Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 AM #1
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Hitler? Saddam? Wtf..

What the hell is up with this ad depicting the likes of Hitler, Saddam, and a bunch of other mass murderers and dictators advertising nicky t's mustache competition? I saw it earlier and kind of passed over it, but I think one of my good friends on facebook says it best:

Quote:
The NPPL has proven yet again that all that glitters isn't gold. In a city of golden finishes on plaster frames they show that they're less classy than the strippers with c-section scars. Next to their webcast they have a short flash object. In this object the images of Saddam Husain, Adolph Hitler, Idi Amin, the Ayatollah Khamenei, Kim Jung Il, Chairman Mao, and Muammar Al-Gaddafi; it then shows an image of Nicky T with a fake mustache and mentions how evil is coming back to the desert. I know Nicky didn't have anything to do with it, he's a super classy guy (who is currently in the middle of an epic mustache-off for charity) but I think we all see that the league severely misses Camille. I suppose it's suppose to be funny, but mass murder isn't something that is EVER in good taste. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the, collective, millions of people who died at the hands of these men would have gladly given up their lives and happily allowed their children to be slaughtered all in the name of a cheap laugh. Good game kids. Good freaking game.
I highly advise you replace that ad with something much more tasteful..especially when it's for a cause like cancer. As it stands right now, I have no intention of ever playing in the NPPL if this is the image it chooses to give itself.

Little_PB_Newb is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2010, 02:51 AM #2
Alamo PB
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minnesota
I agree, with Little_PB_Newb, poor taste is an understatement when we (tourney players) have been fighting the mock military stereotype, now the NPPL is advertising with Dr. Evil and a few mass murderers.....how do you expect paintball to be accepted by outside people (new players, outside sponsors, new companies) which can bring in more money and help the sport grow when this is what your advertising?
__________________
Farmland Paintball Club Member since 2003
If you have to cheat to win you've already lost.
Alamo PB is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 03:54 AM #3
FlashZ33
REVO
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MD
 has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
lol who gives a ****
__________________
FlashZ33 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 04:02 AM #4
Nokia6618
 
 
Nokia6618's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Annual Supporting Member
Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Poor taste.. What is next ? A laser engraving on a gun showing hitler ? I love the freedom of speech, but still this is very very bad taste..
__________________
Maurice van den akker - MS TV Webcast commentator
Nokia6618 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM #5
yeahthatsme
hung
 
yeahthatsme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern Illinois
 has been a member for 10 years
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
Oh come on people, it also includes Jabba the Hut. Get over yourselves.
__________________
618
Broseidon, King of the Brocean
yeahthatsme is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM #6
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
so because it includes a fictional character it's all alright?
Little_PB_Newb is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM #7
m3s0h0rn7
-//-
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Agreed. I am requesting a statement to be posted on the NPPL's behalf to explain this.
m3s0h0rn7 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM #8
Drizzy Drake Rogers
Legends never die.
 
Drizzy Drake Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
You guys are ****ing babies. Grow a pair.
__________________
you lil' *****
Drizzy Drake Rogers is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:44 PM #9
dye4protoballer
 
 
dye4protoballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Orlando FL
dye4protoballer plays in the PSP
dye4protoballer plays in the APPA D5 division
its a picture whats the big deal?
__________________
This is Greg
dye4protoballer is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM #10
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
if you cannot see the issue I have with this then please click the back button on your browser.
Little_PB_Newb is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:49 PM #11
Drizzy Drake Rogers
Legends never die.
 
Drizzy Drake Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
We can see the issue. It's calling growing thicker skin. It's obviously a satirical picture. It's people like you who ruin all the fun.
__________________
you lil' *****
Drizzy Drake Rogers is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM #12
m3s0h0rn7
-//-
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
You guys are ****ing babies. Grow a pair.
So the hardworking staff, refs, athletes, coaches, fans, families, vendors, media partners, inter-industry professionals and everyone else should "grow a pair" and support genocide after millions of dollars and thousands of man hours spent? Yeah, real cool.

You're right in some sense- they should grow a pair and ask for the facts behind this story, as well as a resignation for whoever let this slide.
m3s0h0rn7 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM #13
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
If you consider the holocaust fun then by all means go jump in a time machine and experience it first hand
Little_PB_Newb is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:55 PM #14
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor
 
weltmaker2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: America's hat
 has been a member for 10 years
weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
Im surprised that some of the users of this forum can even identify some of these people.
__________________
weltmaker2000 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 PM #15
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's
 
paintball_chick407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: the 4077 trenches!
paintball_chick407 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintball_chick407 supports our troops
paintball_chick407 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
We can see the issue. It's calling growing thicker skin. It's obviously a satirical picture. It's people like you who ruin all the fun.
It's not ruining the fun, it's a pointless use of offensive material. Are they attempting to say Nicky is evil? That the NPPL is evil? That paintball is evil? There was no need for it. Genocide isn't funny, and I'm sorry you can't seem to understand basic decency. I'm ever so glad that you, an over privileged child can tell others to grow a thicker skin. If they wanted to do it as satire, than why not use all fictitious villans?
Do you even know who Gaddafi is? Nono, don't alt-tab and Wikipedia it. If the NPPL is trying to show this professional league shouldn't they at least try to look professional?
__________________
Meme: half girl robot, half tucker // http://www.forgottenmusemedia.com/
http://www.MemeMader.com http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...94&ref=profile http://www.twitter.com/mara8of8war
Dchuck79
"keep me buzzed and i'll love you all forever...
except i'll love meme more because she has mommy parts..."
paintball_chick407 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:25 PM #16
Drizzy Drake Rogers
Legends never die.
 
Drizzy Drake Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
It's a picture of ****ing hitler. It's not saying "Support Genocide and Facism!!" Its just a picture. By your logic we should burn all textbooks with pictures of Hitler because its offensive, hell, any news outlet that posts pictures of 9/11 supports terrorism!!
__________________
you lil' *****
Drizzy Drake Rogers is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 PM #17
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
It's a picture of ****ing hitler. It's not saying "Support Genocide and Facism!!" Its just a picture. By your logic we should burn all textbooks with pictures of Hitler because its offensive, hell, any news outlet that posts pictures of 9/11 supports terrorism!!
how does having textbooks burned have anything to do with "my logic"? there's a world of difference between a cancer research fundraising ad and factual history texts..please, you're embarrassing yourself.
Little_PB_Newb is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:37 PM #18
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com
 
Little_PB_Newb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Not sure where you're getting 15 from but the maturity level seems to be lacking a lot more on your end than mine..Seeing as none of your arguments have any backing other than out-of-the-blue assumptions and cussing to emphasize your points.
Little_PB_Newb is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:39 PM #19
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's
 
paintball_chick407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: the 4077 trenches!
paintball_chick407 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintball_chick407 supports our troops
paintball_chick407 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
It's a picture of ****ing hitler. It's not saying "Support Genocide and Facism!!" Its just a picture. By your logic we should burn all textbooks with pictures of Hitler because its offensive, hell, any news outlet that posts pictures of 9/11 supports terrorism!!
They're saying that Nicky/NPPL/Paintball is evil, they don't imply it, they say it. By my logic? Did you even read what I wrote? It's not just a picture of Hitler, it's a series of pictures of some of the most recognizably evil people in the history.I mean if someone, not associated with the NPPL, had posted that same thing, I'm sure many people at the NPPL would consider it beyond offensive. Would you want to be associated with a league that openly compares it's recognizable employees to mass murders? No. A PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE SHOULD BEHAVE PROFESSIONALLY.

You realize that the majority of textbooks and media news outlets use pictures and information of those who commit such crimes to stop what they're doing or to deter them from happening in the future?
__________________
Meme: half girl robot, half tucker // http://www.forgottenmusemedia.com/
http://www.MemeMader.com http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...94&ref=profile http://www.twitter.com/mara8of8war
Dchuck79
"keep me buzzed and i'll love you all forever...
except i'll love meme more because she has mommy parts..."
paintball_chick407 is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:39 PM #20
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...
 
Ri0T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Ri0T is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
Kid, you're like 15 years old. Shut the **** up. The point is. It's a picture. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just showing a moustache, its not promoting hitler or fascism. You're blowing this way out of proportion. YOU are the one embarassing yourself. Stay in school kiddo.
Perhaps you should stay in school. I can see exactly why it is in poor form. There were many other ways to advertise such without using images of mass murderers and people guilty of attempting genocide.

It's just unnecessary when they could have kept up with the fictional evil characters and made nearly the same advertisement.

This isn't South Park. We don't expect the NPPL to be offending everyone they can. I'd be in favor of them pulling down the advertisement and replacing it with something more appropriate.
Ri0T is offline  
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM #21
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's
 
paintball_chick407's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: the 4077 trenches!
paintball_chick407 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintball_chick407 supports our troops
paintball_chick407 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
Kid, you're like 15 years old. Shut the **** up. The point is. It's a picture. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just showing a moustache, its not promoting hitler or fascism. You're blowing this way out of proportion. YOU are the one embarassing yourself. Stay in school kiddo.
So mass murders with mustaches should make other people want to give money to help with cancer research? For those of us who don't hold up some vapid, meaningless rapper as what we want to be, for those of use who happen to be able to name more than just one persona in that series of pictures, for us this isn't just a poor attempt to be funny. I see you're resorting to belittling to try to reinforce your argument, but you obviously don't have a grasp of the actual offense here.
__________________
Meme: half girl robot, half tucker // http://www.forgottenmusemedia.com/
http://www.MemeMader.com http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...94&ref=profile http://www.twitter.com/mara8of8war
Dchuck79
"keep me buzzed and i'll love you all forever...
except i'll love meme more because she has mommy parts..."
paintball_chick407 is offline  
 


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump