PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-10-2010, 10:15 PM #1
breg

has been a member for 10 years
Wanting to get into owning a Viking

Like the title thread says, I am thinking about eventually picking up a Viking. I've always wanted one, and now that I am apporaching 30 I think it is time I lived the dream.

So that being said I need info so I don't look like an idiot when I pick one up

1. What are the known issues with preformance and maintenance, and how can they be properly addressed?

2. What kinds of tools will I need? Any speciality tools like pressure testers or what not? Where can I pick them up?

3. What kind of lubricant should be used on Vikings?

More to come as I think up any questions, thanks in advance
-Mike

Last edited by breg : 11-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
breg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 PM #2
Apocalyptic
Hot Dog

I bought one without ever asking a question... It now sits as a nice mantle piece ... but truthfully all I have ever done is shot it... a lot... no adjustments almost what so ever very little cleaning very little anything... Just like a good gun should.

Few specialty parts to take it appart is all I have to complain about. Other than that... Best gun I have ever shot and i've just about owned them all...
*FS:5.1 Element Ion *FS:Custom Nasty Typhoon

~IF.68CAL DIES I DIE WITH IT I'M IN THIS TO THE END~
RAMPING IS NOT A SPORT,
Apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:53 PM #3
breg

What kind of parts are we talking about? I really want to get into them, but if it is going to be a goose chase to hunt down bits and parts...
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM #4
1st ancient warrior
this is druid

I just got mine and have only tested it...but my answers in yellow:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breg View Post
Like the title thread says, I am thinking about eventually picking up a Viking. I've always wanted one, and now that I am apporaching 30 I think it is time I lived the dream.

So that being said I need info so I don't look like an idiot when I pick one up

1. What are the known issues with preformance and maintenance, and how can they be properly addressed?
It's quite probably the only "stock" marker that you don't need aftermarket accessories for. Issues? None other than the boards are getting kind of old anymore. There are replacements available if to just look around...
Performance: Performs like any other electro.
Efficiency is hard to beat...about 2K shots off a 68/45.
Maintenance: 2 drops of AKA oil in the asa and you are done. The marker tolerances are so tight, nothing really gets into the tubes. I wiped mine out and only marker oil was there...no grit or dirt.
AKALMP or Destructive Customs will tune your marker if you want them to:
http://destructivecustoms.com/

2. What kinds of tools will I need? Any speciality tools like pressure testers or what not? Where can I pick them up?
You should have at LEAST an LPR tester and the cap tool is a good idea too: http://akalmp.com/kits.html and at least one set each. O Ring kits for the marker and Sidewinder.
3. What kind of lubricant should be used on Vikings?
AKA oil only [called Extreme Lube] found here:
http://akalmp.com/misc.html

More to come as I think up any questions, thanks in advance
-Mike
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gtartanJPE.jpg Formerly known here as druidsdecendant (can't post/lost password/mods don't answer PMs anymore...long story) but known elsewhere as "druid". ALL my old feedback found HERE, HERE and THIS is my new feedback for here. The mods can verify my IP if needed.
1st ancient warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:29 PM #5
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
The nice thing about them is once they're properly set up they need virtually no maintenance. A few drops of any synthetic paintball oil will keep it properly running. A few things I would look for are eyes and a board that supports different firing modes like WAS 2.0, Pandora with RMod, or Tadao. If weight or looks are a concern I suggest buying an already milled one rather than taking on a project yourself. Other than that find a trigger that you like the feel of and enjoy.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM #6
breg

Thanks a million folks. These seem soild.

Probably going to look for an un-milled one since they are ususally a lot less expensive.