Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 AM #1
evenpar

field owners hosting a MSXL for 2011

this is KP@YJP, i was wanting to know if any of the 4 fields are going to change the length of the field we will be playing on to the 170ft. that PSP is going to. the main reason is so that i know what to do with my field. i will change my filed if others are doing the same. i just dont want to change mine and then go play on fields that have not. we will most likely play 1 or 2 PSP events but thats not enough to make me change YJP. we just want to practice on the size of field that we will be playing on. i think Darin said it was going to be up to each field owner. any feedback would be great!
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2010, 01:11 AM #2
grantiscool
Ars longa, vita brevis

grantiscool plays in the PSP
grantiscool plays in the APPA D3 division
I know for sure PG and Asylum are changing, and i dont' think it takes a great leap of faith to say that the majority of fields are going to follow the PSP's lead. Its only ten feet after all.
grantiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:25 AM #3
epidemic23

epidemic23 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantiscool View Post
I know for sure PG and Asylum are changing, and i dont' think it takes a great leap of faith to say that the majority of fields are going to follow the PSP's lead. Its only ten feet after all.
Isn't it 20feet total? And that's a lot if you have to move nets/poles, but hopefully most fields can take it out of out-of-bounds space.

old_fb
epidemic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:36 AM #4
evenpar

thanks for the info. looks like i have some work to get done! good luck this comeing season
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:50 PM #5
ihateyourface

ihateyourface plays in the PSP
ihateyourface posts videos on PbNation
ihateyourface plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic23 View Post
Isn't it 20feet total? And that's a lot if you have to move nets/poles, but hopefully most fields can take it out of out-of-bounds space.
then that screws up the insurance policy. There is a reason that the netting is so far away from the tape line.
ihateyourface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 AM #6
asylum1

has been a member for 10 years
asylum1 is an Ultimate field/store owner
Field change?

Have not decided yet. With us it is a rather large undertaking turf drainage under turf. Just have not decided Would players travel to play @ asylum to practice more because the fields are 100%? We do have the upgrade kit on the way, but we are not going to have the layout now so how important is it to the players that the field is the correct size just want to get your feedback before i spend a couple thousand and over a weeks work with 3 or 4 guys. Give us feedback on this
asylum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM #7
mhookit

mhookit is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
mhookit donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum1 View Post
Have not decided yet. With us it is a rather large undertaking turf drainage under turf. Just have not decided Would players travel to play @ asylum to practice more because the fields are 100%? We do have the upgrade kit on the way, but we are not going to have the layout now so how important is it to the players that the field is the correct size just want to get your feedback before i spend a couple thousand and over a weeks work with 3 or 4 guys. Give us feedback on this
i say no to changing it kenny, with them not having the layouts out there is no reason to spend that kind of money , with adding the indoor you have just about made asylum perfect(nothing is perfect) dont change anything you have the best place by far in my eyes, why else would me and my guys drive 4 hours to just come practice, cause you have a badass place....
mhookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 PM #8
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I mean, it'd be nice to get used to making those off-the-break shots with the extra 20ft added in, but at the same time, especially with the way your fields are made (outdoor, of course, you can't change the indoor ), it would be ridiculous to try and justify all the moving around and extra work. If someone can't look down a field and say, "****, that's farther away, better shoot up some more..." then they really shouldn't be playing paintball. Keep it the way it is and save the money, for sure.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 PM #9
epidemic23

epidemic23 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
From a business point-of-view, hell no to spending that kind of money. I mean who knows, they could switch back to normal size next year. Maybe wait a season and see if it sticks, and if you feel it's important at that point try it.
From a player's point of view, it'd be nice, but i mean im not going to pick what field to go to by that. Asylum is nice as it is

old_fb
epidemic23 is offline   Reply With Quote