Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-01-2011, 07:24 PM #1
Righte
Yea, I rush

Righte supports Sherwood Forest
Righte is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Pawn begone

I understand people would like to make money, but personally, I'm quite tired of seeing

OP: "X gun - will sell for 1000 OBO or trade"

Random reply: "hi I run a pawn shop. I'll give you $200"

Honestly Im actually really fed up with it.

I think you all should infract these users and ban the threads they start. If someone wanted to sell their gun for 5x the lower price would go for, they would start a thread saying just that.
Righte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2011, 07:29 PM #2
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Unfortunately, we can not regulate what people offer or are willing to pay for something. This is completely up to the users, and while it may be annoying to see low offers, there really isn't anything that can be done.

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
pballin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:22 PM #3
XSVFAN890 V2.0
I'll meet you overboard.

XSVFAN890 V2.0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XSVFAN890 V2.0 supports our troops
It really is just spam at that point. I don't mind seeing the WTB absolutely FLOODED by "pawn shops," but when people get low balled so bad, just to advertise their "pawn shop," it's just annoying.
XSVFAN890 V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM #4
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVFAN890 V2.0 View Post
It really is just spam at that point. I don't mind seeing the WTB absolutely FLOODED by "pawn shops," but when people get low balled so bad, just to advertise their "pawn shop," it's just annoying.
If you feel that someone is simply spamming your (or anyone's) thread please use the report post function.
USAFWD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:13 PM #5
Moonboot
SPEAKMAN

Moonboot plays in the PSP
Moonboot supports Bob Gurnsey
Moonboot plays in the APPA D3 division
Moonboot is Legendary
Moonboot supports Empire
Why not make a serperate bst section for pawn shops?
XFT #31
OSUPB ALUMNI #31
Old Feedback 14+/0-
PAINTBALL XCAPE
Moonboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:38 PM #6
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
Pawn shops are generally just normal members like you and I who want to purchase items cheaply and turn them for profit. They are only allowed to create their pawn threads in the WTB section. However, like any normal user, they are allowed to sell their items in the various BST forums in accordance with the rules. I don't see how or why there would be a need to separate them, or even identify which item was a "pawn shop" item or a personal item of theirs.
USAFWD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:45 PM #7
Moonboot
SPEAKMAN

Moonboot is Legendary
Moonboot supports Empire
The need to separate them is just to organize the sub forums. Going into the wtb thread to find people who might be interested in buying what you have for sale becomes slightly annoying when a majority of the sub forum is cluttered by pawn shops. What would it hurt to allow the pawn shops to have their own separate sub forum? The only thing I can see a separate sub forum doing is further organizing pbnation which, in my mind, is never a bad thing.
XFT #31
OSUPB ALUMNI #31
Old Feedback 14+/0-
PAINTBALL XCAPE
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 PM #8
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
Don't like the pawn shops, stay out of them. Simple as that. Why does it concern you whether people are making a profit? Don't want to sell your stuff to them, don't. Pawn shops are legit, and unlike most users, they have cash to back up their offers. As a 2010 user, you may not be accustomed to the way the forum is run completely, but it's what it is...I honestly don't see what it bothers you.

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:20 AM #9
Righte
Yea, I rush

Righte supports Sherwood Forest
Righte is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I completely stay out of their "pawn shop" threads. They are NOT pawn shops, they are "low ball excuse shops"

The problem is, I am going through threads and see

"Hello, I run a pawn shop. I will buy this for $200"

For example: I am attempting to sell a 2k10 PMR LNIB. I have gotten 5 PM's (Which, by the way, were all instantly deleted by me, if I thought about it I probably would have taken a screenshot) offering $50 and $100 for my PMR because "they run a pawnshop" -- Is that a excuse to waste my time for your low ball offers? It's not an excuse. If I wanted a pawn shop I would go to one, pawn shops don't go to you, you go to them.

It's not a shop, it's a poor excuse for low ball offers. It shouldn't be allowed to go in posts or PM users notifying them you have a pawn shop and want to low ball them.

Signatures? OK as long as they don't go "look at my sig"
Having their thread? OK as long as the PMing about it and messages with low ball offers stops. (spam)

They need to be confined to a space (sub-forum of BST) where a user interested in selling their marker extremely fast, and cheap, can go and find a thread easy, when they want to. Again, as I said, you go to pawn shops, they don't come to you.
Righte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 PM #10
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

Annual Supporting Member
L8r_H8r supports our troops
L8r_H8r supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Righte View Post
I completely stay out of their "pawn shop" threads. They are NOT pawn shops, they are "low ball excuse shops"

The problem is, I am going through threads and see

"Hello, I run a pawn shop. I will buy this for $200"

For example: I am attempting to sell a 2k10 PMR LNIB. I have gotten 5 PM's (Which, by the way, were all instantly deleted by me, if I thought about it I probably would have taken a screenshot) offering $50 and $100 for my PMR because "they run a pawnshop" -- Is that a excuse to waste my time for your low ball offers? It's not an excuse. If I wanted a pawn shop I would go to one, pawn shops don't go to you, you go to them.

It's not a shop, it's a poor excuse for low ball offers. It shouldn't be allowed to go in posts or PM users notifying them you have a pawn shop and want to low ball them.

Signatures? OK as long as they don't go "look at my sig"
Having their thread? OK as long as the PMing about it and messages with low ball offers stops. (spam)

They need to be confined to a space (sub-forum of BST) where a user interested in selling their marker extremely fast, and cheap, can go and find a thread easy, when they want to. Again, as I said, you go to pawn shops, they don't come to you.
Exactly.

The phrase "pawn shop" is abused by users on here, MOST of which are not even of age to walk into a real pawn in their home town. I know (not personally, just through business) several users on here that run these alleged "pawn shops", and they are regular 14-17 yr old kids that are not business savvy. These threads are only a shot in the dark, most of them are totally rediculous and irrational.

They post in my threads, I report them. Everyone might as well grow accustomed to skimming the WTB for exactly what they want to see, simple as that. No need to make these people feel special by giving them their own subforum.

Shocker Owners
L8r_H8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:44 PM #11
Moonboot
SPEAKMAN

Moonboot is Legendary
Moonboot supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8r_H8r View Post
Exactly.

The phrase "pawn shop" is abused by users on here, MOST of which are not even of age to walk into a real pawn in their home town. I know (not personally, just through business) several users on here that run these alleged "pawn shops", and they are regular 14-17 yr old kids that are not business savvy. These threads are only a shot in the dark, most of them are totally rediculous and irrational.

They post in my threads, I report them. Everyone might as well grow accustomed to skimming the WTB for exactly what they want to see, simple as that. No need to make these people feel special by giving them their own subforum.
I see it the other way around. The different sub forum wouldn't be to make them feel special, it would be used to get rid of them. Think about it, Make a new sub forum for pawn shops, all the "pawn" threads go there and are rarely posted in because people never want to sell their stuff for 1/5 its value. Therefore, the pawn threads are rarely looked at and hopefully eventually die out. There is, however, a way around this that would just be even more annoying. I can see kids listing wtb's without the pawn title that still offer those cheap *** prices. That would just waste my time even more because I would probably click on the thread hoping for decent prices and find out it's just another untitled pawn thread.
XFT #31
OSUPB ALUMNI #31
Old Feedback 14+/0-
PAINTBALL XCAPE
Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 PM #12
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonboot View Post
I see it the other way around. The different sub forum wouldn't be to make them feel special, it would be used to get rid of them. Think about it, Make a new sub forum for pawn shops, all the "pawn" threads go there and are rarely posted in because people never want to sell their stuff for 1/5 its value. Therefore, the pawn threads are rarely looked at and hopefully eventually die out. There is, however, a way around this that would just be even more annoying. I can see kids listing wtb's without the pawn title that still offer those cheap <del>***</del> prices. That would just waste my time even more because I would probably click on the thread hoping for decent prices and find out it's just another untitled pawn thread.
That is all that a "pawn shop" is; it is low prices offered for markers. The title pawn shop just lets people know that they are offering low prices.

People could still offer very low prices without having the "pawn shop" in their title, and there is nothing that we can do about it. We can not regulate what people are willing to offer for something.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM #13
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballin16 View Post
That is all that a "pawn shop" is; it is low prices offered for markers. The title pawn shop just lets people know that they are offering low prices.

People could still offer very low prices without having the "pawn shop" in their title, and there is nothing that we can do about it. We can not regulate what people are willing to offer for something.
Indeed. People fail to even mention the word "pawn" in their threads, and it's been getting more prominent lately. I find myself posting in threads that literally say "I'm looking for some new gear", and I'll get a pm from that poster saying "Hi, you posted in my thread. I'm offering pawn prices for your gear." As I've mentioned previously, this is something we'll all have to live with...kinda like the ST Section.

Shocker Owners
Old 01-04-2011, 06:14 PM #14
pballin16
FelizNavidon't

Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
Yeah, it really is that simple. People will always try to pay as little for something as possible. You will have to weed through the low offers until you find something that you are willing to let your gear go for.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 PM #15
dude1it
Christopher R.

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it supports Team VICIOUS
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer
dude1it is Legendary
dude1it is Boss
dude1it is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly, lowballing is not a felony...don't like it, do what you do and ignore it - it's the best way to deal with it. But getting rid of them is not feasable (they become threads without the word PAWN in them, and have the same prices - you want to go through every WTB? I doubt every mod does...) and won't solve anything.

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:45 PM #16
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
JD9940 plays in the APPA D4 division
JD9940 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonboot View Post
I see it the other way around. The different sub forum wouldn't be to make them feel special, it would be used to get rid of them. Think about it, Make a new sub forum for pawn shops, all the "pawn" threads go there and are rarely posted in because people never want to sell their stuff for 1/5 its value. Therefore, the pawn threads are rarely looked at and hopefully eventually die out. There is, however, a way around this that would just be even more annoying. I can see kids listing wtb's without the pawn title that still offer those cheap *** prices. That would just waste my time even more because I would probably click on the thread hoping for decent prices and find out it's just another untitled pawn thread.
QFT
The WTB is a joke with all the "Pawn Shops", and most of them are kids trying to buy ONE GUN for 50% of it's actual value.
By creating a Sub-Forum it would move all the Pawn Shops out of the WTB section make it actually possible to sell gear at a reasonable price.
Additionally *******s like the AutoTrader who lowball the **** out of people and spam their threads SHOULD be infracted for spam.

Action Star Games
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM #17
ferg man 5000
Amature Gynecologist

This is how I feel when I deal with a pawn thread.http://video.adultswim.com/aqua-teen...motivated.html

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4059881
ferg man 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:33 AM #18
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
CRYBABYS its the american way...pawnshops are a service. Thank you pbnation for a place to come and buy and sell gear that I buy in my pawnshop yes I own a paintball pawnshop but on a large scale. I buy everything paintball and im very very fair to those people that use my serves. Im lunching a thread on pbnation very soon And it will be very legit. But thank you pbnation and all the true ballas that use or have used my servers. Soon to be a supporting member...

SUPAFLY headbands voted the best by everyone who owens one...PM me for info

SUPAFLY headbands...get one for your dome piece..pm me
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:22 PM #19
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Image rkelly View Post
CRYBABYS its the american way...pawnshops are a service. Thank you pbnation for a place to come and buy and sell gear that I buy in my pawnshop yes I own a paintball pawnshop but on a large scale. I buy everything paintball and im very very fair to those people that use my serves. Im lunching a thread on pbnation very soon And it will be very legit. But thank you pbnation and all the true ballas that use or have used my servers. Soon to be a supporting member...
WOAH you're launching a thread, 2k10er?? Don't forget to send out all the flyers for the grand opening of yet ANOTHER pawn thread.

Shocker Owners
Old 01-10-2011, 02:40 PM #20
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

If you don't like an offer, don't take it. It's that simple.

You're making yourself offended just to be offended. Quit being irrational.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:46 PM #21
L8r_H8r
Timers are ready

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
If you don't like an offer, don't take it. It's that simple.

You're making yourself offended just to be offended. Quit being irrational.
I hope you didn't direct that to me, because if you actually read the thread, we already established that they are prominent and will be for the rest of existence, and that I already have accepted them there, thus I ignore them.

Your comment was redundant.

/ thread

Shocker Owners