PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM #1
LFRyder
Without love, we perish

Gen 4 Timmy Issues...Need Help

So I just purchased my first timmy ever...a Gen 4 Infamous timmy with eigenram. Since getting it, I have not been able to chrono over 220 with it. After looking up a lot of issues, I decided to purchase the stock ram and poppet spring to basically get it shooting in time for this coming weekend.

I received my ram and spring today and the spring is a completely different shape than what was in it. I figured that the eigenram spring was in it, but now I am guessing it wasn't. The spring that was in it is a small, tightly woven spring that is about half the length of the spring i purchased. The spring I bought was this:

http://www.criticalpaintball.com/Bob...ppetspring.htm

However, this is nowhere near fitting. Can you guys help me out. I have changed out all orings, reset the regs and lubed everything with dow 55. I am completely lost and the fact that I have never owned a timmy makes me wonder exactly what is OEM and what is aftermarket. I have spoken with Lurker and I will be getting another eigenram spring, but I just need to figure out what is going on. Thanks
LFRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 PM #2
‹GOD›
PMGWC Council

‹GOD› helped look for balloons
‹GOD› is playing at Living Legends III
‹GOD› owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The new sprung you got is for gen 1-3 timmys and will not work. Gen4s don't like lighter rams, go back to stock for now. Lurker has something in the works to fix the current issues, once I get the prototype part back we may finally have a reliable fix.

Posting from my phone so excuse and spelling or punctuation errors.
OLD FEEDBACK
"Originally posted by Gordofski: you can trust GOD though"
‹GOD› is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM #3
LFRyder
Without love, we perish

I appreciate the help. My question is, is the current spring the correct stock spring? I am starting to question what parts have been swapped for aftermarket ones. Thanks for the quick response though. I really appreciate it.
LFRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM #4
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
If the current spring is small, tightly coiled, and impossibly stiff, it's likely a stock gen4 spring. The Eigenkit spring is cut on one end.