PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 AM #1
L.I.Caretaker

L.I.Caretaker is a Supporting Member
New Store

I've been reading all the horror stories about opening up a store an all the problem incurred..I've also been in the paintball community for 25 years an have a few simple question"s..I also work for the largest East Coast Grocery chain for 20 years an have learned alot about retail..
And True the internet has ruined retail paintball to a point..

But every person wants to talk to someone 1 on 1..The Internet loses that.
Impulse buys can make your Business...Not all players live on PBnation an know what store's have great deal's..I was in my local store the other day an a Wife dropped $1500 on her husbands birthday,,he had given her a "want List" an she came to store..Granted we didn't have a Sand Camo Rotor but we had black an she took It...She grabbed a Vice,,her husband never said what color he wanted...An then a tank, again the list just said Tank..

Then what about all the 1st time players,The one's who need a little 1 on 1 time ..They can shop all day on line buy there gear an when it breaks,,you know the story..$50 hour service fee..

i know this will be a hot thread but I'm shooting ideas out there...I have deep pockets,,A full time job an I'm not looking to get rich...i just wanna do something on the side..

ALLEN PAINTBALL COMPANY...
HABER......foging is not at Option
Cousins...PSI...Meadowlands...Ground Assault....Battle Creek
L.I.Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2011, 09:23 AM #2
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.Caretaker View Post
I was in my local store the other day an a Wife dropped $1500 on her husbands birthday,
The problem is, it's not how much you make.. it's how much you keep. If you know a lot about retail, you then know about cost and margins. The problem is that $1500 purchase probably did not net the shop $400. So how many of those sales do you think you can do in a month, and what is the cost of labor, loss, rent, and on and on...

It's just a very small niche market with a big internet presence and very low margins. That doesn't mean you can't make it successful, it is just very difficult compared to a lot of other options for a business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.Caretaker View Post
I have deep pockets,,A full time job an I'm not looking to get rich...
Excellent.. because this would be a difficult way to get rich... Deep pockets?? How deep? Want a field and shop in Texas??

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.

Last edited by GatSplat : 01-26-2011 at 09:26 AM.
GatSplat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:48 PM #3
eminentpb
pew pew

Annual Supporting Member
eminentpb plays in the PSP
eminentpb owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
eminentpb plays in the APPA D4 division
eminentpb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
eminentpb has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
eminentpb supports DLX Technology
^ hah
WeR1
eminentpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM #4
Carnagge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSplat View Post

Excellent.. because this would be a difficult way to get rich... Deep pockets?? How deep? Want a field and shop in Texas??
I sir will be more than happy to run your field into the ground in less than a year

68/4500 tank
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post64366912
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 PM #5
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnagge View Post
I sir will be more than happy to run your field into the ground in less than a year
Excellent!! Bring a suitcase full of cash (non-sequential unmarked bills) and after you run it into the ground I'll take it back over and start again!

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! No monthly fees.
GatSplat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 AM #6
Matte

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I too have worked in Grocery, Paintball and Grocery are not on the same playing field at all. People constantly eat food and food is a need not so much a want. Paintball gear often times is a one time only purchase. It doesnt spoil, it doesnt expire, it doesnt get eatn'. So without a doubt people can buy it where ever they find the best deal. Deep pockets better mean
100k plus in cash that you can gamble with. Note still better have retirement money as well.
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote