took on the role of scientist for me when needed. You showed a lot of guts and spirit and that is why I named you MVP. If your reading this or someone who knows him who does please contact me so I can get the MVP plaque.

NE Assassins, first I love the jerseys as I was able to keep an eye on you guys from quite a ways out in the field or while I myself was running a mission or two. You guys took on some critical roles out there as well as I believe you guys were the ones who got the Red flag for me. If this is so please let me know as I owe you $10. Thanks for coming out, I did suspect you to be infected early as well.

To Ish, who I feared out there. Seriously I wanted nothing to do with Frenchie from game on as I had her as being infected from the start. When I walked off the field at one point running a mission I thought you guys were going to slaughter me, it’s the truth. Welcome aboard Grimace, you couldn’t have joined a better team.

To Gravediggers, honestly as I suspected Goose for awhile I suspected you were all probably infected right along with him so I tried to keep my distance from you guys until I got inoculated. It was great having you guys out there and I sincerely hope we get to play alongside one another soon.

To Infamous, all four of you yesterday did your own thing and really added to this game. Ask anyone in the game, there are no other team that I speak higher of then you nuts and this game just certifies that. From reports of the “green guy in the coat just talking to himself” to Matt and his poor decisions, honestly just a fantastic time.

To TSSOC, Ram, Professor, and Applicant Borton, all three of you played critical roles yesterday for me and your prep and support were very much appreciated. Ram as far as I’m concerned you’ll always be considered infected. Professor, awesome work on getting the U.S. side the protable testing device for Thing III and in aiding me with command when needed. Mike, you took on the role of doctor and led missions to completion along with flag turns galore. Thank you.

To Rob Wood, you singlehandedly scored our side a bunch of points without even using a marker out there. The 10 foot monkey hand ruled the day truly. Thank you.

To the Chinese Command, Alpha and Roger, I only hoped we could have worked together more to turn the tide against the Things. Once I heard that almost your entire side was infected I honestly giggled and sent my side to work pushing mission after mission out in the hopes that I could build a little lead on you because I honestly thought we were behind by a good bit all day long. Well played gentlemen.

Much more to add here but let me just take this time to say sorry to Wilford Brimley. I didn't want you to get shot, in fact I issued orders not to shoot you, but I guess my guys, and the $5 I promised, really wanted that axe of yours.
Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM #381
mjscenarioballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keg View Post
Wilford Brimley
Goose didn't we nullify some mission to bring him oatmeal or something? lol
Old 02-21-2011, 10:58 AM #382
Keg
Lacrosse Grenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscenarioballer View Post
You might have. I knew he had a mission on him so I instructed a group of U.S. players to approach him on the field and ask him for the mission. Now I added a catch to it, I wanted his axe to help me complete another mission where 3 props were needed. I didn't want to give up a prop I would need later on so I decided I'd have one of my guys steal Wilford's axe while another player was occupying his attention when asking for a mission. Well the way I heard it went down he was shot up and the axe taken from him during the melee. Now I did offer $5 real cash for the axe as it was critical for a mission I was about to run so my troops may have been a little over zealous in their approach of Mr. Oatmeal himself.

I did pay out the $5 and we scored the mission points so despite the fact he got fired upon I consider the effort a success.

One thing I learned this game is that real hard American cash, when offered as a reward, will almost guarantee you results on a mission. I actually had $50 with me strictly with which to pay out rewards for this game. A tactic I will continue in the future.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:24 PM #383
JoeisanAssassin
JoKeR

JoeisanAssassin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
JoeisanAssassin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JoeisanAssassin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
We did manage to bring the red flag back, don't need the 10 dollars though. If I would have known it wasn't worth any points at the time I would have held it up near our front line to keep our guys moving forward. Theres always a next time.
JoeisanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:31 PM #384
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 supports our troops
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
and Goose, yes Goose you were a suspect from the beginning and after I didn’t see you much within 15 minutes from game start it was confirmed for me. I should have sent a squad out to shoot you but I didn’t have time. I was too busy watching everyone like a hawk while completing the missions sent in.
You should have that would have been hilarious. And sorry you didn't get the axe (or that flag hang) as it was the THING to do,lol. I set out early to find parts to the machine to stop the cure, but once it was constructed I stayed clear of yellow tape and both bases to be safe.

At one point though Jose from SOV out me and Ruger as being infected so a quick wardrobe change and we were back in...The best was when you walked by and was like "Hey and Elephant Rider". That was Ruger and I. At one point a younger player came up and asked me where he could find the Zyklon B guys sp I pointed him in a random direction and off he went to find us.

What you should have done was set up sentries at the bridges to check players. Since you had to cross the bridge to get into play it would have caught us all. Except Bo since he was there with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscenarioballer View Post
Yes we did!

Quote:
You might have. I knew he had a mission on him so I instructed a group of U.S. players to approach him on the field and ask him for the mission. Now I added a catch to it, I wanted his axe to help me complete another mission where 3 props were needed. I didn't want to give up a prop I would need later on so I decided I'd have one of my guys steal Wilford's axe while another player was occupying his attention when asking for a mission. Well the way I heard it went down he was shot up and the axe taken from him during the melee. Now I did offer $5 real cash for the axe as it was critical for a mission I was about to run so my troops may have been a little over zealous in their approach of Mr. Oatmeal himself.
Disarming me to complete a mission would have been funny as hell. Next time don't hesitate. I'm a good sport about stuff like that.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS

Last edited by dstanley753 : 02-21-2011 at 06:35 PM.
dstanley753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 AM #385
ace0007

LOL the best was I caught Professor from Ambush Alpha sneaking up behind me while you guys rushed the first time..So I had to keep an eye on him and the left flank at the same time since I knew he was infected..>Then I came back to base a little later and there's just Homer, Box, Doc, and I getting surrounded by THINGS...I really thought that was going to be the end of us lol

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:38 PM #386
D.U.S.T.zombiehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixRomeo View Post
The guys from Drexel University Scenario Team (D.U.S.T.) for also working hard to stay un-infected throughout the game. I have a sneaking suspicion that they were able to accomplish this because 1) people know their reputation as a combat squad, and didn’t want to risk getting too close to them, and 2) they were so busy running full-speed across the field to the flag stations and back with props that the fat-assed THINGs couldn’t keep up to infect them. These guys were one of the main reasons our base never fell during that “questionable” assault toward the end of the day. Gentlemen, your reputation precedes you, and seeing you all at the Chinese insertion at the beginning of the day was one of the precious few times I felt any sort of confidence during this game. Thanks for living up to the hype. Not many do that anymore.
It was our honor to hold down the fort when needed and be out scouring for props for the glorious chinese army. Amazingly our team was spared from the infection for the whole game. This was a tremendously entertaining scenario and I am sure we will be back for future events. It is very rewarding to know that our efforts were not un-observed. Thank you to anyone who helped during the day, and sorry to all the countless americans/things that took paintballs from us. No hard feelings

Now on to Stalingrad!!!!

Proud to be Sponsored by Valken Paintball

Better wear a mask and watch out for the D.U.S.T.

Stalingrad 2010 - Most Valuable Team
D.U.S.T.zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:02 PM #387
jpazz
I am Psych-ot-ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.U.S.T.zombiehunter View Post
It was our honor to hold down the fort when needed and be out scouring for props for the glorious chinese army. Amazingly our team was spared from the infection for the whole game. This was a tremendously entertaining scenario and I am sure we will be back for future events. It is very rewarding to know that our efforts were not un-observed. Thank you to anyone who helped during the day, and sorry to all the countless americans/things that took paintballs from us. No hard feelings

Now on to Stalingrad!!!!
I've heard of players not get infected, but entire teams? Incredible! You guys will probably be the number 1 team sought after when we close up this trilogy in a couple years at THE THING III.

To everyone:

I have extra THING II postcards and magnets. If you want some as souvenirs, let me know. At Stalingrad we'll track each other down pre-game so you can claim them and throw them in your cars.

Again:
Huge thank you to everyone for coming out and supporting us. We keep on trying to add more entertaining dimensions, challenges for you to meet, and unique missions and themes so you fully enjoy your day.

See most of you at Stalingrad!

09/08/07 - Paint the World 1944 | 06/01/08 - BioWars | 09/06/08 - Assault on Planet X7 | 01/31/09 - Jpazz CARHpenter's:THE THING
06/06/09 - BioWars 2 | 09/12/09 - Phantom Panic | 06/12/10 - C.I.S. Skirmish | 02/19/11 - Jpazz CARHpenter's: THE THING II | 06/04/11 - Revolution 2776 9/8/12 - The Plague Wars | 2/23/13 - THE THING III

TSSOC Fallout: Wasteland / Enclave MVP | TSSOC Army of Darkness /Human MVP

French X.O. ION 2011: No matter who wins, we lose.

Last edited by jpazz : 02-22-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: spelling
jpazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:40 PM #388
Razor Girl
Team Infamous

Don't know about the rest of the players from that game, but spent the rest of the weekend telling stories of the game and hearing a lot more stories of the game. Everyone I talked to had a blast at the game and a completely different experience. And now that I'm back to the grind, it's time to do a quick post game post. Keg posted a lot of what I was going to say already, but here's just some additions that I'd like to make.

First off, again, thanks to Jpazz and Arh for coming up with another great time in paintball. I've been to most of them, and the games are always something different. There's always something going on that would interest and challenge both the experienced player and the new comers to paintball. These guys do it for the love of the game and it shows with every game they put on. Looking forward to the June 4th game. Oh, and Jpazz is still my favorite husky.

Thanks to Skirmish for hosting a great game. They were even looping The Thing movie all day in the pro shop. When I finally left the field and wandered in to take advantage of the heat, I saw the movie playing. Great element to add to the day.

Thanks to the reffing staff. Great job once again guys. Thanks for helping keep the game clean and safe.

Thanks to Keg for giving me the chance to be XO. Had a blast out there both as human, the thing and back to human again. Once getting innoculated he ended up running a bunch of missions himself for the American side. Both him and I were new to the Thing game and did what we could out there to make sure everyone had a great time, and I'm sure it's safe to say, that he's looking as forward to the Thing III as I am.

Thanks to Grazi, even though he couldn't make the game, he made sure to give me tips based on the comings and goings on the Thing I which both myself and my team were unfortunately unable to make.

Congrats to the American MVT Sons of Vengeance. Really great working with you guys as well as Predator, who designated himself as my shadow for the day to make sure that I didn't end up infected. Though, from my understanding, he was already infected when I ran into him, and I ended up infected myself anyways...

Congrats to the American MVP Mauricio. He kept running up to me over and over telling me he was flipping flags, bringing in props and whatnot and asked if it was ok. Even while I was infected and kept trying to send him in the wrong direction and giving him misinformation, he still managed to be there for the American side doing as much as he could for us. It was appreciated.

Thanks to Frenchie for the loan of the tank. Every piece of equipment I had that day went down. The tank was appreciated. Oh, and thanks for the infection...

Great seeing everyone again as always, and please forgive me if I forget anybody...Hell Katz, Pete and Squek Toy, TSSOC (Professor, Ram and first time officially meeting Applicant Borton though running into him at a few games), Ish (Twitchy man you gotta stop getting hurt every time I see you out there, but great to see that you can still laugh it off and congrats to the new member Mike), Alpha, Roger and Silence, and Bravo. Despite the side we're running on it's always great seeing everybody, then going out for drinks and food afterwards.

To all the new faces and walk ons for the day, hope you guys had as much of a blast as the rest of us and hope to see you again soon.

And Infamous, I still want you guys to register Chinese.

Chinese Command Alpha and Roger, you guys got hit with the infection real hard. I know that Keg and I were thinkin' of banding together against the Thing, but you guys had your hands full with the Thing. You guys did a great job out there and did come close to pushing our borders on and off throughout the day.
Razor Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:53 PM #389
k-tap

First of all I want to thank Wulfpack, Skirmish and everyone else who was involved in making Think II happen. I had a blast playing a game that was more than just Red vs Blue. The paranoia element made the game a white knuckle event the whole time (well maybe part of that was the freezing temperatures).

I have to thank Goose for letting me demo the Axe. That gun is worth way more than the ~$400 KEE charges for it. It feels great in the hands and shoots incredibly smooth and quiet. So quiet in fact that my Proph did not detect that I was shooting occasionally (the sensitivity was set on the low side). There is a reason XSV and other teams will be shooting this gun in the 2011 season.

Thanks to all the great comments towards the DUST team; we really appreciate it. As to how we stayed uninfected, I have no idea. There were significant portions of the game where the entire team got separated because someone would be running props, some one was respawning, someone was still holding a flag station, etc. Upon regrouping there was no suspicion within the team, we just went out a ran another mission. One of my strongest memories of the game is during the American assault on the Pentagon. Someone yelled from behind "Alright DUST, show us what you're known for!" That comment put pressure on me to perform, spiked the adrenaline rush, and might have been one of the biggest reasons Red base wasn't overrun. Whoever that was, thanks for the inspiration.

See everyone at Stalingrad! DUST will be showing up in force.

Proud to be Sponsored by Valken Paintball

Stalingrad 2010 MVT

Last edited by k-tap : 02-22-2011 at 03:57 PM.
k-tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:24 PM #390
RavenWolf
Francois Deloup

RavenWolf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
RavenWolf has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Debrief Log 2257... Status... Still Human...

It happened again... the madness, the horror, the paranoia of never knowing who you could trust or where you could turn... But fate have it I was fortunate enough to stumble upon the one thing that could save me from this... infection... so I knew that I could always trust myself, or could I? Yes... Yes I could...

To all those who read this debrief log,The Thing is still out there... brooding... plotting it's next move as it seeks to dominate all of humanity and take this planet for itself. You all think you are safe, but no one will ever truly be unless they can find the cure, a cure that I thankfully stumbled upon in the dark alley of Outpost G-4 after a long and grueling journey with one peculiarly shaped sled dog guiding my path.

So many lives were claimed, both to the fires of war, and the machinations of "The Thing", but I still remain a bastion of hope for humanity in the future.

Even Chinese command, in all their wisdom, was not ready for what hit them, and at one point I needed to take control of what little was left and scour out alone, command documents and testing equipment in tow, in my efforts to free us from this curse... this... infection. But I cannot thank them enough for their guidance and their assistance throughout this horrific day.

So many fine men and women fought along with and against me this day, and they cannot be thanked enough for their sacrifices. At one point I had no choice but to seek out the one other individual I knew I could trust, even if he was American, to try to find a solution to the problems we were facing together, but I was taken back and then turned away, since so many of their own had faced a fate worse than death as they struggled to maintain their humanity.

My thanks goes out to every single one of my fellow Chinese warriors, even though most of you were untrustworthy once you left my sight the first time, especially those of you of whom I have a long history with. But my goal was achieved, to remain one of the only true humans left in this world, and to use that leverage as a way to fight back at this infection and save us all once and for all.

I know they will come again, and next time, the stakes will be higher and the whole world will truly be vulnerable to this abomination. I can only hope that I will be prepared in time and that I can create enough of this serum so that I can have more that I can trust so that maybe... MAYBE... I can rest knowing that the people around me are who the say they are... but that's a story for another day and another log... RavenWolf signing out...

*Out of Character*

P.S. Despite my immunization for most of the game... perhaps the most horrific, scary, and altogether paranoid part of my day, was the moment I realized that due to the craziness of my morning that I would not arrive at the field until AFTER the game had started... All my well thought out plans of how to avoid infection from the people who I was certain were gunning for me after the first game had originally depended on my being at the field early enough to be hidden from view until I was ready to reveal myself, which obviously did not happen.

Then I realized I had forgotten my barrel cover and needed to buy one from the Skirmish Proshop and proceeded to be thankful that I was wearing "street clothes" and therefore looked like any other boring walkon that wasn't playing the scenario. Those couple of minutes in line were probably the most adrenaline filled minutes of my life, as my senses were in overdrive and I was ready to BOLT out of line, barrel cover be damned, at the first site of any single individual that I recognized from the scenario.

So yeah... getting on the field and finally getting that immunization mission made my day complete, since I knew I would be able to successfully thwart those who would otherwise hunt me down ruthlessly as they tried to infect me and ruin my perfect record. But regardless...

I CANNOT thank you all enough for being awesome and supporting JPazz and this amazing game design. The best part about all of this? The stuff that's going to be in store for us all come the epic conclusion to the Trilogy... I know I already have some interesting ideas... how about you?
Victorious General of Biowars II and Phantom Panic by G-Force Productions
Skirmish's Invasion of Normandy 2009 German Ambassador to Tyrell/RCO.... VICTORY!!!

Last edited by RavenWolf : 02-22-2011 at 05:56 PM.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 PM #391
Keg
Lacrosse Grenadier

Operation "Thing II" Debrief
Prepared for and Submitted to the Joint Chiefs of Staff
February 23, 2011 @ 16:00
Per the events of February 19, 2011 @ Skirmish Paintball
Interviewed: General Keg

1. General what was your team's status when you landed in the Artic that morning?
We were fit and ready for duty, all set to complete our assigned missions, well at least to the best of my ability we were.

2. What happened next?
We started off first to secure some med kits. I sent a squad out to complete it when one of my officers, Dr. Predator, went AWOL.

3.AWOL general?
Yes sir, the doctor took off in the opposite direction from his assigned squad. I immediately questioned if what we had found at the SAS camp had indeed already taken ahold of some in my ranks.

4. What did you find at the SAS site general?
Reports from our previous engagement in the area had confirmed the presence of some form of other worldly creature capable of mimicing humans.

5. So Dr. Predator's AWOL prompted you to surmise that your team had been compromised?
Yes sir, after reading the reports of the previous campaign before embarking on this mission I made certain to question all actions by my team not found in conventional military texts.

6. What would you say the amount of your team percentage wise was that were compromised during this mission?
80% give or take a few points, listen there was no defense against this Thing up there minus an inoculation and I had made damn sure I got that inoculation to see that our mission was carried out.

7. What opposition did the Chinese present during the mission?
They were all over the area, well what we believe to be Chinese were. Autopsy reports performed on Chinese irregulars found on the scene confirm a non-human entity using them as hosts.

8. So the Chinese ranks were infected as well?
No official numbers but I'd say they were certainly compromised to a great degree.

9. Were you successful in establishing American interests in the oil fields.
That is affirmative. You can feel secure in filling up your SUV tonight sir.

10. And in quelling the infection how did your team perform?
Admirably, my core unit was successful in establishing a testing station with which we were able to remove the non-human entity without risking the life of the enlisted.

11. And how was that achieved?
Classified
12. And the establishment of a portable testing unit?
Confirmed, our techs and scientists were working around the clock during our campaign in order to ensure its successful implementation.

13. Thank you General, anything else you would like to add to the file?
While my forces did their best to rid itself of this alien being we cannot confirm we got all of it. I suspect the thing, whatever the hell it is, is still out there on the ice. It has proven that it is capable of entering a hibernation state since it sat up there two years waiting for us to go back. My forces were indeed infected but we made every attempt we could to rid ourselves of the infection but I cannot sit here today and state with 100% assurance that we were successful in that part of the mission. If you go back up there you had better make damn sure your ready for it. Hell it could be in the room here as we speak and we wouldn't know it. There's no telling what is going on in Asia at the moment, the whole continent maybe infected by now. These things will stop at nothing to kill us all. We are the hunted here, we no longer possess the top rung of the food chain, and we have no means of detecting it other than what my team was able to achieve up there. I understand the politics of the mission, the oil is needed, especially with our boy in Libya about to be ousted, but the fight in the Artic isn't for oil any longer, it's for the human race and it's survival. We reached out to the Chinese while up there, tried to get them to reason, but it was too late. They were already overrun by the thing. If it wasn't for the hard work and ingenuity of my men and women I wouldn't be sitting here today, instead I'd probably be slithering across the ice right now looking for a fresh body to inhabit. I'd say nuke the circle, all of it, be damned the ice caps and the enviromentalists. You don't know what we're dealing with up there and you should be damn scared and grateful it hasn't reached civilization yet. Canada is nothing but a buffer zone at this point. If this got out in public... mass hysteria.

Last edited by Keg : 02-23-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:34 AM #392
jpazz
I am Psych-ot-ic

Last note I meant to post :

China is 1 prop away from a portable testing unit. The U.S. has theirs completed.

So at THE THING III these portable testing units come into play. U.S. at the start, and China once they procure their last needed component.

Commanders/Teams will be able to send their assigned man with this pack, both on and off the field, to hunt down THINGS aggressively. This of course is in addition to a base testing unit if they assemble one.

THINGS at Part III beware...humans now get to take the fight to you

09/08/07 - Paint the World 1944 | 06/01/08 - BioWars | 09/06/08 - Assault on Planet X7 | 01/31/09 - Jpazz CARHpenter's:THE THING
06/06/09 - BioWars 2 | 09/12/09 - Phantom Panic | 06/12/10 - C.I.S. Skirmish | 02/19/11 - Jpazz CARHpenter's: THE THING II | 06/04/11 - Revolution 2776 9/8/12 - The Plague Wars | 2/23/13 - THE THING III

Last edited by jpazz : 02-24-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:36 PM #393
bravo316

Any pics up from anyone?

CIS BPA General 6/2010

Hell Katz
bravo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:40 PM #394
ace0007

Someone from Skirmish was taking some, but haven't seen them up yet

PM me for my facebook!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 PM #395
4Homer4

Ace, Doc and Box...

I had a great time defending the pentagon with you guys. It was close but we did our jobs!

Can't wait to see you all again. Maybe at Super Troopers?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:29 AM #396
ace0007

Some of us are going to the Poco Loco game in April, but yes def. at Super Troopers.

PM me for my facebook!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM #397
TSSOC.PROFESSOR

TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TSSOC.PROFESSOR has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Log from Professor Ho Wen Li:

I have been claimed, not from The Thing, but from the common cold. Too tired to post a debrief.

I echo my general's sentiments, "Best scenario game ever!". What other game in the scenario community do you watch your step and 360 degree perimeter every minute of game play? Five hours of constant keeping my head on a swivel. I suspected everyone, especially my own teammates. Then throw in objective capturing, prop retrieval, the climate, the extremely precarious far side bridge!!!, and trying to win.

Everyone from my side already mentioned all the kudos to everyone. I just wanted to further thank the walk-on players for the Blue side. They were motivated and kept pushing. I can't wait for The Thing III.

A special thanks to Grazi, who helped me in the transition to take on his role of gathering the necessary items needed for the Portable Testing Unit. Watch out Things...we're coming for you. If the Red team can tell me what prop you need, I will assure you I will do everything in my power to have the Blue team search it out and hand it off to you as soon as we find it. We will both take down The Thing together.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:13 PM #398
jpazz
I am Psych-ot-ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0007 View Post
Someone from Skirmish was taking some, but haven't seen them up yet
Arh has some up on facebook. I'll ask her to post the link. Ignore my layers and size

I have not seen Skirmish ones yet.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:59 PM #399
arh
panda whisperer

arh is a Supporting Member
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=104407266384

Here are the few pics i took around central command - please let me know if you have more from on the field. i'd love to see those!
arh is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups