Community Focus

Old 10-23-2010, 02:56 PM #64
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Has anyone had luck buying the tactical stock for their drone?

Last edited by Ragin Cajun : 10-25-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM #65
Krazy8
User Defined

has been a member for 10 years
http://macdev.net/store/product_info...roducts_id=160

Not to hard to find.

Krazy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:56 PM #66
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Never said it was hard to find. I can never get in touch with anyone over there. I'm not going to place an order without knowing if it is available.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM #67
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

I understand you are looking for a specific stock, but the SpecOps T2W stock is awesome on this marker.

Man, and talk about a threadjack!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:29 PM #68
Rifleman WI
1st ID- The Big Red One

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMC Unknown View Post
Shoot, I'm up in Wisconsin. Nobody runs with a MacDev up here. The paintball players are all deer hunters that still shoot 98s.
I rock 2 borgs, I've just been relocated by the army for 4 years... I really miss the siege...

AGD Tac One
AGD MiniMag
AO Feedback
PBN Feedback
Rifleman WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:38 PM #69
Braddoc
Yukon Cornelius

Braddoc plays in the PSP
Braddoc is an NCPA player
Braddoc plays in the APPA D4 division
Really? We had an NCPA tournament at the siege and it wasn't terribly impressive. I was annoyed by the fact that the field was on a minor slope so one side of the field was about 3 feet higher than the other- so if you were on the low end people could drop shots in on your snake player and get pack hits all day without trying, but up hill? No chance in hell. [/threadjack] sorry. lol
University of Minnesota Paintball #4
cyborg
nox inside

droid
MacDevMilitia
Braddoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 PM #70
Rifleman WI
1st ID- The Big Red One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddoc View Post
Really? We had an NCPA tournament at the siege and it wasn't terribly impressive. I was annoyed by the fact that the field was on a minor slope so one side of the field was about 3 feet higher than the other- so if you were on the low end people could drop shots in on your snake player and get pack hits all day without trying, but up hill? No chance in hell. [/threadjack] sorry. lol
Well last time i was there was 5 years ago for walk on games, a lot must have changed...

AGD Tac One
AGD MiniMag
AO Feedback
PBN Feedback
Rifleman WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 PM #71
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifleman WI View Post
I really miss the siege...
Yeah, not a big fan of the Siege, there is a lot more out here than that, but I give those guys credit for trying.

Back to this thread - Irregulators!

I purchased in bulk all the O-rings I need. I rebuilt the regulator, relubed it, and felt oh-so good about it all. The first time I gassed it up - as mentioned above - it held air. However, when I took it over to a buddy's house to shoot it, it began leaking from the regulator again.

What the hell is going on?!

I'm beginning to think I will not even make next season the way things are going with this marker.

What could I be missing? Do I have to have the marker on before I charge it? The air is coming out of the reg with such force I can barely adjust the screw, and when I do I have to turn it in to get it to slow down. But I am afraid of turning it too much and messing some internal parts.

MacDev has all out blown me off. I'll have to try them again.

Can anyone give me some feedback here.

HELP!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 AM #72
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Well, I got a response back from MacDev, and wasn't really happy about it:

Quote:
Stephen,

Please send either your regulator, or the whole gun to our tech centre. I have issued an RMA for that:

Hello ,

I am authorizing this marker to be repaired at our Miami Facility. Please be sure to read this entire email before sending any packages to our facilities. Your RMA number for this return is ******.

Please write or print your RMA number CLEARLY on a piece of paper and include it in the package with your marker, this is very important. If the RMA is not present, a $50.00 fee will be assessed. When you send us your marker, you understand that you are responsible for the following fees:
- shipping (insurance is highly recommended; MacDev is NOT responsible for ANY damage, theft, loss, etc)
- repair (we will contact you and establish a fair price before proceeding with the repair of the marker)
- parts (we will let you know if any parts are required to fix your marker)

We accept most major credit cards and PayPal.

Once the parts and repair fees are paid and cleared, a MacDev technician will begin repairing your marker. When the repair is complete, we will contact you and collect the fees for shipping and ship your marker back to you (generally, the same day the payment clears). The address for our Miami Facility is below:

MacDev Miami
15271 nw 60th ave suite 208
Miami, FL 33014

If additional information, action, or payment is required, we will contact you via this email/ticket or by phone.
Of all the markers I've owned, none of them have charged for an RMA, or charged for return shipping. I have to say, I think I made a terrible choice in choosing MacDev.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:02 PM #73
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
PMC there are only 2 o-rings that would cause the air leak out the bottom of the reg, the 008 around the outside of the seat retainer or the 6 x 1 at the bottom of the bore where the seat sits.

please check these and it could save you from having to send the gun back for teching.
James@MacDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 PM #74
Krazy8
User Defined

Honestly if you replaced both the 008 and the 6x1 orings and it is still leaking, you could still have a bad oring.

I have on more than one occasion been run through the ringer by fualty new orings.
Since you have bulk try replacing those two again and give it another try.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:54 PM #75
808star

For PMC and Drone compadres

PMC, follow the latest advice from James. If this doesn't work, temporarily change out the reg with another (any brand) so you can at least get the Drone working properly. Get the Gladiator looked at and serviced. This is a ton better than having an emotional meltdown on-line and will also get you and the Drone on the playing field. : )

Oh, be prepared for some air efficiency issues WHILE breaking in the gun. After 5 or so cases and dwell adjustment, efficiency will increase markedly. So don't freak on this as it's part of the break-in process.

As for M4 stocks, I ordered mine directly from MacDev in Australia. Great service.

My only issue is that the Drone manual is not offered on-line in it's entirety. Why is that? Lost mine.

Aloha,

808star
Fieldowner
Hawaii All-Star Paintball and Airsoft Games
Honolulu. Hawaii
808star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 PM #76
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808star View Post
This is a ton better than having an emotional meltdown...
Come on now...

OK, I'll break it down again. I'll shoot for those O-rings and really examine what could be the issue in there. Could the threads be sloppy and I'm losing air out through the adjustment screw? My experience with teflon tape in that tight of tolerance usually does more hurt than good, but I'll slap a bunch of lube on that thing.

I'm beginning to wonder if I don't have the screw in far enough. That I'm feeling just a little bit of resistance and *****ing out from fear of damaging the reg? I'll have to look at this thing again.

Lordy... I hope getting this thing to shoot isn't always this much of a headache...
Old 11-18-2010, 04:09 AM #77
CraigofScotland
Scottish Warrior

Theres not too much in the reg, have a look for a drawing, you'll get the idea.

Stip it down and rebuild. . .

Macdevs are great, most problems seem to be an oring thats gone somewhere, just make sure you have spares and your sorted.

Again, find the exploded view drawing for your marker, read it, try understand it. Theres not actually too much too them.

Im lucky though. The Macdev tech over here is a team mate.

UK Scenario Team of the Year!!
CraigofScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 AM #78
Krazy8
User Defined

Quote:
Come on now...

OK, I'll break it down again. I'll shoot for those O-rings and really examine what could be the issue in there. Could the threads be sloppy and I'm losing air out through the adjustment screw? My experience with teflon tape in that tight of tolerance usually does more hurt than good, but I'll slap a bunch of lube on that thing.
Ok...those two orings...the 008 and the 6x1 stop air from escaping out past the adjustment screw.
Teflon taping the threads will do nothing to help you if air is getting past the orings. It will however make it more difficult to change the velocity of the Drone.
If it is still leaking from the adjustment screw there is a problem with the sealing of those two orings and nothing else you try to change beyond that is going to effect that leak.

Quote:
Lordy... I hope getting this thing to shoot isn't always this much of a headache...
You are simply not familiar with the gun. When they are set up there is no thought to use. You simply add the air and paint and shoot poeple.

Yours was a problem from the get go and has been completely torn down and worked on...so you have to go through the motions of of set up yourself or send it off to a tech.

The one really good thing about all this work you are doing...you are becoming familiar with the internal operation of your gun and this in the future will be a tremendous help to you.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:27 PM #79
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy8 View Post
Ok...those two orings...the 008 and the 6x1 stop air from escaping out past the adjustment screw.
OK, hold on. What is this 6x1 O-ring I've seen now for the second time? I thought all of the O-rings were classified in the AS568A Dash No. system, is there an additional metric one? I will have to go and pick one up for this assembly.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 PM #80
Compulsion
Not as smart as he thinks

Compulsion is a Supporting Member
Compulsion supports our troops
Compulsion supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
OK, hold on. What is this 6x1 O-ring I've seen now for the second time? I thought all of the O-rings were classified in the AS568A Dash No. system, is there an additional metric one? I will have to go and pick one up for this assembly.
6x1 is a metric o-ring.

6mm diameter (internal, I believe) 1mm cross-section diameter.
facebook.com/ronhockman
Compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:32 PM #81
Krazy8
User Defined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer14 View Post
The leak out the bottom of the regulator might be the same problem some people have had with their clones (it uses the same reg). The leak out the adjuster screw can be caused by a bad seal on a tiny 6x1mm o-ring on the inside of the adjuster screw- it is hollow with an o-ring groove in there where the red seat fits. The other o-ring is more obvious and is on the outside of the adjuster. Those are the only two seals that can let air out the bottom of the reg adjuster. There is a discussion thread here for your issue:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3465385

If you want to send it to me, PM me and I'll get you a shipping address. It sounds like the whole thing just needs to be gone through and put back the way it should be. If the leak out the bottom of the reg is the only issue, replace the 011 and 6x1 o-rings, and try it out. Remember to zero out the reg and bring it up to pressure after putting it back together. You don't want to put 300psi through your drive train.
Post #45 from page three of this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James@MacDev View Post
PMC there are only 2 o-rings that would cause the air leak out the bottom of the reg, the 008 around the outside of the seat retainer or the 6 x 1 at the bottom of the bore where the seat sits.

please check these and it could save you from having to send the gun back for teching.
Post #73 from page four of this thread.

Tried to consolidate for easy reference.

I hope that helps you isolate it a bit more.

Last edited by Krazy8 : 11-18-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:26 AM #82
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

OK, I'm trying to go the way of the manual. But it seems that MacDev warriors know a bit more than the manufacturer. I put in a 6x1.5 O-ring tonight but have not gassed it up as there are people in this building.

I'll get back to you guys soon, and I am ordering 6x1 O-rings from McMaster immediately.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:25 AM #83
PMC Unknown
E-14 Zealot

OK, I couldn't help it. I ran out to a Ace Hardware and purchased an O-ring at 6x1.5, so there's more width - shouldn't hurt. In the meantime I'm ordering the correct sizes from McMaster.

So the reg is rebuilt and on the marker. I gassed up the marker and she is holding air. However, now the marker will not dry fire. I am recharging the battery to see if that is the issue, but am I missing anything?

I know I have to turn off the eyes to dry fire, which brings me to another issue: the lights. With my manual came a insert that told me that my board was upgraded to V2.0 software (that's good) and that the manual could not cover the changes - what is up with the Tactical Drones getting the shaft on the manual? What it says my marker should be doing with the lights is not necessarily true. I have lights blinking and popping that are not coinciding with the insert - minus 3-round burst and full auto.

Is there an updated key for the various modes and their lighting?
Old 11-19-2010, 12:06 PM #84
Krazy8
User Defined

Yes, the updates programing key was included with the Drones when the were shipped out from MacDev. Every one after our first four we purchased had the updated software and programing info.
From my memory the light color did not change with the software upgrade. The upgrade simply added in a few more fire mode options for the user to choose from. The primary semi, three, and FA modes from the trigger frame stayed the same....I could be wrong on that and will need to talk with one of my team mates for an exact answer on the updated 2.0 operation.

As for the gun not cycling...you really need to know what pressure your reg is putting out. Either a reg tester or another gun with a gauge on the verticle ASA. The Drone needs 110 to 120 psi to function properly.

I would seriously suggest taking a look at the Tactical Drone FAQ thread again as well. It has been sometime since you worked on this thing and a refresher may very well help you out greatly.

Last edited by Krazy8 : 11-19-2010 at 12:11 PM.