Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 PM #1
jaypholikespho

paintball ninja: tips/tricks/gear.

I like to play woodsball/scenario in my ninja suit. Actually, the first time I played woodsball, i had no gear and decided to throw on the suit. I was wondering if anyone else does too haha. My goal every time is to sneak my way behind the enemy and take out players, solid snake style.

I wanted to start a thread where we can share some tips and tricks with one another, because I'm fairly new to the scenario/woodsball scene.

All I need is my suit, a phantom, a pistol, a knife, a rope,and some rations.
jaypholikespho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 PM #2
cutstep
Minnesota

Annual Supporting Member
cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cutstep is for the Gunfight
cutstep supports Sherwood Forest
welcome to the nation.... first let me say that you are going to get some people that will make mean comments and say dumb things... dont take it seriously, they are 15 year olds who think they are either agg or hardcore milsimers ... both are bad for the sport

I wouldnt recommend carrying the knife, thats just dangerous. I also dont think that you need a ninja suit to be sneaky... or camo for that matter... I play with a bright green mask and a red gun and a bunch of other loud colors and I frequently find myself able to completely disappear and take out players behind the lines. Last year at a big game I crawled my way up to the generals tent and spent an hour ten feet from it relaying his orders to my team...

The trick is you need to be willing to get off the paths... its amazing that people will walk right by you on the trail and wont have any idea that your ten feet from them. Most fields have a trail ringing their field so what I do when I want to get places is take that trail to the point of the engagment zone and then break off into the woods, players tend to travel in waves so once one wave has past you have a number of minutes before the next one, thats when you move.... repeat a few times and you are in the enemy cz... people in the cz let their guard down, they dont think that there would be anyone in their right mind back there while all of their team members are there. You can cause all sorts of havoc once your there
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:38 PM #3
143rd SOG (Det. A)
"SEMPRE INTENDO INGUEN! "

Lose the knife before it gets you into trouble at a field (there is no need to have it). Lose the rope too as it's dead weight. Save the food for when your in the rear with the gear and can safely take your mask off to eat. Keep the Ninja suit though, that makes the game more fun and Ninjas are kick ***. Welcome to PBNation and Scenario Paintball!

Thank You To Our Sponsors:
http://watchyourbackproductions.com
http://norsemantire.com/
Check Out The Great Gear And Deals From Our Friends at:
http://oregonpaintball.com
143rd SOG (Det. A) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM #4
Boom Master
Scenario Player

More than a few players enhance their playing gear. Some for function, Some for fun.

CPX in Chicago used to put on a Mad Max Scenario and handed out prizes to the best outfit. What they didn't say was that you didn't have to play in it to win.... They would have had a heat stroke playing in some of those outfits. I had a jean vest with knee pads sewn on for shoulder pads. Bought a red and blond ponytail hair piece and zip tied it to the sides of my mask. Found some white hair clips that looked like vertabrae when cliped onto my baseball cap and down the back of my vest. How often do 600 guys get to get together and play dress up.....?

I got so many comments about my ponytails, I just left them on my mask. Been 3-4 years now. Seems to intimadate the newbies somehow.

So you will fit right in. Have fun. Plan a trip to Hawaii next winter. In Jan they have Shogun Scenaro game. Ninja heaven.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3385697

Tips and tricks. Camo Ninja including your foot wear. My brown boots is what gets me spotted. I use leafy camo on a bug suit. It is COOL to wear and 95% of the fields let me play with the break rule in it since it is not quite a ghillie suit. Bass Pro, Sports authority, top includes a hood, pants need suspenders on them or you will crawl out of them with the elastic waistband. I have litereally been stepped on wearing it.

I would put a zilencer on that phantom and a autorangefinder to increase your practical range.

email me if you have any interest in doing that. ddupont@charter.net

Recently there is a development that has peaked my interest for snipers and players like you. Much more range and accuracy for you standard scenario field paint.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3469418

You a techie or know one? I have a project on the back burner for several years trying to find someone that can help me build it. Originally wanted to make a wireless decoy. When I pulled the trigger on my marker, it would play the sound of a paintball marker firing where I placed it. My marker is zilenced and very quiet but can still be heard at 20-30 yards. So this would make any sound I made firing, sound like an echo or just be masked entirely. I had to compromise and go wired in my design and it would be used for ambushes and such to disrupt missions comming out of enemy HQ. The size of the battery pack and speaker would not make it throwable like I wanted for quick deployment while moving.

But I figured I could take out a whole squad trying to engage the decoy before they figured out what was going on.

Another limitation is they make us use field paint that can be easily spotted comming out of the bush I am hiding in. Solid BLACK shell and solid dark green shell is nearly invisible in the woods. So I would just have to make sure no one was looking in my direction when I fired a ball OR get out a permanet black magic marker and color a lot of paintballs. Not a bad idea for a phantom player that doesn't go through a hopper of paint every 15 seconds.

Plan C is a security device you can buy for $30. It is battery operated, motion sensor that sets off a 120 db screamer and a strobe light flasher.
One heck of a diversion, espeically during a night game.. Heh, heh, heh.
3-4 guys could zip tie one to a tree next to a trail and make the entire other team stomp through the woods instead of taking the trails during a night game. Move them around a bit and make them think there are 20 of them. That would really slow them down and make it harder to complete missions on time.

Scenario play is all about points. You live and die over and over for points.

You can help your team EARN points by completing missions OR you can cause the OTHER team to lose points. If you can Bust a mission, you can single handedly earn 300 points for YOUR team by the relative score at the end of the weekend...

I know of one game, don't ask me where, I'm sworn to secrecy. There is a 20 person team that is totally dedicated to costing the other team points.

They gather intel and disrupt missions. They cost the other team hundreds of points and the other side is still trying to figure out why their missions get ambushed so regularly. The game allows spys, Part of their team is the spy. They BUG the HQ base in case they are discovered and eliminated. Thus they know exactly where each mission is going and what the objective is. They have 2 sizeable Death Squads of regular players that like to just shoot stuff and not go on missions. Each headed by a member of this team. They deploy around the field and hunker down until they get the intel of the enemy mission. Then they go like heck to get their first and disrupt the mission. If it is a retrieve a prop and they can retrieve it too. They go for it. If it is a take and hold, they set up an ambush and try to get other reinforcements to support them. Especially if it is also their teams take and hold mission as well.

They have very young players that just take up station on the field and reports troop movements by radio. Some don't even carry markers...

All the intel goes to their commander somewhere around the HQ who runs the show just like a general. If he needs to contact the General with some important intel, he walks back in and tells him or radios him.

This whole thing is so covert the Producer and Field Owner and 99% of the players on their own team have no CLUE what is going on. Just the General and XO. I was the XO.

At the end of the game the points margin was less than the number of points I KNEW they cost the other team, they simply made the difference in the victory for our side. But they can't talk about it or brag about it. They just High 5 each other and go home smiling.

So if you would like to do something like that, your ninja approach, would fit right in with a Recon Role player. You have to take pictures of enemy HQ or other objectives. Cell phones in some cases or just a cheap digital camera.
Radio out intel about missions. Get some super snooper directional mics to listen in on mission from HQ if you can get close enough. Bug the base.

I wanted to make a radio controlled log to roll into the base and bug it. Darn battery pack to run a radio for 12-15 hours would be a BIG log people would notice. Plan B is a low power transmiter that doesn't eat up batteries with a 100 yard broadcast range and set up a relay with the BIG battery pack to broadcast that half mile to our HQ. OR just a guy in the brush like you than can radio just the important stuff back to HQ.

I specialize in infiltrating HQ and disrupting missions during the night games. I'm generally in a tank during the day. I have a whole bag of tricks for night play. You can literally get away with murder...

Sound like fun?

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 02-10-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:01 PM #5
THE PAINTBALL NINJA

Due to my username and impressively high ego, I think I am the most qualified to answer your question. YES!!!! thats the only way I play paintball, I just use a t8.1 pistol and sneak all the way around the field and shoot em' in the butt.
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:16 PM #6
jaypholikespho

lol thanks for the warm and humorous welcome guys! haha
In my own defense, I carry a knife because, well, I'm in the woods and you never know when you might need one!(Ninja Survival tip #1!)
and I carry black nylon rope because it's also very useful. It can help you get into trees and such.
and we've been playing on my buddy's land, so it's not like an actual field. We've yet to go play on a real official field so we are literally scenario newbs. haha!
@cutstep: Hmm yes.. that is indeed good advice. thank you!
@Boom master: Hey man thanks for the suggestion on the Shogun Scenario game! I might just goto Hawaii just to play! And black/dark green shelled paint is a great idea! I didn't even think about that!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:17 PM #7
jaypholikespho

the rations was a MGS joke btw. lol
Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 PM #8
jaypholikespho

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PAINTBALL NINJA View Post
Due to my username and impressively high ego, I think I am the most qualified to answer your question. YES!!!! thats the only way I play paintball, I just use a t8.1 pistol and sneak all the way around the field and shoot em' in the butt.
YES! Once I have enough money I plan to buy a T8! Man I just run up on people with the pistol.

@Boom Master: I'm trying to join a team like that!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 AM #9
JESTERTLS

I have to say seeing someone dressed as a ninja would be pretty amusing. We've got people dressed as cows and everything else why not a ninja. it'd be cool especially if you are good with your chosen weapons. Get you one of those Nerf swords to carry. Just dont wack anyone with it.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 PM #10
insanethumper
I. AM NOT. A W****

All you have to do to not be seen is to move selectively. My friend and I watched 5 enemy players walk by us 10 feet away. I actually had to pop one because he was about to step on my friend.I have haada people stare at e and not see me simply because i don't move. And wearing dull color helps, of course. That and my trusty "the Orange" box. They never pick up on that one.

"Cuz we're goofy, mother*CAW*ers."
insanethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM #11
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I've been in full camo and literally been stepped on. Had my leafy camo on and just stood behind a 6 inch tree trunk and 5 guys walked right up to about 15 feet before one of them saw me move to open up on them.

You see what you are looking for. If you aren't paying attention, you are blind as a bat.

Players are easy to fool. Has happened to me on numerous occasions.

@jayXXXX You will probably have to start one yourself and recuit like minded players. I have the TOYS to make the other teams life miserable.

A Trojan horse that will bug the base. Why sneak in and plant it when they can take it in the base FOR YOU.

Super snooper ears with a directional mic. Radio contolled satchel charges. You know, fun stuff to build and play with.

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 03-05-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:02 PM #12
insanethumper
I. AM NOT. A W****

@boom master: Psshh, camo's for those who are seen. Ill take a green t-shirt thankyouverymuch, but i do agree with the idea that people see what they are looking for. And the trojan horse is a good idea, but what could you use to achieve this that a mike could be concealed on?

"Cuz we're goofy, mother*CAW*ers."
insanethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:56 PM #13
MAT8686

Welcome to nation, and I think I have some ideas. There is nothing wrong with a knife, especially while woodsballing, but it could run into problems at scenarios or places who have strict safety rules, but like you said you never know when you'll need it. Also, if you want to go and own people with a knife, I recommend buying a plastic / rubber training knife off of ebay for $15 - $20 dollars. I still have to buy one yet, but know a friend who has one, and it is very cool. You could could it in paint and then go a stabbin haha. I normally run a ghillie suit, and that's my invisibility, but ninja suit is just awesome. Last year I ran a winter ghillie during a normal summer game, lots of fun. I would also recommend a pistol, just in case things get dicey, good luck though and have fun ninja'ing people.
MAT8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Wood ammo box. False bottom with a cell phone, plug in mike and plug in an earphone jack to disable the speaker. An auxillary battery pack so it will broadcast continuously for 2 days. You will need your ex wifes cell phone or an unlimited program for minutes. And of course a cell phone on the other end to receive and batteries to keep it receiving.

Paint it hunters orange and lettering for "Return to BASE. To be issued by General ONLY."

Drop it in the woods with some grenade, paint, smoke, in the box. TREASURE!

They will find it. Take it to the base. If they are smart they will check and make sure it is NOT a booby trap. Then give it to the General who will issue the stuff and hopefully leave it right in the HQ close to him...

You don't have to......
Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 AM #15
cutstep
Minnesota

Annual Supporting Member
cutstep is playing at Living Legends III
cutstep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT8686 View Post
Welcome to nation, and I think I have some ideas. There is nothing wrong with a knife, especially while woodsballing, but it could run into problems at scenarios or places who have strict safety rules, but like you said you never know when you'll need it. Also, if you want to go and own people with a knife, I recommend buying a plastic / rubber training knife off of ebay for $15 - $20 dollars. I still have to buy one yet, but know a friend who has one, and it is very cool. You could could it in paint and then go a stabbin haha. I normally run a ghillie suit, and that's my invisibility, but ninja suit is just awesome. Last year I ran a winter ghillie during a normal summer game, lots of fun. I would also recommend a pistol, just in case things get dicey, good luck though and have fun ninja'ing people.
if you are going to work with the knife then I would recommend the ones that are lined with felt and have lipstick or other compound on them... when you slash someone it leaves a nice mark so you know if you got that elim
cutstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:31 AM #16
MAT8686

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutstep View Post
if you are going to work with the knife then I would recommend the ones that are lined with felt and have lipstick or other compound on them... when you slash someone it leaves a nice mark so you know if you got that elim
Apparently fields look down upon the fact of using red, because I guess it's similar to blood, pshhh. But that is actually a good idea, I might have to use that velcro if I buy myself a training knife.
MAT8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:40 PM #17
IKILLFOR$
No Prayer For the Dying

IKILLFOR$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IKILLFOR$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IKILLFOR$ supports Sherwood Forest
IKILLFOR$ supports Pev's Paintball
wear white...call yourself "the press" and beg to get some pics of the general....(bring your trusty camera, it doesnt even have to work) when you get into the base pull out your pistol on the general and offer him surrender (he'll usually take it, if he doesnt then shoot him...thats ninja!
WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS....KILL EVERYONE
matty mace: i have asthma an i felt as though other players might have been intentionally smoking near my pit to hinder my performance.......good thing i had my puffer.
CLOSED BOLT BALLERS
IKILLFOR$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 AM #18
BOBBYDUKES95

BOBBYDUKES95 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dude u need a morph suit lol
(> <) copy bunny into your profile help him achieve world domination
BOBBYDUKES95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM #19
SparkyGT
Looking at ( . Y . ) 's

SparkyGT supports Bob Gurnsey
SparkyGT supports Sherwood Forest
SparkyGT supports Pev's Paintball
your plan will work till you step on a sniper in ghillie, then he will shoot ya in your black ninja pajamas LOL

PICS OF MY STUFF, April 2011
Ebay +23/0
PAYPAL - Timmy Clan Member since 6-12-07 V5.1- almost 4 Rippers, 3 Alias's & a 50 lb box full of Timmy Parts, 12 gold ups
SparkyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:10 AM #20
Desperado_Ghost
Professional Professional

Desperado_Ghost is playing at Living Legends V
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost is for the Gunfight
Desperado_Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Desperado_Ghost is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I played in Jika-Tabi for awhile. Its hard to find them in my size though. I have big feet.

They are super comfy!

I carry an old 9in barrel for a knife and I barrel tag people with it. I am a FIRM believer in spies in scenario games and your skills would be ideal for that that type of game.

We had a last minute general change during a game in 09 and the new XO didnt have a gun. He used a plastic lightsaber like from starwars and became a barrel tagging beast. He even got a group of 15 to surrender. They have pics on the field site. Let me see if I can find em.

Last edited by Desperado_Ghost : 05-01-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Desperado_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 AM #21
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKILLFOR$ View Post
wear white...call yourself "the press" and beg to get some pics of the general....(bring your trusty camera, it doesnt even have to work) when you get into the base pull out your pistol on the general and offer him surrender (he'll usually take it, if he doesnt then shoot him...thats ninja!
put a T8 inside the camera!!!!
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is online now   Reply With Quote