Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 PM #1
chevota

New League (cppl)

Wondering if next year div2 will be 5 or 7man?also is it goin to be a race to or just normal paintball?And which style is Div1 going to play?looking forward to the new yr going to be another great yr of shoot each other.hopefully we get lots of new teams out.
chevota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM #2
SouthPark22

Yeah man... It's like waiting for Xmas but much worse... I sent an email to Mike C a month or so ago asking about his his plans and the shape of things to come. Have not heard back yet so I would guess that they are still working on things. I expect he will be posting some details on his web site soon... Nationals are just around the bend.. info and details!

D.

(If BC conference adopts 7 man again (which many want to see), and MR Series Conference stays 5 man for D2... how will Nats, TC and BRAWL run? 5 man or 7man?... etc... etc... ).
SouthPark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:42 PM #3
backcountry_bob

backcountry_bob donated to help Peyton Trent
backcountry_bob posts videos on PbNation
so exciting!!! i want div 2 7man again. if they dont, ****s gonna hit da fannnnnn. well not really but i would love to have div 2 7man again. or X5...

backcountry_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 PM #4
-Graham

I think they should try their hand at a pump division. They could even roll with a 4man format like WCPPL. Or they could get like 14 guys comitted for the season, split them into two 7 man teams, and run like a X7 series over the course of the season. Sort of like a cxbl set-up.
-Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 PM #5
TRiiPiiN
VanCity Synergy

TRiiPiiN plays in the USPL
TRiiPiiN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TRiiPiiN posts videos on PbNation
TRiiPiiN supports DLX Technology
Bring Div2 7 man back, and it would be really nice to have the x5 format because a lot of us love playing xball format but CXBL funds dont work with mine/others
TRiiPiiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 PM #6
-Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiiPiiN View Post
Bring Div2 7 man back, and it would be really nice to have the x5 format because a lot of us love playing xball format but CXBL funds dont work with mine/others
Yeah, I think the straight 5/7man format is dying. Definatly need to transition towards it.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 PM #7
R_ion
tang na mo

R_ion posts videos on PbNation
5/7 man isnt dying... its the main format here in BC..CXBL never really fly here..
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 PM #8
Sunthief

I prefer they keep it the way they have it. 7 man is too hard to find enough players that are consistent.
Sunthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:24 AM #9
chevota

I hear ya dave get alittle antsy over here i'm like a fat kid lookin for a smartee lol.Nats is always 5man always has been.
Sunthief thats cause u live in nelson.lol just jokin 7man is so much fun tho.
But it would be nice to know these details soon so we can put teams together sooner than later.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:49 PM #10
sdearin
Sick Witted #29

sdearin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunthief View Post
I prefer they keep it the way they have it. 7 man is too hard to find enough players that are consistent.
I agree, 7man teams make it that much more difficult to consistently field teams. For example: There were only four div 2 at brawl in 2009 when it was 7man. One year later it was 5man and they had 9 teams. That was one of the major reasons the BCPPL switched to 5man in div 2 this year.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:14 AM #11
chevota

I agree with what u have said but u also have to look at it this way,we had 2 or 3 teams step up that played d3 last yr and DBS jumped up to d2 for brawl and the fith one WCA went to D1 so theres ur 4 of ur 5 extra teams.
Like DBS said more teams from d3 should step up.they commented that the top 3 or 4 teams in div3 could compete at the d2 level no problem.

Last edited by chevota : 12-07-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:52 PM #12
SouthPark22

I don't anticipate any issues fielding two more players for WParty to make a 7 man team as we bump up to D2... WP played NPPL D3 7man and had a blast... looking forward to playing MORE 7 man. I think that a number of the D2 teams are chomping at the bit hoping to go to 7man... Anyway if it is viable to run w 7man in D2 I sure hope they do!
SouthPark22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM #13
R_ion
tang na mo

we should make it real paintball and no more sand baggers... if u play a tourney you shouldnt be aprentice or div4. if i place top 3 on div 3 you should play div 2. wasnt it spose to be like that when they first put div 4 awhile ago? im just hopping teams would quit sand bagging and step up to the div2 or div1 scene.. it really isnt that bad.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM #14
chevota

Maybe we should go back to the way it was when i started playing a billion years ago lol there were two div's open and rookie no sandbaggin there.and if i remember u could only play one yr at rookie.

Also food for thought if the CPPL is goin to be a feeder league to NPPL then the div's should be the same and i'm pretty sure they don't have div2 5man.

Last edited by chevota : 12-09-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 PM #15
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
^^

Depends on how healthy the paintball scene is. They didn't go to div 2 5-man because they wanted to, they did it because they had to in order to have enough teams.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:47 PM #16
_slash_1
yup, im "that" one....

has been a member for 10 years
_slash_1 plays in the USPL
_slash_1 plays in the PSP
_slash_1 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopresearch View Post
^^

Depends on how healthy the paintball scene is. They didn't go to div 2 5-man because they wanted to, they did it because they had to in order to have enough teams.
exactly
_slash_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 PM #17
backcountry_bob

backcountry_bob donated to help Peyton Trent
backcountry_bob posts videos on PbNation
someones rich parents should just pay BC place to let us have tournaments in there like every 2 weeks with free paint. trust me guys. if i win the lottery, im holding a free event for everybody. 15 skids of paint... rent out BC place for like 5 days... id say we play xball. anybody got some spare cash floating around?

backcountry_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:49 PM #18
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Ive always pondered the ability to approach a local school district about use of an artificial turf field as the weather is not a huge problem but a degredation of the surface under said weather .But insurance would probably be astronomical.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM #19
-Graham

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
Ive always pondered the ability to approach a local school district about use of an artificial turf field as the weather is not a huge problem but a degredation of the surface under said weather .But insurance would probably be astronomical.
The only schools I've seen with turf fields are private schools. And, if I'm not mistaken, that's designated private property. So it's not the worst situation as far as insurance goes. But it would take a **** ton of convincing and money to get them to let us use their field for the weekend since it would mean getting all the regular activities happening on that field diverted.

I had a soccer game at this private school in South Surrey once and they had like 2 artificial turf fields (I think), so they're out there. It's just unlikely.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:23 PM #20
R_ion
tang na mo

yea i think div2 died because its hard to find 7 people to play on a team consistantly. and with IPL being 5 man.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 PM #21
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Graham View Post
The only schools I've seen with turf fields are private schools. And, if I'm not mistaken, that's designated private property. So it's not the worst situation as far as insurance goes. But it would take a **** ton of convincing and money to get them to let us use their field for the weekend since it would mean getting all the regular activities happening on that field diverted.

I had a soccer game at this private school in South Surrey once and they had like 2 artificial turf fields (I think), so they're out there. It's just unlikely.
Both Local Highschools in langley have turf fields with Mountain having 4 that are side by side in a 2x2 Row (NPPL Much).Ive dug a little and it wouldnt be far fetched to make it a venue .