Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 PM #1
sharpshooter314

SP1 Better Remake coming soon!!!

On ANSgear, a new company called GOG has remade the Vibe and the SP1. The vibe seems the same, but the SP1 comes with a "tactical barrel", CAR stock, Double trigger and adjustable side feed feedneck. Heres a link to the new G1 (SP1)

link

and a picture:

Advertisement
Old 10-25-2010, 09:57 PM #2
Noltez
Ψ

Hmm.. new logo, same internals? The offset feedneck I like.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:23 PM #3
RAM_GOW

RAM_GOW donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noltez View Post
Hmm.. new logo, same internals? The offset feedneck I like.

Same here. Didn't notice it until you said something.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:30 PM #4
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
It's adjustable. It can go center, right and left I believe.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:31 PM #5
1st ancient warrior
this is druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhileyOFish View Post
It's adjustable. It can go center, right and left I believe.
Correct.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gtartanJPE.jpg Formerly known here as druidsdecendant (can't post/lost password/mods don't answer PMs anymore...long story) but known elsewhere as "druid". ALL my old feedback found HERE, HERE and THIS is my new feedback for here. The mods can verify my IP if needed.
1st ancient warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 AM #6
Red_Dog

Now the question is, how can I get an adjustable feedneck on my SP-1? Maybe buy the G1 receiver (assuming they offer them for sale separately) and stick my SP-1 internals in it...
I know I read somewhere there were plans to release new receivers for the SP-1 with an adjustable feedneck. But then SP went under before it happened.
Red_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 PM #7
Noltez
Ψ

There's a extreme close up of the G1, and the feedneck area looks different. It's a separate piece from the body - you can see a seam, whereas SP built the feedneck lower directly into the body. RD, looks like you'll be buying a body and swapping (or buy a G1 and keep the SP as a backup).

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 PM #8
PhileyOFish

PhileyOFish supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noltez View Post
RD, looks like you'll be buying a body and swapping (or buy a G1 and keep the SP as a backup).
Might have to treat myself to one for christmas if they come out by then.
PhileyOFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:36 AM #9
GHOST_FISCO

i like it, but found out its not made in the USA anymore...
GHOST_FISCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 PM #10
1st ancient warrior
this is druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST_FISCO View Post
i like it, but found out its not made in the USA anymore...
but neither is Kingman, Tippmann or even the Angel...........

The whole "made overseas" thing is getting a little old. So long as they are made to more stringent tolerances than say...a old model "Spyder"..........what is the issue really?

I'm not 'ripping into' you....I'm just asking 'what's the bid deal?" especially if they seem to put out a decent marker [for the cost]. In the case of SP...now GoG...........you get what you pay for. Less expensive markers that [can] compete with higher end gear [given all things considered...bps limits, etc].
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...gtartanJPE.jpg Formerly known here as druidsdecendant (can't post/lost password/mods don't answer PMs anymore...long story) but known elsewhere as "druid". ALL my old feedback found HERE, HERE and THIS is my new feedback for here. The mods can verify my IP if needed.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:46 PM #11
Calculon The Great

Also depends where overseas. For instance Mainland China is one thing (mostly crap), Taiwan is another (some good stuff). Then you have how much control the company has over the manufacturing. IIRC APS used European machines and tightly overlooked their Taiwanese shop where the Angels are made. And then you have others that just contract it out to the lowest bidder... Personally I'd rather pay more to get something made in North America (barring Mexico, they can all wither and die down there for all I care) or perhaps Europe. But if there's something Yankees love more than patriotism it's the cheap buck. So, there.

In the case of the 'G-1' if GOG was able to keep the quality standards fairly similar top what the SP-1 had, we're good. The SP-1 is one of the very best guns I've ever known in all price categories.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:32 AM #12
1st ancient warrior
this is druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon The Great View Post
Also depends where overseas. For instance Mainland China is one thing (mostly crap), Taiwan is another (some good stuff). Then you have how much control the company has over the manufacturing. IIRC APS used European machines and tightly overlooked their Taiwanese shop where the Angels are made. And then you have others that just contract it out to the lowest bidder... Personally I'd rather pay more to get something made in North America (barring Mexico, they can all wither and die down there for all I care) or perhaps Europe. But if there's something Yankees love more than patriotism it's the cheap buck. So, there.

See...I'm on the other side of the coin on this. Everyone is touting the latest and greatest iPhone, Droid, Toshiba Plasma screen, PS 5 million, 200 terabyte/quad core HDs and every other "not made in the US car" they can get...but it's a problem when it's a paintball marker? I really don't get it....

In the case of the 'G-1' if GOG was able to keep the quality standards fairly similar top what the SP-1 had, we're good. The SP-1 is one of the very best guns I've ever known in all price categories.
On this I completely agree. IF they can keep it similarly designed and produced, we'll be in good shape.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:22 PM #13
SP1-LORD

Yeah the idea is very cool. It was a great marker when it was produced by smart parts. But from the rumors I have heard its a .50 cal marker... which is a deal breaker for me.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:07 AM #14
1st ancient warrior
this is druid

no, it's 68 cal.

It's the GI Milsim and some models of Kingman that's the crap .50 cal.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:19 PM #15
SP1-LORD

oh ok. cause see earlier, GI milsim had the plans to do an offset feed sp1 chambered for the .50 cal. So I assumed this was the same plan for the gog
g1, glad its not. And thanks for the info.
SP1-LORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM #16
receiver545
www.PBHeadshots.com

receiver545 plays in the PSP
receiver545 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
receiver545 supports Team VICIOUS
receiver545 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP1-LORD
oh ok. cause see earlier, GI milsim had the plans to do an offset feed sp1 chambered for the .50 cal. So I assumed this was the same plan for the gog
g1, glad its not. And thanks for the info.
GOG IS THE NEW SMART PARTS. it's ran by the same people entirely. Talked to the guys at world cup, and what they told me' was that the Gardner bros own GOG and will be producing most of there previous markers same to the originals in whole, minus a few changes that customers have wanted. The G1 Is drilled for eyes but doesn't come stock with them, so you do not have to upgrade the body to put eyes in.

receiver545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM #17
#14 Excal

Anyone know how the loader attaches to the feedneck since it doesnt look like its a clamping feedneck.
#14 Excal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:14 AM #18
1st ancient warrior
this is druid

probably via feed neck adapter
Old 02-14-2011, 11:03 AM #19
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Wonder if they have the original back cover, the stock is definitely not my cup of tea. Otherwise looks good, may pick one up as a backup.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:25 AM #20
Raeven
Politeness isn't weakness

Raeven supports Pev's Paintball
Raeven has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't even use the back cover. I leave it off in case I have to clean it quickly due to a break.
Raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:22 PM #21
Crows on the Wire
Are those real???

I have a couple of modded out A5s but I've had my eye on my sons SP-1. He's only used it twice (he's a real little guy still and just started playing). I wanted to pick up an SP-1 for myself but they don't make em anymore. i found out about GOG and the G1. Since it was my son's birthday I bought a G1 from my local shop for him and I'll inherit the SP-1. The offset is really cool and the fact that it comes with a stock is really nice. The offset allows him to put a red dot on which i know is useless in paintball but he is 11 and life is still fun for him, so why be a deushe and tell him. the stock helps him as well. The stainless screws are a nice touch. I threw a really nice suppressor on i had gotten from ops gear a few years ago but never used. He has a nice pinnochio for it as well and i have to say, the marker looks really cool. The longer barrell with the suppressor is awesome. When i woke him up this morning i saw that he had slept with it. I guess it was a hit. We shot about a half a case of paint threw it and it is exactly the SP-1. i hope he likes playing with it (taking him in 2 weeks) and I cant wait to bust out my new old sp-1!!!! Just need to find a stock adapter or a stock!!!!!!