Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 PM #379
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by duos_scythe View Post
The house went into foreclosure. Not the estate.
Oh.

What's the difference?

CK member #04 (???)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2010, 01:34 PM #380
markcheb
surrender...don't move

I think technically a house can be part of an estate but it doesn't have to be the entirety of it. The estate would include any other assets such as bank accounts, other properties, interest in other properties, the furniture with the house....etc. Things along that nature.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 10-20-2010, 01:44 PM #381
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
I think technically a house can be part of an estate but it doesn't have to be the entirety of it. The estate would include any other assets such as bank accounts, other properties, interest in other properties, the furniture with the house....etc. Things along that nature.
h!
IDK why it didn't make sense before. LL

CK member #04 (???)
Old 10-20-2010, 01:50 PM #382
markcheb
surrender...don't move

It's much earlier in the day there than it is here.

Jet lag. Maybe we're just more awake.

You seen that commercial with the baby in the stroller zooming across the country? I think it's a printer commercial.
ChristKrew #185
Old 10-20-2010, 01:53 PM #383
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
It's much earlier in the day there than it is here.

Jet lag. Maybe we're just more awake.

You seen that commercial with the baby in the stroller zooming across the country? I think it's a printer commercial.
been up since 5am (that's like 7am there, no?) I just need to work and not try to FB, PBN and do work all at once. lol

and no, I haven't. don't really watch much tv these days. just a couple of shows here and there.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 10-20-2010, 02:06 PM #384
Mastermind26
We are moons

Sorry for the double post but, is it me or has pbn's religion/philosophy topics gone down hill? I mean, where are all the good debates and topics?

CK member #04 (???)
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM #385
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Even the trolls got sick of the trolls I think. Been like that for a while now.

Wil gonna try to send you a link to a friends note on FB. Heartbreaking but this is what we, and he, are up against.
ChristKrew #185
Old 10-20-2010, 02:09 PM #386
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Wil gonna try to send you a link to a friends note on FB. Heartbreaking but this is what we, and he, are up against.
ok, but my time is limited during and after lunch (almost time for me). so I might have to read it at home....ok?

gtg people. have a great day, be a blessing and walk with the King!

CK member #04 (???)
Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM #387
markcheb
surrender...don't move

Whenever you get a chance, just thought Id share it with ya. Have a great day yourself. God bless.

*** edit

My day would be way great if I had a Hot Mag body and rail combo like in this posting at AOG.

ChristKrew #185

Last edited by markcheb : 10-20-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:53 PM #388
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind26 View Post
Sorry for the double post but, is it me or has pbn's religion/philosophy topics gone down hill? I mean, where are all the good debates and topics?
Indeed. No longer anything good to talk about.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM #389
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
PbN as a whole has gone well downhill. I only come here for a few subscribed threads and R/P now, which I still barely ever post in.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:05 PM #390
Mastermind26
We are moons

My gmail account was hacked.

So be forewarned: you will be getting email from "me" saying to watch a self-video of my gf. DO NOT OPEN IT!

Stooopid hackers.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 10-20-2010, 05:12 PM #391
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsilentassassins View Post
Indeed. No longer anything good to talk about.
There are plenty of good philosophical topics to discuss, and greatly varying opinions on all of them, if someone would make the thread and then people would care to discuss it.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:30 PM #392
Dynamopbers

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Not to butt in but (my response in red):

He is there in a lot of places but you must be open to Him? God is in the image of man, or man is in the image of God, however you put it, one exists with the other. Wheres the room for anything else? Wheres the room for the stuff from here in heaven...seems to get no love.

Completely wrong I'm afraid. God is not in many places. God is NOT the image of man or in it, nor is man in the image of God.

Gen. 5:1-3a
1 This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.
2 He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.
3 And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image,...

The image of God was lost once sin entered the world. What is left is a void. That part of man that causes him to seek, to worship to recognize his limitations and the existence of a supreme being.

God seems like he likes the man a lot more than things, why is that? We are more special? Of course!
In terms of agreement, I do concur.

Do you honestly think we are more important than what is around us? Or should there even be a question of the importance. This ideology has severe repercussions to the quality of human life by this stance, undoubtedly I mean c'mon what kinda ego ya got right.
What happens is that MAN gets conceited. A human fault not a godly one. It does not originate from Him, so it is not produced by anything other than us.

I hope that helps to clear up some of the misconceptions.
And my apologies for responding inside your post.
First answer: So what is God? As defined by the Bible? He sounds like a lot of things, he transforms a lot it seems.

To think that X amount of years everything has been around us and God put us here for 100,000 years or so, we are minute on the scale. We are one of his games that hes playing? In which he has no control over because we have free will but he left us a "follow these steps to get into heaven" list/book. Sounds like the Truman Show sort of. Have you ever heard God is Dead?(in addition: now Zen is the only truth) For once, expand your mind without God, he won't be hurt, cuz your bound to sin, and meditate.

In response to the last two in red...what do you think of people who are enlightened? Are they wackjobs who think they found something? Are they perhaps seeking a life seperate from ego and clutter of thoughts of the mind, making them in tune with existence?

Or better yet, watch some youtube videos of George Carlin, hes on the right track and has a more blunt and humorous way of putting it.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM #393
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamopbers View Post
First answer: So what is God? As defined by the Bible? He sounds like a lot of things, he transforms a lot it seems.

In response to the last two in red...what do you think of people who are enlightened? Are they wackjobs who think they found something? Are they perhaps seeking a life seperate from ego and clutter of thoughts of the mind, making them in tune with existence?
Must God be static?

Enlightened people, I think, have achieved a higher state of consciousness, possibly the highest, but I'm not sure. I don't even know what a "state of consciousness" is. They could simply be what Maslow calls "Self-realizing." They could also one who has or has the perception that he has found absolute truth. But I would doubt that definition, based on my own views.

What is "existence"? What is "reality"? What is "consciousness," and why are humans conscious? Could it be this is what enlightened men know? Perhaps they have seen past the physical manifestations of the perceptions of reality into what reality truly are? (I think that if I were to know the answer to any of these questions, I would assuredly lose my remaining sanity, but then again, maybe life would be meaningful then. "Creating" personal meaning is not enough for me, it seems, mostly because, in all my thoughts, I can't find anything that is truly meaningful to me)

Perhaps there are multiple levels of enlightenment, and perhaps one can phase in and out of enlightenment. All of this speculation depends on the definition of enlightenment, though.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:20 PM #394
Dynamopbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
Must God be static?

Enlightened people, I think, have achieved a higher state of consciousness, possibly the highest, but I'm not sure. I don't even know what a "state of consciousness" is. They could simply be what Maslow calls "Self-realizing." They could also one who has or has the perception that he has found absolute truth. But I would doubt that definition, based on my own views.

What is "existence"? What is "reality"? What is "consciousness," and why are humans conscious? Could it be this is what enlightened men know? Perhaps they have seen past the physical manifestations of the perceptions of reality into what reality truly are? (I think that if I were to know the answer to any of these questions, I would assuredly lose my remaining sanity, but then again, maybe life would be meaningful then. "Creating" personal meaning is not enough for me, it seems, mostly because, in all my thoughts, I can't find anything that is truly meaningful to me)

Perhaps there are multiple levels of enlightenment, and perhaps one can phase in and out of enlightenment. All of this speculation depends on the definition of enlightenment, though.
The man doesn't have to be static, but it kind of losses its validity when you say, this, that, oh yeah and my feeling of him. That to me sounds like existence. If you notice, enlightened people do not publicize their enlightenment and want to tell it to the world, they let the world be. They do not try and change the world for that is irrelevant to their life (not that I'm enlightened).

Existence is all in this one universe, it encompasses my self. Reality is irrelevant as its subjective. Consciousness is the awareness of being in the universe. They do not see past physical manifestations, they see what you see, really. Their experience of it is vastly different.

Why is it that if a crowd of people were to meditate in a city, that city would change over time...its proven. What has a mass prayer done?

Energies are flowing everywhere, we do not see them...we can only experience them.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 PM #395
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
The man doesn't have to be static, but it kind of losses its validity when you say, this, that, oh yeah and my feeling of him. That to me sounds like existence. If you notice, enlightened people do not publicize their enlightenment and want to tell it to the world, they let the world be. They do not try and change the world for that is irrelevant to their life (not that I'm enlightened).
I do not believe God to be dynamic, merely questioning why it couldn't be.
Quote:
Existence is all in this one universe, it encompasses my self. Reality is irrelevant as its subjective. Consciousness is the awareness of being in the universe. They do not see past physical manifestations, they see what you see, really. Their experience of it is vastly different.
From where are you getting this seemingly objective definitions?

reality isn't irrelevant as we are living in it (or at least a perception of it), however, I agree that it is subjective.

How do you know cells, or inanimate objects, are not aware of being in the universe? More so, does self-awareness amount to nothing in consciousness? Is there a collective consciousness?

Do you really know the answer to these questions, or are you substituting your own perceptions and beliefs for the answers?
Quote:
Why is it that if a crowd of people were to meditate in a city, that city would change over time...its proven. What has a mass prayer done?

Energies are flowing everywhere, we do not see them...we can only experience them.
Unconscious or subconscious change in thought patterns or activity norms to make a prayer a physical reality? Why do you suppose that, even if a prayer is not answered, things still change? Is the act of asking a prayer alone enough, does the fact that the prayer is unanswered also affect things, or would they change in that anyway? i personally believe the answer to the last question at least to be "no."

Sorry for the massive flow of questions. I am at a stage where I truly and honestly question anything and everything, and the worst part is that I am aware that all of the questions I just asked and most any question ever asked that means anything have no concrete answer. My life for the past three years has been a great expansion of knowledge and understanding, and, with it, a gradual to steep downhill slope in... well, myself. Which goes to prove that my ways are self-destructive.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM #396
Dynamopbers

Quote:
I do not believe God to be dynamic, merely questioning why it couldn't be.

From where are you getting this seemingly objective definitions?

Myself

reality isn't irrelevant as we are living in it (or at least a perception of it), however, I agree that it is subjective.

is there reality or is there one reality? one is an odd number

How do you know cells, or inanimate objects, are not aware of being in the universe? More so, does self-awareness amount to nothing in consciousness? Is there a collective consciousness?

everything is connected in this universe

Do you really know the answer to these questions, or are you substituting your own perceptions and beliefs for the answers?

Unconscious or subconscious change in thought patterns or activity norms to make a prayer a physical reality? Why do you suppose that, even if a prayer is not answered, things still change? Is the act of asking a prayer alone enough, does the fact that the prayer is unanswered also affect things, or would they change in that anyway? i personally believe the answer to the last question at least to be "no."

I suppose if the question was rerooted, if done in a consistant, completely optional manner, what are the results? Different in my experience. We can devote our time and belief into anything if we truely mean it..But thats as obvious as the first question. These are questions of the mind, existence does not know of the mind, we know of existence and it knows us .

Sorry for the massive flow of questions. I am at a stage where I truly and honestly question anything and everything, and the worst part is that I am aware that all of the questions I just asked and most any question ever asked that means anything have no concrete answer. My life for the past three years has been a great expansion of knowledge and understanding, and, with it, a gradual to steep downhill slope in... well, myself. Which goes to prove that my ways are self-destructive.

"To recognise the fact that you don’t know is the most difficult thing a man can do. but, in fact, a very manly thing. When you do it you have become for the first time a real man. Before it you were just pseudo, phony. And this knowledge gives you a false sense of knowing, but it never transforms your life. It never really gives anything to you. You know what is good, but you do what is not good. You know anger is bad, but you go on being angry."

Keep expanding and doubt everything bud. It makes sense that it doesnt make sense right..
my bad its on the quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:02 PM #397
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:

To think that X amount of years everything has been around us and God put us here for 100,000 years or so, we are minute on the scale. We are one of his games that hes playing? In which he has no control over because we have free will but he left us a "follow these steps to get into heaven" list/book. Sounds like the Truman Show sort of. Have you ever heard God is Dead?(in addition: now Zen is the only truth) For once, expand your mind without God, he won't be hurt, cuz your bound to sin, and meditate.

Or better yet, watch some youtube videos of George Carlin, hes on the right track and has a more blunt and humorous way of putting it.
To answer, you'd have to answer my questions to you first. That is how we can gauge each other.

If you conveniently ignore my questions but push on with yours, then I am assuming you want no dialogue but simply an audience to push your ideals/ideas on.

If you answer with a question(s), then I am assuming you are dancing around and not really trying to have a dialogue either.

CK member #04 (???)
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 PM #398
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Myself
An admirable position. What can you trust except for yourself? Except, well... nothing, of course.
Quote:
is there reality or is there one reality? one is an odd number
Is there are difference? There is reality, and then perceptions of that reality. The real question is whether any of the perceptions of reality match reality itself.
Quote:
everything is connected in this universe
I would be inclined to agree.
Quote:
These are questions of the mind, existence does not know of the mind, we know of existence and it knows us .
I am confused by this. Does the mind exist separately from the human? From the Self?
Quote:

"To recognise the fact that you don’t know is the most difficult thing a man can do. but, in fact, a very manly thing. When you do it you have become for the first time a real man. Before it you were just pseudo, phony. And this knowledge gives you a false sense of knowing, but it never transforms your life. It never really gives anything to you. You know what is good, but you do what is not good. You know anger is bad, but you go on being angry."

Keep expanding and doubt everything bud. It makes sense that it doesnt make sense right..
Is it really? It makes sense, sure, but does it accomplish anything? Is it any worse to put misplaced trust in some falsely objective system?

But what do I truly know? Or anyone? None of the questions that are worth anything can be answered. Existence is gross, debasing, worthless, and it makes no sense that people should have any sort of desire to continue living for years on this earth, or that they would even wish to live longer, cursing death... would you choose existence over nonexistence? And why is it that people have children? Is not everything in life motivated by selfishness. But I am a man among wolves, who desires to leave and escape their grasp, but at the same time, I am utterly powerless, as are they, and at the same time, though they indulge in everything I find contemptible, I can not hold back my own desires. So what are we?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 AM #399
markcheb
surrender...don't move

I'd say confused.

But then again, how could that be objective?

Just giving you hard time Casey. Life is long and you are young. I and I assume Wil and many others know many people, right now, who were on a spiritual quest and filled with angst 20 yrs ago that have found purpose and fulfillment and joy in life. (I shudder to imagine how many people I gave headaches to over my own "wanderings". Some I still make roll their eyes, but they deserve it and I get a chuckle out of it) Sometimes this is how men become men.

There are things and people that can be trusted. Nuff said.

Ecclesiastes - read it.

Wil - I kinda have arrived to the same opinion of dynamoboy myself, hopefully someday in his quest for knowledge and understanding he'll learn to listen to and try to understand people from their perspective. I'm afraid until then, he'll only "look within" to understand others.

Quote:
So do you believe that the universe has been here for an infinite amount of time?
I'm not sure ST/A would want a bunch o' christians filling up their thread so...
Isn't time just a part of the universe? Seems to me that finite and infinite are terms that are lacking.. whatever, when considering the subject.

Prayer request: I have an interview later and I could really use the job, any job really. And even though I applied for one position at the same time it could be for another that I have training in, but haven't done in a looong time. Just could use some prayer support. Thanks ?Krew.
ChristKrew #185

Last edited by markcheb : 10-21-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Closed Thread