Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM #22
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
At least we are having civilized talk, which is always a good thing. If we stay away from ad hominem attacks we might have something..

Dropping the APPA seems to be an agreed upon 'bad' move, so obviously there is something the owners/insiders know that they don't want to tell us (the public) about.

The grandstands are there simply 'because they've always been there.' But their existence doesn't hint at what the league wants to achieve. They are not charging for the seats so it's not revenue generation (actually money losing as it costs $$ for the seats). Again, a little transparency would help.

Is the NPPL try to place itself as the 'premiere' league so when people think pro paintball they think NPPL? Probably, they are going for that because they were the de facto league, but now that's changed. Also, it's not a horrible thing to bring a rival league to compare how they do things, I don't think it's right to take it personally if anyone mentions or compares the 2 leagues. It's inevitable.
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 PM #23
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Maybe the PSP will self implode and the NPPL will have to do nothing except show up?!
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM #24
josh_paintball
Jesus F†W

josh_paintball plays in the PSP
josh_paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
josh_paintball posts videos on PbNation
I don't understand why people bash on leagues when all they are trying to do is help the sport of paintball grow. I think it's great to have 2 leagues that way the leagues have to constantly compete and there won't ever be a dominant league. Wouldn't it suck just to have one league and if you don't like something, then to bad, because you can't go play another league. I like the competition, and not a monopoly
Old 12-09-2010, 07:39 PM #25
PBSAM126
SAM

PBSAM126 supports Team VICIOUS
^^^^^AGree
ALL SUMMER LONG 4PM - 9PM

Like Midwest Outlaws Paintball Page on Facebook!
PBSAM126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 PM #26
squally25

Agree *2 I like 7 man format never played on a regulation sized feild but I an trying to figure out what format we want to do I love the exictment in nppl events but I like to have fan involvment. But there may be some more nppl players since the new psp rule changes. I just wish thee was a nppl feeder league and still have a psp feeder league so I can try them both out.
squally25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 AM #27
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nppl had the xpsl.. but Mr. Walker handled that,, PSP has Wcppl and that league is popping. Ive played Nppl for bout a while now.. since idk im old. and i enjoy it. PSP looks fun and cant wait to play Wcppl. but hmm..can u compare it now that PSP changed a few rules? looks like they almost are twins. except one ramps..
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 PM #28
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by squally25 View Post
Agree *2 I like 7 man format never played on a regulation sized feild but I an trying to figure out what format we want to do I love the exictment in nppl events but I like to have fan involvment. But there may be some more nppl players since the new psp rule changes. I just wish thee was a nppl feeder league and still have a psp feeder league so I can try them both out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADOLF View Post
Nppl had the xpsl.. but Mr. Walker handled that,, PSP has Wcppl and that league is popping. Ive played Nppl for bout a while now.. since idk im old. and i enjoy it. PSP looks fun and cant wait to play Wcppl. but hmm..can u compare it now that PSP changed a few rules? looks like they almost are twins. except one ramps..
NPPL does have a feeder league for 2011. RPL, ran buy Mr Walker him self. We will not be playing this feeder league and will not enter my 3 Factory teams.

Last edited by SHOOTNPOO : 12-12-2010 at 11:18 PM.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:32 PM #29
ADOLF
SDVandals.. hit it up

ADOLF plays in the USPL
ADOLF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ADOLF plays in the APPA D4 division
ADOLF has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
NPPL does have a feeder league for 2011. RPL, ran buy Mr Walker him self. We will not be playing this feeder league and will not enter my 3 Factory teams.
i wouldnt play it either.. u might end up paying for another of mr. walkers cars.. once i heard who was behind it, all interest went to the toilet.

But i also ask this, now that Shawn Walker owns or is gonna own part of XSV, will you still support him? Even tho troll and Rick are cool cats, i see this might not work out.
VANDALS paintball brought to u by
HK GIANT FURIOUS BODY ARMOR PAINTBALLGATEWAY
SCAN MY AVATAR FOR MORE INFO
VAPORVENDETTA
ADOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:44 AM #30
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
The league you support is what we call a Cheater league, when you can have someone sit their and tell you where to shoot how to shoot and when to move.
Cheating doesn't happen in the NPPL? Teams don't use cheater boards or bouncy guns to achieve higher rates of fire than the average person can honestly reach without some sort of assistance? I don't mean any offense, but I honestly believe the NPPL is allowing cheating by simply allowing everyone to use uncapped semi.

Also, there aren't any teams use hand signals or other means of communicating on the sidelines in the NPPL either? Sure it's not allowed, but you honestly think there aren't teams doing it? As much as I hate coaching, I have learned to accept it... the PSP at least recognizes that these are two things you can't really control with some arbitrary rules.

Don't get me wrong, I have always been against ramping and coaching even. But, honestly, from playing similar formats (admittedly no nationals) I personally believe that allowing capped ramping and coaching allows for the most even playing field possible. There is no easy/nor financially cheap way to control cheater or "electronically assisted" guns. Same goes for preventing spectators or teams having people pretending to be spectators signal/let other people know where players are at in the NPPL.

Then again, I haven't played in either league... so I wouldn't know if it's actually that big of an issue or not. Just simply stating my opinions.
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 PM #31
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
the nppl is around to supply the game in its truest form...7man. i play both xball and nppl and have experienced sucess in both, but hands down 7man is the best format, I only wish that the teams were still around like they were from the beginning til about 2007-08.

and also...... every company is in business to make a profit well unless its a non-profit organization and I don't think that the psp or the nppl are structured that way. The psp isn't making money infact they are loosing money and have been for a solid period of time. What it seems as from my point of view that the only thing keeping the psp afloat is that people prefer xball over 7man for some reason I have yet to determine, because thats about the only thing that is "better" vs the nppl. The NPPL has nicer venues, better prize money, overall lower cost of play. They way I see it is all of us for the most part are paying for something to play in these leagues even though some of us have financial support we are paying for something, I can't justify buying a product that is inferior to another. If you match up the events everyone that nppl has is better or equal in most cases better. HB is hands down cooler than phoenix even though phoenix is nice, chicago and chicago on the outside looking in is a wash but if you compare venues its a huge win for nppl, badlands is a giant trashcan at best, where i thought the park that nppl was at was nice, good grass etc..., dc and mao are a tie both are nice events, and vegas is 100000x better than polk city florida. lol polk city florida......one of the psp's biggest mistakes in my opinion was moving it from disney, well after 2010 maybe a tie with moving the chicago event from bolingbrook to the ****ty badlands.

Last edited by Dkepp™ : 12-20-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Dkepp™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 PM #32
mayuson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkInNyB View Post
....7 man is real paintball
I have to agree to that. I'm not saying The NPPL is better than PSP. Both leagues are the reason why I still play paintball. They are a bit pricey, but one has to really think of it as way of bragging rights for the teams that make podium but this is just me. The NPPL makes teams use team work, with out the use of side line coaching. In my opinion, 7 man format Is more of a challenge since a player has to find the bodies with out the assistance of coaching. Don't get me wrong, X-ball is insane with there race to format. I mean I really love playing that type of ball, but 7 man is where I started playing this sport we call paintball. This is just my opinion
Old 12-21-2010, 01:18 PM #33
Dhops187

This is the most retarted post i have ever heard.... The point of the NPPL is to get the best 7 guys you can find and win a paintball tournament regardless of what the division is. NO FURTHER QUESTIONS
DYE LON
DYLAN
DILLON
AND
DYLON
Dhops187 is offline   Reply With Quote