PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 AM #64
Trips

Trips plays in the PSP
Trips plays in the APPA D5 division
It was mentioned earlier but bears repeating...File a complaint with the State Attorney General(SAG)...Your local SAG can assist you in contacting the offending parties SAG and might be able to lend a hand in nudging the process along.

This is really a shame and sadly there is little that can be done on your local front, other than spread the word for buyers to beware. I have never bought net from outside of Kee, but from what I have heard and read we will definately be getting a bid from KP. When time to replace comes.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM #65
zeek98

Alpha didnt answer the phone so i called KPro Netting

I am in the process of opening up my first paintball field. Money is extremely limited. I attempted to contact Alpha Sports to order netting because they had the lower price. I could not reach them so I ordered from KPro. I logged in here because I have to tell you... I am so glad alpha didnt answer the phone. The quality of KPro is unquestionably the best quality netting I've ever seen. Chris Kerrigan was so helpful and to the point explaining everything to me. Since KPro manufactures their own netting you really do get good quality. I will be ordering from them again when I expand. When we got the netting in place it gave me such a secure feeling that of all the things i still have to worry about opening my own business... netting isnt one of them. I'm not being paid in any way to promote this product but i really do believe that for all of us at pbnation, word of mouth helps us all. GO KPro!
zeek98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM #66
drumnbassej1

has been a member for 10 years
I'm glad to see people going elsewhere to buy netting, quality matters. It isn't something to skimp out on and buy the cheapest you can find. Chris and I both have a great product. Good luck with your new field. This forum has a wealth of knowledge to help you. Use it.
drumnbassej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 AM #67
Buckshots Paint

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I did receive my netting from them, but every weekend when I put it up it tears. And it has to be taken down because it won't hold up in the wind.
Aim for Perfection... 2 Cor. 13:11

Buckshots Paintball
Calera, Ok
(580)434-2112
www.buckshots68.com
Buckshots Paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 PM #68
paintballnewbie4now

Thumbs down so frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshots Paint View Post
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I did receive my netting from them, but every weekend when I put it up it tears. And it has to be taken down because it won't hold up in the wind.
We're having the same problem. Even small breezes damage the netting and the poles! And it took far longer for assembly than we were told it would. We decided to do a full package with them and still have not received some of the accessories that were supposed to accompany the markers.

Plus, we even hired Lee to come out and help train...what a waste of time and money! He was supposed to train for 4-5 hours on two days...it was 4 hours the first day and 1.5 the second! We're working on seeking compensation and figuring out what to do if our letter to him doesn't work.

Equipment and service from Alpha Sports / paintballnetting.com was a ripoff! Lee won't answer phone calls and hasn't answered email for months. I hope no one else endures this. I wish I would have read this thread before we purchased our equipment in May.
paintballnewbie4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 PM #69
DYNAMIC_PAINTBALL
Colorado Pro Shop & Field

went with Alpha and wish'd I never did. The cheaper net cost me way more in labor they I ever thought.

Bought all of our new net with KPro and will never buy net anywhere else. Custom sizes and he knows what he is talking about.

The money you think you are save'n going cheaper will cost you way way more then you'd ever think.
R.I.P rex Liley
DYNAMIC_PAINTBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:39 AM #70
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy

NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthesteak View Post
Just to clarify for everybody, sales are governed by the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) in every state but Louisiana.

If the sale was a "shipment contract" the risk of loss passes to the buyer as soon as the seller ships it with a third party shipper (meaning that if it's lost the seller is responsible to make a claim with the shipping company).

If it's a "destination contract" the risk stays with the seller until it is delivered to the buyer (meaning that if it's lost while shipping the seller has to take it up with the shipping company).

You can usually tell what kind of contract you have by reading FOB ______ on your invoice. If the blank has the SELLER's city in the blank, it's a shipment contract and if the blank has the BUYER"s city, it's a destination contract. FOB means "free on board" and basically means that the seller is responsible to get it to that point before the risk of loss shifts to the buyer.

Also, keep in mind that, if the contract doesn't say one thing or the other clearly, it's probably a shipment contract (better for the seller). Or, if the contract just says "shipped to", it's probably a shipment contract. If the contract, though, says "delivery to", it's probably a destination contract.

A good company, though, even if it's a shipment contract and they are not legally responsible for the lost goods, while probably try to make sure things are made right with the customer (and most will have insurance deals with the shipping company to protect from loss to begin with).

I have no idea what happened here, and I'm definitely not giving out legal advice or even making any suggestions about potential claims, I just wanted to clarify who is responsible for what based on the law.
Neither one matters if they never contacted the buyer to confirm it had been/is in the process of being shipped assuming he never got confirmation that it was even on its way shows on record that they never even attempted to get it to him, also if others had the same problem then obviously something is going on I mean come on how many people actually order paintball netting opening a field is a major expense I don't think there are that many people opening new fields that often, it isn't like buying something from a site like buy.com where hundreds if not thousands of people are buying things everyday, I'd be suprised if a netting company gets 10 orders in 2 months so obviously if say 2-4 in a month say they never got anything I would think somethin is going on, if 2-4 people complain about buy.com they do a huge amount of transaction in a month some things are bound to get lost/damaged eventually while being shiped because there are so many items being shipped.

TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers
NoShaDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 PM #71
CoyoteZ
CoyoteZ

Doing battle with Alpha Sports

Made the mistake of ordering a pole system and netting from Alpha. Now get to do battle over what was shown on their website vs what was shipped. American Made netting? Absolutely! In Chile! Above ground tripod system as shown in illustration on pole system page? Well...... kinda, sorta. Three poles each need to be driven 2 feet into the ground. Guess they never heard of a geological formation called "rocks". Absolutely nothing but double-talk and blather about everything is custom-made. Pole system does look like the one from Evan, but for this kind of money want Schedule 40 galvanized pipe since this system is in no way portable and for a little more you can actually survive 45 MPH winds. Or better yet, telephone poles.
CoyoteZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 AM #72
drumnbassej1

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm local to Lee Rummage, his house is maybe 15 minutes from our shop.
drumnbassej1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:31 AM #73
CoyoteZ
CoyoteZ

small claims

Although I am not a lawyer (I just play one in my nightmares) nor is this legal advice, because Alpha Sports has a legal presence nationally, you CAN sue them in your local jurisdiction. Simply send a final demand letter, Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested. Even if they ignore it that starts the clock. After 30 days file the suit (probably cost $100 or so). Since it's unlikely they will defend, you'll get a default judgement which they will ignore. However, ANY AND ALL expenses having the judgement transfered to Mauldin SHOULD be collectable, almost regardless of the costs. This may be expensive, $300-$500 or so, BUT it should be added to the judgement. If you paid by credit card you are probably out of the dispute period.

Good luck and let me know if there is any way I can help.

Z
Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 AM #74
CoyoteZ
CoyoteZ

netting

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumnbassej1 View Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm local to Lee Rummage, his house is maybe 15 minutes from our shop.
Looks like our details to the credit card company are working and they will void the transaction based on fraud/misrepresentation.

Thanks for the offer of help. Although my partner has been in this business for nearly 20 years, I'm a newbie but looking for what I hope is not just a challenging job but can be fun.

Kindest regards,

Z
Old 11-05-2010, 07:42 AM #75
CoyoteZ
CoyoteZ

swimming lessons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray9381 View Post
Wow! what a rip off. Not even a real buisness. Thank you for your help. That does explain why they dont know what we are talking about. I had a talk with a few people in the last couple days and GO FIGURE that LEE operates about 6 websites selling netting and PB equipment.
I will be getting a full list and Posting them here and reporting all of them as fraudulent, Even if I can't get my money back, Maybe I can put a kink in his scam. WHAT AN A$$#*!e, I hope I can get him what he deserves. I did find his "litsed Home address" so This guy might take a trip that way, or find someone to do a home visit to get an explanation for his actions.
Thank you for this info.
Let me put this delicately.

My last name ends in a vowel and my family is in the construction business.

'Nuff said.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:15 AM #76
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

rayray9381 plays in the PSP
rayray9381 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rayray9381 plays in the APPA beginner division
Ill HELP

hey man, sorry to hear about this crap. Ill call you and help however I can
rayray9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:05 AM #77
CoyoteZ
CoyoteZ

Honesty and Integrity

I want to thank Ray and Chris Kerrigan at KPro for their sage counsel regarding my being ripped off by Alpha Netting. Even though neither have a dog in my fight, their willingness to help with advice shows that there are honorable people in this sport.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:47 PM #78
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Thanks

Hey anything to help a victim of a scammer.

If anyone else has been ripped off you should start a thread and post the link here. 80 threads by each person are better than 80 people in 1 thread.

Spread the word about LEE RUMMAGE and both his front alpha sports and paintballnetting.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteZ View Post
I want to thank Ray and Chris Kerrigan at KPro for their sage counsel regarding my being ripped off by Alpha Netting. Even though neither have a dog in my fight, their willingness to help with advice shows that there are honorable people in this sport.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 PM #79
hawker74

Us too

Wow, I am very sorry to hear so many people have been taken by this clown. I wish this thread had started last year. We opened a new field in May and sent this con man over $25000.00! We had so many problems that there is not enough room to write it all here, nor do I wish to rehash bad memories. All I can say is we learned a very big lesson. We went to the BBB, the State of SC and the Consumer Protection Agency, all of which were useless, especially the BBB. Many lies were told by Mr. Rummage, and he is as one poster put it, a double talker, who is a master of drivle, stall tactics and passing the buck to others. He is never to blame.
I hope that anyone planning to make a purchase with this company finds this thread first. If anyone manages to get organised enough as to arrange a class action lawsuit or something of the like to shut this scam artist down, I would be willing to join. Good luck everyone. I have to plug K-pro too. Chris was excellent to deal with, the product excellent and the shipping reliable.
hawker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 AM #80
CoyoteZ
CoyoteZ

The Dukes of Double-Talk - Alpha

Dear Hawker,

25k is a TON of money to lose. I'm in pain just thinking about it. With that kind of scratch on the line I would def. check with an attorney. I am NOT a lawyer so I can't give legal advice, but I THINK you may have up to 2 years to initiate an action.

Since I am so involved with the finances and logistics of setting up this new venture, you would get a faster response from me if anyone writes to me at reservations@coyotepaintball.com Again, let me make it clear I am NOT a lawyer, but they are FUN to shoot!

Thanks again to Chris @ KPRO and RayRay (in the Rocky Mountain high state{of mind}) for their help and starting this thread.

Regards,

Andy
Old 11-20-2010, 02:01 PM #81
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Most states allow you to file within 2 or 3 years. You may have longer if the other party said at some point that they would still make it right and failed to do so. (For eample, you order in 2009, and in 2010 they say they will deliver it to you, you may have until 2013 to file). It'll vary from state to state, so definitely talk to your lawyer.

That said, $25k is a lot, and is into the realm where your district or state's attorney (or one from the jurisdiction where the business is located) may take up the issue as a criminal fraud matter. Most states also have an office where you can report commercial fraud.

It's probably still worth starting with your own personal attorney to get advice on the best course of action, but the DA works for free.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM #82
hawker74

I must be clear. We invested 25K with Alpha Sports but did not loose it all. We received most of what we paid for with ease comparable to extracting a tooth with tweezers. What we didnt receive was around $3000 in netting. Every shippment of product was a complete battle with the netting being the last straw.
hawker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:21 PM #83
rayray9381
FREE AGENT

Info

I will be starting a new thread that will include every sinlge company name that I can find That LEE RUMMAGE IS RUNNING UNDER.

I will post a link here and anywhere else there is conversation on the scammer
Old 02-12-2012, 03:42 PM #84
Nite_Reaper
BG Battalion

Nite_Reaper is BST Trusted
Nite_Reaper is playing at Living Legends V
Nite_Reaper has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Nite_Reaper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Nite_Reaper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Not to revive a dead thread, but this has saved my A#$! We were looking into Alpha Sports and talking with Lee about getting some netting...thank for all the valued input...giving K pro a call now.

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for any amount, up to and including their life. - Unknown
Nite_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote