Oasis Paintball Park monthly 3 man X ball Lite and Race to 2 event.
This is tied to a benefit for Daniel Webber, he is fighting cancer.
Event Signup is live:
Saturday July 31st.
Tournament Format :
1. D6 = 3 vs 3 : Race to 2 . ( 3 minute games )
2. D4 - D5 = 3 vs 3 : Race to 4 ( 10 - minute match )
Game Format :
Modified PSP/ Universal Race to Format.
1. Teams will consist of up to 5 players with only 3 players per team on field per point.
2. Center flag format , team scores a point when they hang the flag on opponents flag station cleanly.
3. D6 Race to 2 has a 3 minute time limit per game ( point ). The team that gets to 2 wins first wins match.
4. D4-D5 Race to 4 . Team who scores 4 points or most points in 10 minutes wins match.
5. Markers need to meet PSP Standards for 2010. Rate of fire 12.5 bps, Velocity of 300 fps or under.
6. All players will need an APPA number.
Those without one need to create one at : http://www.paintball-players.org/cgi-bin/newplayer.cgi
7. Awards = D6 will be Gold , Silver, Bronze medals. D4 - D5 will be Gold, Silver, Bronze medals.
Each team winning medals will recieve 3 per team.
I. D6 = A beginner player.
This division was created to get brand new players into the tournament scene.
A. Teams will be playing 3 v 3 .
I. First team to hang the center flag on opponents flag station wins a point.
1. First team to win 2 points wins the match.
2. If neither team wins 2 points in 3 games a 1 v 1 will be used to determine winner.
B. Teams will play a minimum of 6 games.
1. Teams will be broken up into divisions. Teams will play teams in their division with top 2 teams from each division go into playoffs.
Playoffs will be determined by total number of teams in attendance. Eleven teams or less will allow 4 teams to go into playoffs, 12-20 teams will allow 8 teams to go into playoffs.
II. D4 - D5 = PSP/APPA Race to 2 rank .
This is an introduction to the PSP/ Universal Race to Format. This is a great team building series getting teams ready to compete in a PSP sanctioned event.
Teams that find it difficult to field a team in a traditional 5 player Race to format ( CFPS, SPCS, CFOA ) will enjoy this series.
A. Teams will be playing 3 v 3 on a PSP/Universal Race To size field .
I. First team to win 4 points wins the match or team with most points in 10 minutes wins match.
1. Matches are 10 minutes in length with 2 minute breaks after each point.
2. Points are scored by hanging center flag on opponents flag station cleanly.
3. Rules are modified PSP Race to rules.
1. Modified PSP requirements.
A. Equipment will be available for review by staff at anytime.
1. All tanks need to be current in their hydro date.
2. Only 2 layers of clothing as per PSP. Long sleeves and long pants required. Jersey needs to be tucked in.
3. No protected PSP colors allowed as per PSP standards.
4. Staff has final say on any situations concerning players clothing and or equipment.
5. No metal cleats permitted.
1. Minor penalty = unobvious hit
2. Major penalty = obvious hit
3. Minor penalty on player hanging flag will void the hang.
4. Major penalty on player hanging flag will void hang and have team play next point down a player. Major on a player who does not have the flag will be removal of obvious hit player and one other player.
We just secured a host hotel for the series.
The Courtyard Marriott will be releasing rates of $79 per night for first event.
This is season for this area and they demand a higher rate usually so we are very pleased they are stepping up to make it affordable. Usual rates run $109.