Old 02-16-2011, 05:55 PM #1
ionsp7070
lets go reds!

ionsp7070 plays in the PSP
ionsp7070 is playing at Living Legends III
ionsp7070 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ionsp7070 plays in the APPA D4 division
G6R question

I just got my g6r and i have had like 3 cases through it and i have noticed i have a small leak around the bolt and at times slightly down the barrel. I messed with the hpr and lpr a little bit for chrono did that mess it up? im running a ninja 70/45 on it.. set on hp right now. should it run on lp?
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2011, 06:39 PM #2
Nickland21
Gobigpaintball.net

Nickland21 is a Supporting Member
Nickland21 donated to help Peyton Trent
Nickland21 supports Bob Gurnsey
Nickland21 supports our troops
I would take your shims out of your ninja tank, that should drop it down to 500 ish psi. Not saying that is your problem, although it won't hurt. Also try to use a pressure tester to set up your gun. Blindly adjusting pressures on a bob long gun is never a good idea.
Nickland21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:19 PM #3
specopsdeath2
ヽ༼ຈ

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 plays in the APPA D3 division
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
if you read the manual (which i know you didnt) it says to use LP. so yes, USE LP by taking all of the shims out of your tank reg and then your set. if not, come back to us and we will help you from there
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:59 AM #4
Mr. Stealthy

For marker leaks down the barrel.
-Ensure that your ram o-rings are free of nicks, and properly lubricated.
-Verify that your poppet seal is in good condition, with its shaft o-ring free of nicks and properly lubricated.

Air is leaking from inside the marker frame
-Remove the trigger frame from the marker and lubricate the air transfer hole o-rings
-Separate the front and back body halves and inspect/replace the o-rings in the air transfer locations

Air is leaking from the front of the marker frame
-Verify that the racetrack o-ring in the front of the frame is free of nicks and has a light coat of grease to induce swelling.
-Verify that the grip frame is tight to the main body.

In regards to the using high pressure, if you use it, you run a higher risk of blowing seals and/or producing leaks in the markers internal macro routing. As the manual says you should use low pressure on the marker (super low pressure being the most ideal). You should also reference to the G6R manual as a new owner.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 AM #5
proto_oli
INERTIA

proto_oli plays in the PSP
proto_oli supports DLX Technology
I sometimes get a weird leak, coming from from the breach, specifically from where the.. for lack of knowledge and better word, jet of air goes into the bolt.

It will sometimes randomly leak, then stop in the middle of the day.. when i get home and gas up the marker for some reason, it'll leak again. I've been mostly ingnoring the leak 'cause it's a really small one. BTW I have a Ninja LP reg
Old 02-17-2011, 12:10 PM #6
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto_oli View Post
I sometimes get a weird leak, coming from from the breach, specifically from where the.. for lack of knowledge and better word, jet of air goes into the bolt.

It will sometimes randomly leak, then stop in the middle of the day.. when i get home and gas up the marker for some reason, it'll leak again. I've been mostly ingnoring the leak 'cause it's a really small one. BTW I have a Ninja LP reg
Did you use the troubleshoot I listed above? If it is leaking down the bolt it is either your ram o-rings, your poppit o-rings, or the poppit itself that is the issue. Another issue can sometimes leaks can be from people lubing the actual face of the poppit (the delrin part). You want to only lube the delrin stem o-rings and only with an very light coat.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:48 PM #7
proto_oli
INERTIA

proto_oli plays in the PSP
proto_oli supports DLX Technology
Well, I clean and relube the ram orings after about 2 to 3 cases of paint. I've never taken apart the entire gun so I havent lubed the face of the poppit or its orings..
Old 02-17-2011, 03:13 PM #8
KMA

KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by proto_oli View Post
Well, I clean and relube the ram orings after about 2 to 3 cases of paint. I've never taken apart the entire gun so I havent lubed the face of the poppit or its orings..
Is it possible you nicked one of your ram orings after relubing it and reinserting in to your gun? The threading for the ram cap may have scratched one of the orings going in. You could try visually inspecting the ram and/or replacing each of the two orings until you figure out if it is the culprit.

Good luck!
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback

Last edited by KMA : 02-17-2011 at 03:16 PM.
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote