These are the new updated rules for the Air Systems forum. Please take the time to read and understand the rules and follow them to avoid any issues or conflicts.
Thanks to p8ntballsteve for forming the basis to the rules.
1) The general rules of PBN apply here. Please follow them. That means no flaming/trolling/avoiding the swear filter/advertising/spamming/spamming to reach post count/etc.
2) No posting of BST/WTB threads. If somebody posts one, feel free to correct the user once or simply report the post so it can be moved. Repeated offenses may result in moderator actions being taken such as warnings and/or infractions.
3) No more appraisal threads please. Check out the BST air systems or auction sites to find a comparable price for your item. They are not set in stone and they fluctuate frequently. And remember, an item is only worth as much as a person is willing to pay for it.
4) Posts or threads that encourage or promote Dangerous or Illegal uses/modifications/actions will be deleted. This includes making recommendations of playing with out of hydro tanks; it is unsafe and also a federal DOT violation under the majority of circumstances. This is a ZERO TOLERANCE rule.
5) Please be aware of the post dates in threads to avoid upping a dead thread. Dead threads will be closed; especially since much of the information can be found in newer threads or with the creation of a new thread if one has not been made recently.
6) False information, even if accidentally posted may be deleted at any time to cut down on confusion and flaming. If a company requests false information to be removed, and provides proof the information, the post will be deleted immediately.
7a) This is one area where vs/"which one" threads are somewhat necessary, such as, "for marker A, what is better", since the regs put up as an option may not work. So, vs threads are still conditionally allowed. With the following condition:
PERSONS WORKING FOR, OR HAVE WORKED FOR IN THE PAST, OR ARE IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH, OR AT ONE TIME WAS AFFILIATED WITH ANY MANUFACTURE/DISTRIBUTOR/RESALE SHOP/SPONSORED TEAM, OR HAS A PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL/MUTUAL HATRED TYPE RELATIONSHIP, MAY NOT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON RESPOND TO VS THREADS.
7b)A sub-rule of rule 7 by Sartek: No more 'Which tank is better/Which tank is better for me' threads. It's personal preference unless you are talking about regulator performance. Performance is totally different compared to feel/size. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3077126
8) The compressor rule. Tool shop/home compressors do not output enough to fill your tanks beyond 100-200 psi. Please stop asking.
9) Manufacturers have the final/ultimate say in their product. Contacting the manufacturer of your product is always recommended if there is doubt over anything associated with it.
Rules will be added/modified as needed.
Thank you for reading and understanding the rules and also contributing to this forum and the paintball community.