Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 AM #1
Abnmp78

Flame thrower

Saw a landmine that used a 12g and ball valve. Got the idea that it could be made into a flame thrower. Now before you say I'll cover u and your maker with too much paint. It will hold 10 oz of paint and I want 2-4 shots. So max of 4 oz of paint. Less than a grenade and getting drilled with a 10-15 rope of paint.
Inused a 1" pipe reduced down to 1/4 " but it resulted in a mist not a spray. Could I put a cover on it with a small hole? If I do that I can add a tee with a cap to refill it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Abnmp78 : 11-10-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM #2
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I'm your guy. First they are heavy to haul around all day. How much weight to you want to haul? You can buy them already made. Your basic garden sprayer. A recycled fire extinguisher is best. Seen Super Soakers and a 5 gal bucket used to defend HQ from up in the tower. They seemed to be having a blast.

You want to be able to reload and recharge it quickly.
Flame throwers are best used on GROUPS of player holed up in an open topped bunker or a tank if the rule allow. You wouldn't go after a single guy unless it was for mission points, general kill, etc.

Using water or other thin liquid maxes out at about 20-25 feet. The same distance you get out of a garden hose sprayer. Barely the distance between bunkers at most fields. The MORE pressure you put behind it, the more it atomizes. Max for water is about 100 psi range.

So you need a thicker simulated 'napalm' to get a decent range. How does 20 yards sound to you? 50% water and 50% regular, heavy drywall mud. Stired and not shaken. (pun) That makes 10 gallons for $15 or so. The pigment is LIME and it is water soluble but slowly so when they whine tell them they should soak overnight before washing. Might want to take a copy of the MDS sheet to the field with you to show them it is not a safety hazard, biodegradeable, non toxic, etc.

You can put 200 psi on that mix in a fire extinguisher body and get 20 yards out of a 1/8" nozzle. You can get them for free or cheap at your local fire extinguisher supplier. The non rechargable, disposible, 2-3 pound ABC Kiddie fire extinguisher., They go flat or have been used and they just sell them for scrap aluminum.

PM or E mail. ddupont@charter.net

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 11-10-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM #3
Abnmp78

Update. Used a old 20oz CO2 tank as an air chamber. Just unscrewed the tip and removed the pin. Used a schrader valve so I can pump it up with a bike pump. Lowered the pressure to 50-60 psi and got a nice stream. Goes about 20'. Still some atomization, but will work with a longer tip. Need thicker paint like Boom Master said for greater distance. It's a one shot weapon. Shoots about 6=8 oz of paint so same as a grenade. Used it and everyone was so scared of it. Got guys to move or not advance on me because of it.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:21 AM #4
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

were working on one based on a 2 1/2 gallon Water Fire extinguisher,
revamping hose and on / off valve setup, and a back harness. Pics will be posted when it's complete.
Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:09 PM #5
PsychoBaller
p8ntd daWrld & thensum

has been a member for 10 years
PsychoBaller owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
"Paint Thrower"...
PsychoBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:03 PM #6
Abnmp78

The biggest complaint I hear about a paint thrower is getting "soaked" with paint. As long as it's used as an area weapon or against a target you couldn't engage with a PB marker there shouldn't be any complaints, But the intimidation factor is way up there. Actually much like the real thing.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:58 PM #7
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I made one of those 2 1/2 gal flame throwers. That is about 30 pounds total to haul around. It stopped being fun in about an hour. It now resides in a motorized tank...

Who wants to carry enough water to 'soak' anybody?

I haven't seen a player SOAKED with anything but SWEAT for 20 years..

Now I take that back. I have been covered head to toe with paintball paint in my walking tank on several occasions.. No point is whining. I was a tank. I deserve anything the other side can dish out...

There is ALWAYS whining about flamethrowers and other special weaponry for that matter. As long as it washes out as well as mud and paintball gooh. They have no REAL complaint.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 12-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 PM #8
Wrathus

This thread was amazingly helpful. Thanks for being so thorough.
Wrathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM #9
YeloSno
Breadloser

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
this isn't what you're looking for, but when i wanted one, I attached a razor blade to the end of this junk 14" i found laying around and put the gun on full auto uncapped... worked pretty good, but it was more of a lengthy orgasm than a flamethrower. still got the job done

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

BKAYBKEJHFJK FIRE SALE!
LNIB PE HDEs - CHEAP - Need em gone!
It's a ****ing graphite IZE Flex for sale! WOW.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Insane_Vendetta: "We used to be schizophrentic, but now we agree.""
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote