Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 10:51 PM #22
gamer565
*****es love cannons!
 
gamer565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OK
Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekoii View Post
will do
anybody tried the vp trigger on it??
not sure debating critical or a vp
stock trigger isnt cuttin it for me
Triggers are personal preference, no one will be able to tell you what you'll like..

Buy both, sell the one you don't like.

Or find 2 people that has one of each.
__________________
Jolly Green (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 PM #23
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE
 
specopsdeath2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jersey/CT
Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
love my vp.

critical has too much of an aggressive curve for me.

like gamer said its personal preference
__________________
Old FB
GUN SALE
Luxe Mob.
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 AM #24
nin7474
 
 
nin7474's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOSTON 617
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nin7474 supports Team VICIOUS
nin7474 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywitagun72 View Post
Well I know a after few uses of the Asa on the g6r, all the excess lube on the asa plunger starts to where off and then it will purge properly. Mine didn't purge fully for like the first 10 times
Having the same issue with my Ninja 50/45 LP(no shims). Would you suggest cleaning all the Lube off in the ASA to help purging?
Just got the g6R new
nin7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 AM #25
Mr. Stealthy
 
 
Mr. Stealthy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
 has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nin7474 View Post
Having the same issue with my Ninja 50/45 LP(no shims). Would you suggest cleaning all the Lube off in the ASA to help purging?
Just got the g6R new
I would recommend cleaning the excess lube off of the asa to help the purging.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 AM #26
nin7474
 
 
nin7474's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOSTON 617
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nin7474 supports Team VICIOUS
nin7474 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I would recommend cleaning the excess lube off of the asa to help the purging.
I'm having a hell of a time trying to pop the ASA Pin out. Any suggestions?
**NEVERMIND, got it out

Last edited by nin7474 : 02-16-2011 at 04:06 AM.
nin7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:16 AM #27
nin7474
 
 
nin7474's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOSTON 617
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nin7474 supports Team VICIOUS
nin7474 supports our troops
Cleaned extra Lube and ran a Q-tip through it. Still not Degassing
nin7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM #28
KMA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NY
KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmiller View Post
the slp will make the gun much smoother then any other reg.
I heard of a BL tech commenting that they've seen "better performance" from the LP Ninja reg (vs the SLP) on the G6R, and that the SLP only gets you more shots as the tank air gets low. Unfortunately, there was no clarification on what he meant by "better". He said both regs are good, but there is no other reason to get the SLP over LP other than more shots per tank. The other bonus with the LP setup is that you can use it on any other marker, even ones that require HP (after putting the shims back in). It's also possible that the ASA purge system works better with SLP, but I don't think has been verified and I've heard differing reports of one being better than the other. I think cleaning the ASA pin of excess lube and possibly changing the oring to urethane have the biggest positive effect.

IMHO, the benefits of the SLP reg are being slightly exaggerated on this forum and very few people have had enough experience with both to say one is better than the other... but that's just my opinion.
__________________
╔╦╗╔═╦═╦══
║║╚╣║║║║╔╗
║╔╗║║║║║╠╣
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 PM #29
KMA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NY
KMA is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by nin7474 View Post
Cleaned extra Lube and ran a Q-tip through it. Still not Degassing
I saw comments that earlier versions of the ASA pin were not rounded on the end, and caused degassing issues. Does your pin fit that description? If so, you might be able to get it replaced. Otherwise, I think there is a design issue with the ASA and it doesn't always work well. Some people remove the lock screw out of the bottom to allow the knob to be spun further out, letting the air escape more easily. The downside is that if you go to far it will come off.

Anyone have a diagram of how this ASA works? It would be nice to see it and probably easier to come up with an overall fix.
__________________
╔╦╗╔═╦═╦══
║║╚╣║║║║╔╗
║╔╗║║║║║╠╣
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback

Last edited by KMA : 02-16-2011 at 12:10 PM.
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:44 PM #30
nin7474
 
 
nin7474's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BOSTON 617
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nin7474 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nin7474 supports Team VICIOUS
nin7474 supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA
I saw comments that earlier versions of the ASA pin were not rounded on the end, and caused degassing issues. Does your pin fit that description? If so, you might be able to get it replaced. Otherwise, I think there is a design issue with the ASA and it doesn't always work well. Some people remove the lock screw out of the bottom to allow the knob to be spun further out, letting the air escape more easily. The downside is that if you go to far it will come off.

Anyone have a diagram of how this ASA works? It would be nice to see it and probably easier to come up with an overall fix.
thanks
Do you mean it's supposed to be rounded at the point of the pin which depresses the Reg. pin?
Cause mine isn't.
I also taken out the Lock Screw to try to unscrew the know further out to see if that works but it didn't.
I also wondered about taking out the Lock Screw but scared dirt/debris would get in.
Debating if I should call BLAST.
nin7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:27 PM #31
Dyeoblivion69
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
 has been a member for 10 years
Dyeoblivion69 plays in the PSP
Dyeoblivion69 posts videos on PbNation
Dyeoblivion69 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMA View Post
I heard of a BL tech commenting that they've seen "better performance" from the LP Ninja reg (vs the SLP) on the G6R, and that the SLP only gets you more shots as the tank air gets low. Unfortunately, there was no clarification on what he meant by "better". He said both regs are good, but there is no other reason to get the SLP over LP other than more shots per tank. The other bonus with the LP setup is that you can use it on any other marker, even ones that require HP (after putting the shims back in). It's also possible that the ASA purge system works better with SLP, but I don't think has been verified and I've heard differing reports of one being better than the other. I think cleaning the ASA pin of excess lube and possibly changing the oring to urethane have the biggest positive effect.

IMHO, the benefits of the SLP reg are being slightly exaggerated on this forum and very few people have had enough experience with both to say one is better than the other... but that's just my opinion.

I just bought an slp reg but did not get to use it yet and I'm currently using a ninja with the shims taken out for lp. To my understanding the slp shouldn't perform better or worse it should just give you extra shots towards the end of the tank fill. I know at first that the slp reg may make the marker feel like its shooting less consistant since it will be a brand new reg but once it's broken in they should perform the same. I will compare both regs and see which one I'm overall more impressed with in the way the marker "feels" as it shoots.
__________________
NWO

Last edited by Dyeoblivion69 : 02-16-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Dyeoblivion69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump