PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-29-2011, 12:36 AM #22
LittleH8kid

LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D2 division
the pump teams have it cheep in the first place. how many cases do u even shoot an even? 7man teams are shooting atleast 20-30 cases an event. just in paint we will pay close to 200$ per person.
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2011, 08:19 PM #23
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
Yes it is cheaper than other divisions to play. The last event I played I think we shot 4-5 cases the whole event. But pump is cheaper in the first place just due to the format and the way most people play pump in the first place. They seem to have come a long way from the 08 HB when we were limited to 60 rounds a game and it cost $500 for the entry. I think after our whole squad was rostered and we paid for paint it came out to around $100 per player with 7 rostered. But we also only played 5 or so games and played them on the two farthest fields from center court. It just seemed like we were a side show. There were other little things that made the pump teams feel like the red-headed step child, but as long as the teams are treated like any other division and they keep the HB event on the sand there should never be a drought for local teams registering. No doubt in my mind that HB is probably the best event all year just due to the fact that the location is prime and it's the first "Big" event of the season, but alot of pump teams will probably be looking to their local tourney scenes due to the fact that entry for HB is on par for what it costs to play 3 OSOKO tournaments. And to top that, look at the local OSOKO prizes compared to the NPPL. If you take first or second, not only do you have those bragging rights, but you make back the money you spent on the tournament and then some.

Entry $350
Limited paint format
1st Place: $1000 CASH + additional prizes
2nd Place: $500 CASH + additional prizes
3rd Place: $250 CASH + additional prizes
4th Place: Product (Not just a cheap hopper or hat either

If I still lived in Cali, I would be at the event even with the added costs. The venue is the best in my opinion, and flights, rentals, and hotels wouldn't be a factor. Good luck to all the teams playing