KSgrim

KSgrim owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KSgrim supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywitagun72 View Post
fatty
BAM!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3487006 DUST BLACK BOB LONG CLOSER

GEAR BAG SALE~~~ BRAND NEW EMPIRE XLT GEARBAG ZN http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3486998
KSgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 08:08 PM #107
monkeywitagun72
Names spenc.

monkeywitagun72 helped look for balloons
monkeywitagun72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
monkeywitagun72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSgrim View Post
BAM!
KUNG POW!

JOLLY.GREEN
BALTIMORE TRAUMA FAN CLUB #1415
monkeywitagun72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:25 PM #108
MPS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygrinder View Post
Now that I'm thinking about it you're right Tim. You're not biased, I said that out of anger, and I appologize.
What I should have said is these events are just not run well. Examples. The ridge this year, first game of the finals was I-40 and virus I think. I-40 had two people and virus had one. Virus player runs down an I-40 player in the snake corner. He shot the player in the pack and the player had no idea and had just taken off to get him, not knowing he had moved. Someone called a 1-4-1 when he hadn't shot his gun and he just got shot. Everyone saw it and everyone aggreed it was a terrible call and no one knows what the "reff" was thinking.
Or last year at the ridge when robert gay was observing us and helping us out. There was a bad call and he began to talk with you about it. Your response was "well, we have let your players get away with things." do I even need to go into what's wrong with that?
OR the pod call two years ago at the edge. Do I even need to bring this up?

There's several comments over the past 2 or three pages from other players who are also upset with the series. And 2/5 of the events weren't held and I firmly believe it's due to people not wanting to play because they have had problems in the past. I know this is why I-40 fuel and OSU don't play this series anymore. Tony Fancher from storm put together the AES Titans and do you know why they don't play this series? Problems when he played with storm.
Idk what else to say.
I did make a very stupid statement similar to that at the ridge event, but I do believe that right after it came out of my mouth I mentioned to him that it was a stupid statement. I do make mistakes. Like you have said we sometimes say things without thinking, because I can't think of anything right now that you guys have gotten away with. As far as the undershirt goes or lots of rules for that matter. Dan and I created the rule, we tell people about it at the captains meeting and I mention it again in the ref meeting. I personally do not catch people and penalize them for breaking the rule. That is why you have seen me tell people before they start or some people come up and ask if they are good to go. The consistency between fields and even the day needs to be worked on. That part is on me and it is something I will need to work on.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 PM #109
ophooligan
Avid Death Squad

has been a member for 10 years
ophooligan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS Tim View Post
As far as the undershirt goes or lots of rules for that matter. Dan and I created the rule, we tell people about it at the captains meeting and I mention it again in the ref meeting. I personally do not catch people and penalize them for breaking the rule. That is why you have seen me tell people before they start or some people come up and ask if they are good to go. The consistency between fields and even the day needs to be worked on. That part is on me and it is something I will need to work on.
I have not played the MPS so my opinion and comments are based solely on an event I observed last year and the comments in this thread.
As the head judge how can you say that you do not catch players breaking the rules and penalize them? Is that not your job?
You mentioned that consistency is an area of improvement. IMO the best way to do that is to actually be on the fields during play. How can you ensure that the correct calls are made if you are not there to observe them? What is the plan to improve consistency?
A suggestion I would make would be for you to be on the field all day. If that is not possible for some reason then you at least need to be aware of the games that will give you potential problems. I saw it time and time again at the event I was at that you had issues with the same teams game after game. If you were on the field during those games your day could have been easier.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 PM #110
MPS Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophooligan View Post
I have not played the MPS so my opinion and comments are based solely on an event I observed last year and the comments in this thread.
As the head judge how can you say that you do not catch players breaking the rules and penalize them? Is that not your job?
You mentioned that consistency is an area of improvement. IMO the best way to do that is to actually be on the fields during play. How can you ensure that the correct calls are made if you are not there to observe them? What is the plan to improve consistency?
A suggestion I would make would be for you to be on the field all day. If that is not possible for some reason then you at least need to be aware of the games that will give you potential problems. I saw it time and time again at the event I was at that you had issues with the same teams game after game. If you were on the field during those games your day could have been easier.
Point taken, I am horrible with names, but if I am remembering correctly then it is the Choctaw event that you are speaking of. I probably could have made one of the fields run a little smoother, I don't know if it was something in the water but most of the refs and a lot of the players could have acted a lot better. The original idea was for me to not be on the field to try and be as unbiased as possible and let the refs do their job. Believe it or not these things will all be talked about and I do appreciate the feedback.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:15 PM #111
moses_fk
Ryan Recher

i think you were unbiased to the point to where you would leave the call to the head ref on the field so you didnt have to be the bad guy. but you are the ultimate ref, your job is to be the bad guy and step in when a controversial call is made or needs to be made. there is no point in having a ultimate ref if they are not on the field reffing. if the only way to be unbiased is to not be on the field then why be a ref?
moses_fk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 PM #112
JacobeFoShoYo

JacobeFoShoYo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JacobeFoShoYo plays in the APPA D4 division
i think that if you talk poop, you should get hit, but! i can guarantee you that everything that monkeygrinder is saying has atleast 3 points to it, there for your argument is invalid.

now everyone enjoy this picture, good day.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 AM #113
..TJ..

whats the point of arguing or bringing up the past?

why dont you just go buy a trophy online and tell mommy and daddy you won well not really because it was the refs fault right? pretty sure if you watch sports even professional especially baseball and football refs will miss calls its part of the game but yet i dont see calvin johnson complaining about the ref taking his game winning touchdown away or the pitcher who was one out away from a perfect game and called the guy safe when he was out. Referees the best in the world that get paid more than prolly most people here missing HUGE calls yet the players can take it like a man.

oh yea that right we are on forums where you all can just sit behind your keyboard and complain get over it play the game

Tim your doing a great job, MPS reffs of the past that DONT GET PAID you guys do good to no reff is perfect and thanks for making the events fun
Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 AM #114
x918xPaintballx
OKLAHOMA STATE <3

x918xPaintballx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x918xPaintballx supports Team VICIOUS
x918xPaintballx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
x918xPaintballx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..TJ.. View Post
...or the pitcher who was one out away from a perfect game and called the guy safe when he was out....
Actually he did complain at first... lol
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 AM #115
D-man[WarLlamas]
Old and in the way

Annual Supporting Member
D-man[WarLlamas] posts videos on PbNation
D-man[WarLlamas] plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
...yet the players can take it like a man...
Here's 10+ pgs of athletes proving you wrong.
http://www.google.com/images?q=argui...og&sa=N&tab=vi

Maybe the MPS should consider paying refs so they don't do a good enough job, but a great job? Maybe free entry/cs of paint at next event or the next day if it's L3/4??

Just $0.02 more from me.

- - Buy my swagg: - - - - - - XSV Axe Pro for sale! - - -
D-man[WarLlamas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:53 AM #116
bunkerkingap1
I-40 Fuel

has been a member for 10 years
bunkerkingap1 plays in the PSP
bunkerkingap1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
bunkerkingap1 plays in the APPA D4 division
i don't think you can legitimately compare professional athletes to what we do. most of us have families that we are away from every sunday, work our butts off to compete, spend time away from said family, drive who knows how long, just to go to these tournaments. that adds up to alot of $$$ and time away from the ones we love to have a tournament lost due to some "bad" calls.

i know at my last mps (pcoc last year) my team I-40 made it into the finals. we had a member of another team have a gun go down. he had probably 15 minutes to fix his gun while dan just said to hurry up every 5 minutes. we did lose the game to them but that's crazy to give a guy that long.

most of my experiences with mps have been good ones. i'm not bashing the series, dan, tim, or anyone else. i understand things happen that you guys really can't influence. i just don't like seeing the same discrepancies over and over. reffing has been a major issue since my first event. it's hit or miss. i know it's been brought up over and over and frankly monkeygrinder is right. the refs can influence the outcome of a tournament. i played the last aes event and the reffing was amazing. i don't think i heard anyone complain about any issues. the ultimate was on the field every game, every point. i know alot of times i'd see tim under the awning with dan the entire day. i think you should be out there so that you can make a better assessment if there were any issues with reffing, not just listen to both sides and try to make a call off of the player and refs account.

overall, i hope mps does address these issues and comes back stronger. i would love to see 2 events in oklahoma with one of them being towards the beginning of the season. i know oklahoma teams have supported this series since day one.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:27 AM #117
monkeygrinder
Imma let you finish but..

Quote:

why dont you just go buy a trophy online and tell mommy and daddy you won well not really because it was the refs fault right? pretty sure if you watch sports even professional especially baseball and football refs will miss calls its part of the game but yet i dont see calvin johnson complaining about the ref taking his game winning touchdown away or the pitcher who was one out away from a perfect game and called the guy safe when he was out. Referees the best in the world that get paid more than prolly most people here missing HUGE calls yet the players can take it like a man.

oh yea that right we are on forums where you all can just sit behind your keyboard and complain get over it play the game

Tim your doing a great job, MPS reffs of the past that DONT GET PAID you guys do good to no reff is perfect and thanks for making the events
fun

That's all I gotta say.
<Ryan Recher3
Make yourself hard to define.

Last edited by monkeygrinder : 11-04-2010 at 01:55 AM.
monkeygrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:13 AM #118
KSgrim

KSgrim owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
KSgrim supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:

Tim your doing a great job, MPS reffs of the past that DONT GET PAID you guys do good to no reff is perfect and thanks for making the events fun
BAM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x918xPaintballx View Post
Actually he did complain at first... lol
POW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
Here's 10+ pgs of athletes proving you wrong.
http://www.google.com/images?q=argui...og&sa=N&tab=vi

Maybe the MPS should consider paying refs so they don't do a good enough job, but a great job? Maybe free entry/cs of paint at next event or the next day if it's L3/4??

Just $0.02 more from me.
KABLAMM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygrinder View Post

That's all I gotta say.
BANG!BAM!POWW!!!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3487006 DUST BLACK BOB LONG CLOSER

GEAR BAG SALE~~~ BRAND NEW EMPIRE XLT GEARBAG ZN http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3486998
KSgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 PM #119
Kapwing
Team BP

Kapwing supports Team VICIOUS
Got My refund today through paypal. Thanks

Suggestions

3 maybe 4 Tournament Dates

Race to 2 Xball

Prepay discount if you pay up front for the series

Prizes? Credit amount for anything Kee sells and \or including a credit towards paint at a national event....of course at a discount price.

1 Sideline Coach

Offer a point carry over to advance up a level especially if you continue to offer level 4.......Manditory after so many wins?....kind of a hard rule to write.

Masters Division? over 40....over 40 lbs overweight...can't run over 40 yds without oxygen and have to hold everything over 40 inches away to read it without glasses.

Streetball Division: Name and rank....Random Drawing.....Race to 2 xball 5 man

I had a lot of fun (this is a great sport to be Dad) and I was real proud of the boys to pull together and make a run of it. They were timid going into #3 when they mixed it up with the level 3 guys, The best advice I knew to give them was "Guys, just go have fun, relax" they gained a lot of confidence at #3. We were looking foward to the finals and a shot at taking the series from 918 but it is all good and congrats to 918. I imagine they will have the opportunity to play again sometime.
Kapwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:25 PM #120
x918xPaintballx
OKLAHOMA STATE <3

x918xPaintballx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x918xPaintballx supports Team VICIOUS
x918xPaintballx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
x918xPaintballx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapwing View Post

Suggestions

3 maybe 4 Tournament Dates

Race to 2 Xball

1 Sideline Coach
This^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapwing View Post
We were looking foward to the finals and a shot at taking the series from 918 but it is all good and congrats to 918. I imagine they will have the opportunity to play again sometime.
Thanks. Definitely looking forward to playing against you all more sometime soon.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 AM #121
Maxipad89

Maxipad89 supports Team VICIOUS
Maxipad89 plays in the APPA D4 division
What tournaments had bad reffing?

Reagen's Army # 88
www.Reagan'sArmyPaintball.com
Get excited... Buy a thong with our name on it.
Maxipad89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM #122
turdnugget37

turdnugget37 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxipad89 View Post
What tournaments had bad reffing?
They are all gonna say the ridge...only problem... all the people on here complaining have never played an event worth mentioning so they dont understand that if you try to cheat you get 1 for 1s...... Vicious, nppl, psp.... you even think about cheating 1 for 1.....
turdnugget37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:36 AM #123
Tim@Kick'n
Kick'n Paintball Park

Tim@Kick'n plays in the PSP
Tim@Kick'n plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
You all just got 1for 1's. That's what you get!
GI SPORTZ--SOCIAL--GI VISION--EXALT--V FORCE--PLANET ECLIPSE
KICKNPAINTBALLPARK.COM
Tim@Kick'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:43 AM #124
cheez-it2
im kind of a big deal

cheez-it2 plays in the PSP
cheez-it2 supports Team VICIOUS
cheez-it2 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdnugget37 View Post
They are all gonna say the ridge...only problem... all the people on here complaining have never played an event worth mentioning so they dont understand that if you try to cheat you get 1 for 1s...... Vicious, nppl, psp.... you even think about cheating 1 for 1.....
i thought the ridge was a great event all around
cheez-it2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:35 PM #125
JacobeFoShoYo

JacobeFoShoYo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JacobeFoShoYo plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez-it2 View Post
i thought the ridge was a great event all around
this.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:54 PM #126
pump_player23

Annual Supporting Member
pump_player23 plays in the PSP
pump_player23 supports Sherwood Forest
pump_player23 supports Sherwood Forest
pump_player23 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
pump_player23 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdnugget37 View Post
I think its more of the invisible paint that hit people. and refs saying and i quote "I thought i saw it hit". Without even checking the players.

I-40 Fuel Kids
pump_player23 is offline   Reply With Quote