Community Focus

Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 PM #1
_slash_1
gun fixer

has been a member for 10 years
_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
_slash_1 posts videos on PbNation
Ambush Army Open Team Tryouts: Sat Feb 5, Looking for players for NPPL/CPPL D1,D2,D3!

Ambush Army will be holding tryouts for our team for the upcoming 2011 paintball season. While traditionally we are a "closed" camp, this year we have decided to open up our team tryouts who anyone who would like to give it a shot. If you have played for us or other teams in the past that's fine, we wont hold it against you.

What is the Ambush Army....?

The Ambush Army is more than a paintball team. While paintball is at the core of our 50 member strong group, the team is more about living life than it is about paintball. Many of our members don't even play paintball. That said when it comes time to ball, we can definitely hold our own. We are going into our 3rd year of NPPL and have many strong industry contacts. We have made a name for ourselves on the international scene, and 2011 is our year to capitalize on it.

Our teams focus and the majority of our sponsor money next year will be directed primarily towards NPPL/PSP events. While we will still be participating in the BCPPL/CPPL, our practice schedule will be based on NPPL / PSP Events. People who apply are asked to have a Valid Passport, and money to travel from 3-5 International events next year. Players on the Ambush Nppl teams will go on to one of our 2 d1 bcppl teams for play in local events.

AA PERKS??????????

-Sponsorship.
While others will claim they are sponsored in exchange for a slight discount or free tshirt, we are ACTUALLY SPONSORED. Our team is heavily sponsored compared to most B.C. teams. Through strong industry contacts, PaintballGear.ca and Ambush Paintball have done everything possible to make paintball as cheap as possible for our top players. Pbrack Helps us our when it comes to our playing and party gear, and KEE is instrumental in supplying that ever awesome ULTRA EVIL. Sponsored players can expect to pay for their flight food and hotel at a NPPL and little else.

-Pro Coaches and Clinics and Friends......
Last year Ambush was host to many pro players. We are the home field of Vancouver Vendetta so players can sharpen their skills weekly by playing against the best in the province. We also hosted 2 pro clinics where players such as Greg Siewers, Tyler Harmon, and Shane Howe from the Oakland assassins came all the way to little old surrey bc in order to hang out Ambush style and show our players how to ball. (we will Def. be inviting them back)

-Access to our own field......
Speedball practice is only ran sundays for most people. Since the field is technically in my backyard, team members are free to practice WHENEVER they want, so long as they help keep the field clean.

-Our Own Gun "team" Gun.....
we are continuing our use of bob long guns for 2011. Since our team edition Victory sold approximately 30 units, we have decided to release an AA team g6r for 2011. They are designed by pbrack and will be available for purchase shortly.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Those interested in trying out need to:
-Be at least BCPPL d2 or d1 skill level player.... We dont care if you are hella oldschool, or new, all are welcome. We are not interested in d4 players as those div's rosters are full.
-Show up on time @ Ambush Paintball Speedball Park @ 10:15-11. There will be a sign in sheet at the shed, and a meeting @ 11am sharp. Tryout will begin at 11:15 and being ready and prepared IS PART OF THE TRYOUT.

Players who make the team are expected too:
-Be Fully Committed to the team. We are not interested in FLAKES, or wishy wash players. We run our team like a team.
-Be able to attend our 2 MANDATORY practices each month. The team will be practicing every week, but only 2 of those will be absolutely mandatory.
-Have enough money/time/flexibility to play and travel to tournament next year. (this means you have a well paying job and can get tournament time off)
-Help out at Ambush Paintball during practices and other special days
-Shoot a Bob Long Gun
-Have a good attitude, and represent Ambush and the team to the fullest. (think spencer moase hahaha)

---------------------------------------------

tryout details:

Admission: $5 (to cover the gas for the compressor)
Paintballs: we will have a low, mid and high grade all at regular prices, or you can BYOP.
Doors: 10:15
Meeting: 11
Tryout begins @: 11:15

I hope to see a lot of people out there. If you want to play NPPL next year, and be part of a great group of humanoids then this is your chance.

NOTE: we are not open for PUBLIC PRACTICE.... This will be a tryout only! There will be no random games played, only structured drills and scrims. People not interested in trying out are asked not to attend. We will open for practices shortly.

PLANET ECLIPSE / DYE / CP / VANGUARD / PROPHECY CERTIFIED TECH & BOB LONG ENTHUSIAST + i can fix anything that shoots
I may not be a professional player but i make a living playing paintball.

Last edited by _slash_1 : 02-03-2011 at 08:16 PM.
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM #2
_slash_1
gun fixer

We are now looking for d3 players as well. If you would like to bc tournament in d3, come on out to saturday's tryout!

PLANET ECLIPSE / DYE / CP / VANGUARD / PROPHECY CERTIFIED TECH & BOB LONG ENTHUSIAST + i can fix anything that shoots
Old 02-03-2011, 03:35 PM #3
tomn8r

nic and ambush army have been successfully rippin up the bc provincial circuit for years now. if you are in the area and want to get into a great organization, i recommend you check out the gang at ambush!
tomn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:03 PM #4
PBrack
PBrack.com

PBrack works for a Paintball manufacturer
Great group of guys, and always a top contender
PBrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM #5
_slash_1
gun fixer

thanks Tom! we will be checking out your tryouts @ snipers the following week!

Thanks racktommy. mobbin.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 AM #6
tomn8r

there have been many epic battles between the b.c. supernaturals and all the am. teams outta ambush. watching the outcome of 2 differing tactical styles was always a treat.
tomn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:04 PM #7
THA BALL3R

THA BALL3R owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
THA BALL3R supports Team VICIOUS
THA BALL3R is for the Gunfight
What division are you guys playing for HB?
#8 Surrey BCPA
2011 Canadain Nationals Champions

CHEAP HIGHEND GEARBAG SALE!!!
THA BALL3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM #8
WHATAPOS

Are you posting the results of the try outs? snd if so when?
WHATAPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:17 AM #9
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Arooooffffffff!
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote