PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2011, 03:30 AM #1
ccantu04

ccantu04 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ccantu04 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
PBnation Review

A while back I suggested that there should be a form to fill out when leaving a review. That way when you went to check the review section you would understand why someone gave it the review that they did, instead of seeing something being rated as super awesome, and the review saying, "this marker rocks, buy it."

It could be a form more or less like when you leave feedback. It could have fields to fill out such as Appearance, Feel, Weight, Performance, Maintenance, ect. ect. of course the fields would be different depending on what you were submitting the review for.

I had previously suggested this so that maybe a lot of the 5 star ratings would be eliminated, because it seems that almost everything in the review section is a 5.

John said that there would still be a billion 5 star ratings because it's what people earned and saved to spend their money on and to them it would be a 5.

But I think that if pbnation were to implement a form type layout to fill out for a review, that the review would at least be more accurate and helpful.

Also I think that PBnation should submit it's own review for Equipment. Of course they wouldn't be able to submit a review for everything, but maybe the more popular items, markers, upgrades, ect ect. something like this site does. It has the site review, and user reviews.

I also think it would be a good idea to add a picture to the review, that way you know what the item being reviewed looks like, just like they do on pbreview.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by ccantu04 : 01-23-2011 at 10:07 AM.
ccantu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:32 AM #2
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
The body of the review you fill out now is supposed to be an area where you can touch on the high and low parts of your experience with a product, not a "This thing rocks buy it!" box, but sadly that's the extent of the effort a lot of our users put into their reviews.

When designing the review section, we felt that it was as important as possible to keep things objective -- star ratings while they may end up just as "5 stars" all the time don't leave any room for user variation. Putting a text box there instead of stars for Appearance is going to lead to just as many useless blurbs as the body of the review. At least with a 1-5 rating, we can do some interesting stuff with the data.

The idea of PbNation reviews is a good one, but who is PbNation? PbNation isn't one user, it's all of us. One person wouldn't be behind the wheel, and without an objective review system like one that consumer reports does, reading reviews by "PbNation" isn't guaranteed to be any better than anyone else's reviews.

If you want to read quality reviews, I suggest going over to the review section, and looking at some of the reviews written by the "Top Reviewers" located on the right hand side of the page. These people have been selected for writing quality reviews (via a sophisticated algorithm).

[This is my Jam | Labs | Contact Me | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube]

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 AM #3
ccantu04

ok, so maybe not a "pbnation review" of a product. I should have chosen my words better. but yeah you got what i meant. also, what about adding pictures of the product being reviewed?

Last edited by ccantu04 : 01-23-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 AM #4
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
Pictures are in the works as we speak. It's not a quick process however.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM #5
ccantu04

awesome.