PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-22-2010, 12:46 AM #22
DarkEarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
You can't just add two guys to your Xball line up and expect to even do mediocre at an NPPL event...
Why not?
DarkEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 AM #23
FlashZ33

FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtle View Post
You can't just add two guys to your Xball line up and expect to even do mediocre at an NPPL event...
I beg to differ.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:56 AM #24
FragBallr
Brody Mayse

FragBallr plays in the USPL
FragBallr plays in the APPA D4 division
Xball and 7 man is very different. We have had top d1/d2 xball teams come to scrimmages and get worked by d3 7man teams. Unless your xball guys have played both formats, it's hard to add two players and go play 7s.

As far as having 8 events that would be crazy. We as a team could barely afford the entire season last year in d2. Then you would also have 5 teams per division if you added 4 more events. That's not even an option. And having all 4 events in Cali makes no sense at all. 7 man is growing in the Midwest and that would completely kill it.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:14 PM #25
DarkEarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragBallr View Post
Xball and 7 man is very different. We have had top d1/d2 xball teams come to scrimmages and get worked by d3 7man teams. Unless your xball guys have played both formats, it's hard to add two players and go play 7s.
X-ball players (and teams) have been doing cross over NPPL teams since it was first possible to do so. And they win too believe it or not.

Sure you're correct if you assume that a put together NPPL team of regular X-ball players that never practices, never practices together, never practices 7-man. Then pays 4k+ to go play NPPL??? Um, yeah. Maybe at YOUR field.

Not in the dirty south baby.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:24 PM #26
subtle

subtle is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
subtle owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
You might be able to cross over and do well every once in a while, but you won't be able to be great at both without practicing both formats. That's like saying I can be good at baseball b/c I am good at cricket. No way jose. :nododgy:
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:18 PM #27
DarkEarth

Again. Like I said his statement would be correct only assuming practices dont happen.

My point is that, what kind of team "that expects to do well" would ever NOT practice in the format they wish to pay for and compete in?

He say "no you cant" I say "yes you can" Trust me. Im right.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:17 AM #28
subtle

subtle is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
subtle owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEarth View Post
Again. Like I said his statement would be correct only assuming practices dont happen.

My point is that, what kind of team "that expects to do well" would ever NOT practice in the format they wish to pay for and compete in?

He say "no you cant" I say "yes you can" Trust me. Im right.
My post doesn't say anything about practice. I said just throw two ppl on a Xball line up. Throwing ppl onto a line up implies no practice...trust me I'm right, reading comprehension ftw...
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:58 PM #29
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Tim Kuykendall - The idea of a series is to play all the events, no team would be able to afford that many events. Although only counting your best 3 scores would be a nice idea.

http://www.nppl.com/rankings look how few teams were able to play all 4 events
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote