Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 AM #64
JESUS_V2
VCU
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 703
JESUS_V2 helped look for balloons
JESUS_V2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JESUS_V2 supports Team VICIOUS
JESUS_V2 supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutR.

amidoinitrite?
Shut sucks
__________________
****


JESUS_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 PM #65
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED
 
BELOWZERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: *317*
Annual Supporting Member
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO plays in the APPA D4 division
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
no, its because all the xbox fags finally realized that their ****ty system was inferior so they switched to ps3 but had a bunch of xbox controllers already and didn't want to buy more ps3 controllers. The layout of an xbox controller is stupid as **** and not nearly as effective, not to mention the sticks are ****tier and the buttons suck and break very easily. The battery pack **** is gay as hell and poorly thought out(much like the system itself), and only queer fratbro's think its superior to the PS3 in any way.
pbnation needs a like button
__________________
MIDWEST Royalty Sponsored by Cliff Edge Paintball

MUST STOP GUN BEING A GUN WHORE
FOR ALL YOUR BOBLONG NEEDS PM TIM2THOUSAND4
Field of Dreams
900-999-999
BELOWZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 AM #66
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?
 
AoSpades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Japan...ish
Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill
ps3 controller is for people with tiny hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superzeus
This. The damn thing gives me cramps.
absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindew11871
PS3 controllers are awful.
I wouldn't go that far, but I owned a Playstation and PS2, I got both the day after they were released. Soon after the PS3 came out I bought it and IMHO I wasn't very impressed. Sure the blu-ray is nice, but online play sucked. Sure it's free, but at least when I play XBL I don't get disconnected from every other game, nor does my online game freeze up midway through because of lag related issues. The only reason anyone ever complains about having to pay for XBL on top of thief Internet/cable provider is simply doing it because they CLEARLY cant manage their money right. It's $60 A YEAR($5.00 a month) honestly, quit yer *****in'!

Once I switched to a 360 everything was so much nicer. The controller fit my hand much better Ne I didn't have the cramping issue when I wanted to play longer than 30 minutes. Now if and when the new series in the xbox line comes out, I hope it has blu-ray. That is the only part I don't like about the 360 is that it has no blu-ray player. But luckily that is resolved with my laptop, it plays blu-ray so I just hook it up to my TV, problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat
no, its because all the xbox fags finally realized that their ****ty system was inferior so they switched to ps3 but had a bunch of xbox controllers already and didn't want to buy more ps3 controllers. The layout of an xbox controller is stupid as **** and not nearly as effective, not to mention the sticks are ****tier and the buttons suck and break very easily. The battery pack **** is gay as hell and poorly thought out(much like the system itself), and only queer fratbro's think its superior to the PS3 in any way.
Who gave the tard with Turrets a keyboard?





And for the love of god don't get me started on computer games. It's stupid as hell that you have to constantly buy new graphics cards to keep up with the gaming community. It's honestly just like PE putting out a new gun each year. Computers are the biggest money dump and it's not like it matters either as more often than not, the game you go to play is full of hackers. So congratulations, you now have a $1000+ PC for Internet browsing and porn usage. Sure 360 has it's share with the Jtag crap, but those are scarce and in between and rarely affect gameplay.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 AM #67
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?
 
AoSpades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Japan...ish
Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat
You know why you never see battery packs like that in high end electronics? Because they are cheap, tacky, and outdated.
Yes, because laptops aren't high end electronics, because a Luxe is not a high end marker, because Chevy didn't just release a fully rechargeable battery pack car that can get up to 100mph, because iPhones, Droids, and Blackberries aren't high end electronics.


You sir are a ****ing idiot... And I mean that in EVERY sense of the word.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:02 AM #68
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
And for the love of god don't get me started on computer games. It's stupid as hell that you have to constantly buy new graphics cards to keep up with the gaming community. It's honestly just like PE putting out a new gun each year. Computers are the biggest money dump and it's not like it matters either as more often than not, the game you go to play is full of hackers. So congratulations, you now have a $1000+ PC for Internet browsing and porn usage. Sure 360 has it's share with the Jtag crap, but those are scarce and in between and rarely affect gameplay.
For around the same price as an xbox or PS3 you could build a more powerful, functional machine and then in a few years time you can just upgrade one component for less than the price of a new console. Seriously, ****ing xbox is so outdated its pethetic.

At least the PS3 has a badass processor
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 AM #69
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?
 
AoSpades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Japan...ish
Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill

For around the same price as an xbox or PS3 you could build a more powerful, functional machine and then in a few years time you can just upgrade one component for less than the price of a new console. Seriously, ****ing xbox is so outdated
Is that right? Because I took two weeks of leave over the holidays. In which time I was at my buddies house for a few days with his family. He is an avid computer gamer, I used to be. I tried to play some of the games he had on his computer IE: BF2 BC and BC Vietnam, Black Ops, etc. They were garbage. I didn't care for the graphics, the glitchyness and far from solid frame-rate was extremely annoying and you can just forget about using precision weapons with a mouse anyways. He has a 32" 1080p screen alongside a tower that could most likely double as a backup generator for a super wal-mart.

And you are telling me for $300(that's how much these new Kinect 360s are selling for) you could make me a PC platform that can have the same graphic level as a 360? Yeah fat chance.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:17 AM #70
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
And you are telling me for $300(that's how much these new Kinect 360s are selling for) you could make me a PC platform that can have the same graphic level as a 360? Yeah fat chance.
Easily

Although it might be tough to find a single core processor, a 6 year old pos gfx card, and ram that comes in anything less than 2gb
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 AM #71
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?
 
AoSpades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Japan...ish
Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill

Easily

Although it might be tough to find a single core processor, a 6 year old pos gfx card, and ram that comes in anything less than 2gb
I find it funny that you say this when infact all the games for the 360 look EXACTLY the same on a computer that costs 3x as much.

All you did was give me similar specs on the internals. It's nice that you have the ability to make a computer that can do the exact same thing at the same price, but honestly who in their right mind would go through all the trouble to contact somebody like yourself and get it built when they can just go to their local store and pick up a 360 for the same price and get more a more fluid gaming experience than a PC could ever do.

Btw, have you ever tried to relax while gaming on a PC? You can't, the keyboard can't sit in your lap so you have to lean forward slightly to play a game. Yet another pro on console gamers, ****ing relaxation while gaming!
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:54 AM #72
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
Although it might be tough to find a single core processor, a 6 year old pos gfx card, and ram that comes in anything less than 2gb
XB360 uses a tri-core CPU. Each running at 3.2ghz just as an FYI. Although, on the flip side, it's a PowerPC based chip by IBM.

The thing is... doesn't matter if you can build a PC for "less". You can't get game designers to design their game for JUST your configuration and tweak every little bit out of that single design. Therefore you will receive a lower performance for your dollar overall.

That's why Consoles like the XB360 hold up even when their specifications aren't as impressive as time moves. When you're designing for a SINGLE hardware/OS combination and nothing else you can take advantage of every little bit of that system. You only have to worry about that SINGLE hardware/software configuration. This allows vastly improved, and streamlined, coding when you can rule out any other possible piece.

The key is how easy/hard it is for the programmers to design for that. The XB360 has been applauded by Developers over and over for the ease at which they can design/tweak/etc every bit out of it.

The PS3, while superior processing and some design pieces, has the reverse and developers who code for both platforms have found it much harder to design. This is why it receives a large number, not ALL mind you, of ports of XB360 versions which have little odd issues (frame rate stutter being the most common).

The few studio's who truly do use the PS3 to it's height (games like Uncharted, God of War 3, etc) can really put out some impressive stuff but they're few and far between and the PS3 doesn't get to shine as much as it could. Also a lot of people, and the net is full of this type of comment, are a little spoiled by how solid the LIVE experience is and while PSN is free it's harder for them to adjust (people tend to like what's familiar to them).

Overall both are very solid systems. I own both a PS3 Slim and XB360 Slim and while the PS3 has some great games (psyched for Uncharted 3, Infamous 2 and a few others) I find myself more and more on my XB360.

Also to keep this on track. I agree. I enjoy the XB360 controller quite a bit more, but that's my PERSONAL preference. With the exception of the enormous XBOX Gen1 (non-S) controller I have always preferred it. Feel's more comfortable to me, personally. So a solid PS3 version would be nice, but I use my PS3 so rarely (unless a huge title like I mentioned grabs me) that I wont dump any cash on it right now.

Last edited by digitard : 01-10-2011 at 05:56 AM.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM #73
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
Yes, because laptops aren't high end electronics, because a Luxe is not a high end marker, because Chevy didn't just release a fully rechargeable battery pack car that can get up to 100mph, because iPhones, Droids, and Blackberries aren't high end electronics.


You sir are a ****ing idiot... And I mean that in EVERY sense of the word.
Iphones don't have a removable battery and all the things you mentioned that I know anything about(no clue about the luxe), all have rechargeable batteries located inside the device LIKE THE PS3 CONTROLLLER. On top of the fact you are clearly an idiot, you also didn't bother to read all the posts in this thread, pay close attention to this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
man, trollin ya'll was fun and everything but it was hard work. I prefer the ps3 controller basically just because I like the joysticks a little better, but after spending like 30 min using either I get used to it and don't even notice.
You're just the kind of dumb fratbro I mentioned in my earlier posts.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:02 PM #74
seriouslysilly
 
 
seriouslysilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East coast
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Here's a modded one



seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump