NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
NPPL year end owners meeting next weekend

The Nppl is having their owners meeting next weekend and this is where we vote on everything for the 2011 season. If you guys have anything that you would like me to bring to the table just post here and I will be checking throughout the week. Any ideas or comments are welcome. Please understand that I am the voice for the teams because I deal with most of you on a regular basis throughout the year. The NPPL is a players league for the players by the players and this is your chance to be heard. We care about paintball and the players that play in our league.............

Thanks,
Frank " The Tank" Connell
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2010, 09:04 PM #2
WarpedPaintballPark

WarpedPaintballPark is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Ok you asked for it.

The NPPL has done a lot of good things to promote paintball over the years but is has also done a few bad ones that has hurt.

I think these bad things should change back to the old ways of doing things.

1. Every field should have a different layout and no one should get to play them in advance. The pros put this in place a few years back (because they are getting lazy) and it has ruined the experience for the average player. The game used to be exciting because no one knew what the other team was going to do. Now its predictable and boring (just like XBall). Lets make the game fun again!

2. NPPL should be BYOP again. Teams can make there own deals and have a lot of options finding good deals. This should increase the team count a lot. (yellow only if fine) I remember when we had 6+ paint company's sending teams to events. Lets get everyone involved again and bring the cost down at the same time.

3. Fields need to be cleaned!!! Nothing is worse than spending your life fortune on getting to an event, only to have a reff make a bad call on a rub. Lets help the reffs by giving them a cleaning crew again.

4. Players from all levels of play need to be heard. The pro owners group has lots of experience but they also have sponsors agenda's that should not come into play on most topics.

5. Make D3 pure again. Only a couple teams took advantage of the two D2 player rule this year. Myself being one of them. It hurt D3 more than it helped!

just my two cents

Glenn Forster

Last edited by WarpedPaintballPark : 11-26-2010 at 09:07 PM.
WarpedPaintballPark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:49 PM #3
LittleH8kid

LittleH8kid supports Pev's Paintball
LittleH8kid plays in the APPA D2 division
for the staging, could you make it separate squares again. not like the open staging.
LittleH8kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:35 PM #4
PBSAM126
SAM

PBSAM126 supports Team VICIOUS
The new format that was used at the all star game is good idea i think. teams will try to make bigger, crazier, and better moves, cuz if it works then its sick and if it doesnt work then o well you got another chance. i think it will make the games faster in the new format. and ya BYOP will probably bring in more teams, def a cleaning crew too
ALL SUMMER LONG 4PM - 9PM

Like Midwest Outlaws Paintball Page on Facebook!
PBSAM126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 PM #5
original_skooter
OG Sunday Crew

original_skooter is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
original_skooter owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Here is a short list. Always a potential for this list to evolve
1. I think the "best of" format change that was discussed would be a good idea for the evolution of 7 man.
2. Move towards a unified rankings system as was done with the USPL via the APPA.
3. Change to a set 4 event regionally diverse schedule (east coast, west coast, south, mid west) with a revolving championship event (different location each year).
Old 11-28-2010, 12:01 PM #6
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer is for the Gunfight
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
well i agree with most of glenn's post.

the one thing i will throw up, is to replace the turf. its expensive...I know but playing vegas i noticed by sunday pieces of turf torn and my elbow was sliding across the parking lot and not the turf. and all the random patchs and stakes were sketchy.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:28 AM #7
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedPaintballPark View Post
The NPPL has done a lot of good things to promote paintball over the years but is has also done a few bad ones that has hurt.

I think these bad things should change back to the old ways of doing things.

1. Every field should have a different layout and no one should get to play them in advance. The pros put this in place a few years back (because they are getting lazy) and it has ruined the experience for the average player. The game used to be exciting because no one knew what the other team was going to do. Now its predictable and boring (just like XBall). Lets make the game fun again!

2. NPPL should be BYOP again. Teams can make there own deals and have a lot of options finding good deals. This should increase the team count a lot. (yellow only is fine) I remember when we had 6+ paint company's sending teams to events. Lets get everyone involved again and bring the cost down at the same time.

3. Fields need to be cleaned!!! Nothing is worse than spending your life fortune on getting to an event, only to have a reff make a bad call on a rub. Lets help the reffs by giving them a cleaning crew again.

4. Players from all levels of play need to be heard. The pro owners group has lots of experience but they also have sponsors agenda's that should not come into play on most topics.

5. Make D3 pure again. Only a couple teams took advantage of the two D2 player rule this year. Myself being one of them. It hurt D3 more than it helped!

just my two cents

Glenn Forster
I agree with all of this , except #5, 2 players don't make a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by original_skooter View Post
Here is a short list. Always a potential for this list to evolve
1. I think the "best of" format change that was discussed would be a good idea for the evolution of 7 man.
2. Move towards a unified rankings system as was done with the USPL via the APPA.
3. Change to a set 4 event regionally diverse schedule (east coast, west coast, south, mid west) with a revolving championship event (different location each year).
I agree with all of this too! Especially number 3.
With #3 running regional events could save the NPPL $$$ by hosting the events at local fields. Thus spreading the 7man format, and helping local fields. Events could be cheaper for the players which would hopefully help increase team turnout.

This has been done successfully with many other sports and I see no reason why paintball can't do the same thing. For instance my family owns and operates a youth basketball organization (YBOA.org , no plug intented, just wanted to prove they exist for the naysayers), they sanction tournaments all over the USA. The teams compete in local and regional events trying to qualify for the national championships. This could be implemented into paintball, but it would take more than a few months to organize. A tournament structure like that could be very beneficial to the advancement of the sport.

Looking forward to the 2011 season. See you at HB.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM #8
leidyjw
j.

More refs on field 2. A lot of the newer teams play on that field and to have a lot of missed calls or bad ones doesn't exactly give them incentive to return. even if its just two more refs, it will make a difference.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 AM #9
WayOutThere

WayOutThere is playing at Living Legends V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
I agree with all of this , except #5, 2 players don't make a team.

I agree with all of this too! Especially number 3.
With #3 running regional events could save the NPPL $$$ by hosting the events at local fields. Thus spreading the 7man format, and helping local fields. Events could be cheaper for the players which would hopefully help increase team turnout.

This has been done successfully with many other sports and I see no reason why paintball can't do the same thing. For instance my family owns and operates a youth basketball organization (YBOA.org , no plug intented, just wanted to prove they exist for the naysayers), they sanction tournaments all over the USA. The teams compete in local and regional events trying to qualify for the national championships. This could be implemented into paintball, but it would take more than a few months to organize. A tournament structure like that could be very beneficial to the advancement of the sport.

Looking forward to the 2011 season. See you at HB.
The NPPL has started something like this. It is called the CPPL "www.thecppl.com" here in Canada we have events where we play to win entrance into the NPPL. Kind of like a feeder events. It has just got started for the 2011 season. S they are on the right track.
Certified Dye Tech
WayOutThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 AM #10
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOutThere View Post
The NPPL has started something like this. It is called the CPPL "www.thecppl.com" here in Canada we have events where we play to win entrance into the NPPL. Kind of like a feeder events. It has just got started for the 2011 season. S they are on the right track.
I wasn't aware of that. But that is an awesome sign that the NPPL understands what the game needs to evolve. Maybe within a few years they can implement this in the states.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 PM #11
PBSAM126
SAM

How about bigger starting gates, just seemed pretty small for 7 man, something i noticed in D.C.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:35 PM #12
TatorTech

TatorTech plays in the PSP
TatorTech supports Pev's Paintball
TatorTech plays in the APPA D4 division
Really Sami? LOL You wanna complain about the start gates

I think all paid players should get a free event shirt.
Advertise at all fields to try and get a better turnouts( we need more teams)
Good refs need to be on both fields not just field #1

I am a desperate baller from the midwest. I am trying so hard to build a D2 7man team for 2011. I recently had tryouts and guess what?.....I had a total of 22 people but they came to scrimmage. I only had 2 people interested in playing NPPL next year out of the whole bunch. All the players here in St.Louis and surrounding area's play nothing but PSP Events and I have tried to convince alot of people to play NPPL but it not looking so good! I think NPPL really needs to step up advertising and promoting their format! We need a sister series like the CPPL but MWPPL Midwest Paintball Players League (NPPL FORMAT)

Last edited by TatorTech : 12-01-2010 at 01:42 PM.
TatorTech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 PM #13
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Center flag.

7 man is a grind (boring!), at least there might be a chance for a conflict in the middle if there were points for a center flag. Or go wild and put the flag on the snake side and watch the crush of players hit the snake.

Really there's a reason why PSP > NPPL. Something has to change or they will wind up going bankrupt, AGAIN.
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:29 PM #14
WarpedGreg
EXALT

WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
will there be a webcast of the meeting or will it just be a waiting game to hear what happens?
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:37 PM #15
meteora
www.tcpmini.com

meteora owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1. Make sure that all your employees at the main table/front desk HAVE ALL THE SAME INFORMATION. Countless times ive gone up during the events and have gotten multiple answers from each one. Questions like how many teams are being taken to sunday, what positions they give trophies to, etc.

2. GET A NEW RANKING SYSTEM. Something like that appa or what not, where u can actually look at teams rosters, see what events theyve played before and so on, the system you guys use now is an absolute joke.

3. Get field layouts up at least a month before the event, not a week or two.

We Dont Overshoot, We H8.

TCP H8 Factory 2010.
meteora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:37 PM #16
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Oh yeah, treat the refs better.

More refs, more breaks, food/water for them. Training clinics for refs and people interested in reffing. Incentives.

Glamorize the position a little bit for gods sake.
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM #17
original_skooter
OG Sunday Crew

Frank, let us know how the meeting goes.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:51 PM #18
WarpedGreg
EXALT

WarpedGreg plays in the PSP
WarpedGreg is an NCPA player
WarpedGreg plays in the APPA D2 division
so how'd it go? lol
WarpedGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:30 PM #19
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
Still in the meeting guys. I will post stuff on Monday
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:30 PM #20
original_skooter
OG Sunday Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHETANKCONNELL View Post
Still in the meeting guys. I will post stuff on Monday
Monday nothing. This is the 21st century, you need to post details in real-time. In fact, why is there not a web cast of the meeting right now?
Old 12-05-2010, 07:07 PM #21
PBSAM126
SAM

Whats new? ha i cant wait til monday