Old 10-09-2010, 02:28 AM #1
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Little_PB_Newb is a Paintball photographer
Little_PB_Newb donated to help Peyton Trent
Little_PB_Newb supports Team VICIOUS
Little_PB_Newb plays in the APPA beginner division
Hitler? Saddam? Wtf..

What the hell is up with this ad depicting the likes of Hitler, Saddam, and a bunch of other mass murderers and dictators advertising nicky t's mustache competition? I saw it earlier and kind of passed over it, but I think one of my good friends on facebook says it best:

Quote:
The NPPL has proven yet again that all that glitters isn't gold. In a city of golden finishes on plaster frames they show that they're less classy than the strippers with c-section scars. Next to their webcast they have a short flash object. In this object the images of Saddam Husain, Adolph Hitler, Idi Amin, the Ayatollah Khamenei, Kim Jung Il, Chairman Mao, and Muammar Al-Gaddafi; it then shows an image of Nicky T with a fake mustache and mentions how evil is coming back to the desert. I know Nicky didn't have anything to do with it, he's a super classy guy (who is currently in the middle of an epic mustache-off for charity) but I think we all see that the league severely misses Camille. I suppose it's suppose to be funny, but mass murder isn't something that is EVER in good taste. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the, collective, millions of people who died at the hands of these men would have gladly given up their lives and happily allowed their children to be slaughtered all in the name of a cheap laugh. Good game kids. Good freaking game.
I highly advise you replace that ad with something much more tasteful..especially when it's for a cause like cancer. As it stands right now, I have no intention of ever playing in the NPPL if this is the image it chooses to give itself.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2010, 02:51 AM #2
Alamo PB

I agree, with Little_PB_Newb, poor taste is an understatement when we (tourney players) have been fighting the mock military stereotype, now the NPPL is advertising with Dr. Evil and a few mass murderers.....how do you expect paintball to be accepted by outside people (new players, outside sponsors, new companies) which can bring in more money and help the sport grow when this is what your advertising?
Old 10-09-2010, 03:54 AM #3
FlashZ33
REVO

has been a member for 10 years
FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D2 division
lol who gives a ****
Old 10-09-2010, 04:02 AM #4
Nokia6618

Annual Supporting Member
Nokia6618 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Poor taste.. What is next ? A laser engraving on a gun showing hitler ? I love the freedom of speech, but still this is very very bad taste..
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM #5
yeahthatsme
hung

yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
Oh come on people, it also includes Jabba the Hut. Get over yourselves.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 PM #6
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

so because it includes a fictional character it's all alright?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 PM #7
m3s0h0rn7
-//-

Agreed. I am requesting a statement to be posted on the NPPL's behalf to explain this.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM #8
Drizzy Drake Rogers
Legends never die.

You guys are ****ing babies. Grow a pair.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:44 PM #9
dye4protoballer

dye4protoballer plays in the PSP
dye4protoballer plays in the APPA D5 division
its a picture whats the big deal?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM #10
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

if you cannot see the issue I have with this then please click the back button on your browser.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:49 PM #11
Drizzy Drake Rogers
Legends never die.

We can see the issue. It's calling growing thicker skin. It's obviously a satirical picture. It's people like you who ruin all the fun.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM #12
m3s0h0rn7
-//-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzy Drake Rogers View Post
You guys are ****ing babies. Grow a pair.
So the hardworking staff, refs, athletes, coaches, fans, families, vendors, media partners, inter-industry professionals and everyone else should "grow a pair" and support genocide after millions of dollars and thousands of man hours spent? Yeah, real cool.

You're right in some sense- they should grow a pair and ask for the facts behind this story, as well as a resignation for whoever let this slide.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:53 PM #13
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

If you consider the holocaust fun then by all means go jump in a time machine and experience it first hand
Old 10-09-2010, 12:55 PM #14
weltmaker2000
Rickfactor

weltmaker2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
weltmaker2000 supports Team VICIOUS
Im surprised that some of the users of this forum can even identify some of these people.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 PM #15
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's

paintball_chick407 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintball_chick407 supports our troops
paintball_chick407 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
We can see the issue. It's calling growing thicker skin. It's obviously a satirical picture. It's people like you who ruin all the fun.
It's not ruining the fun, it's a pointless use of offensive material. Are they attempting to say Nicky is evil? That the NPPL is evil? That paintball is evil? There was no need for it. Genocide isn't funny, and I'm sorry you can't seem to understand basic decency. I'm ever so glad that you, an over privileged child can tell others to grow a thicker skin. If they wanted to do it as satire, than why not use all fictitious villans?
Do you even know who Gaddafi is? Nono, don't alt-tab and Wikipedia it. If the NPPL is trying to show this professional league shouldn't they at least try to look professional?
"keep me buzzed and i'll love you all forever...
except i'll love meme more because she has mommy parts..."
Old 10-09-2010, 01:25 PM #16
Drizzy Drake Rogers
Legends never die.

It's a picture of ****ing hitler. It's not saying "Support Genocide and Facism!!" Its just a picture. By your logic we should burn all textbooks with pictures of Hitler because its offensive, hell, any news outlet that posts pictures of 9/11 supports terrorism!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 PM #17
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Quote:
It's a picture of ****ing hitler. It's not saying "Support Genocide and Facism!!" Its just a picture. By your logic we should burn all textbooks with pictures of Hitler because its offensive, hell, any news outlet that posts pictures of 9/11 supports terrorism!!
how does having textbooks burned have anything to do with "my logic"? there's a world of difference between a cancer research fundraising ad and factual history texts..please, you're embarrassing yourself.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:37 PM #18
Little_PB_Newb
www.jamesrphoto.com

Not sure where you're getting 15 from but the maturity level seems to be lacking a lot more on your end than mine..Seeing as none of your arguments have any backing other than out-of-the-blue assumptions and cussing to emphasize your points.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:39 PM #19
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's

Quote:
They're saying that Nicky/NPPL/Paintball is evil, they don't imply it, they say it. By my logic? Did you even read what I wrote? It's not just a picture of Hitler, it's a series of pictures of some of the most recognizably evil people in the history.I mean if someone, not associated with the NPPL, had posted that same thing, I'm sure many people at the NPPL would consider it beyond offensive. Would you want to be associated with a league that openly compares it's recognizable employees to mass murders? No. A PROFESSIONAL LEAGUE SHOULD BEHAVE PROFESSIONALLY.

You realize that the majority of textbooks and media news outlets use pictures and information of those who commit such crimes to stop what they're doing or to deter them from happening in the future?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:39 PM #20
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
Quote:
Kid, you're like 15 years old. Shut the **** up. The point is. It's a picture. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just showing a moustache, its not promoting hitler or fascism. You're blowing this way out of proportion. YOU are the one embarassing yourself. Stay in school kiddo.
Perhaps you should stay in school. I can see exactly why it is in poor form. There were many other ways to advertise such without using images of mass murderers and people guilty of attempting genocide.

It's just unnecessary when they could have kept up with the fictional evil characters and made nearly the same advertisement.

This isn't South Park. We don't expect the NPPL to be offending everyone they can. I'd be in favor of them pulling down the advertisement and replacing it with something more appropriate.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM #21
paintball_chick407
Ya, they're DD's

Quote:
Kid, you're like 15 years old. Shut the **** up. The point is. It's a picture. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just showing a moustache, its not promoting hitler or fascism. You're blowing this way out of proportion. YOU are the one embarassing yourself. Stay in school kiddo.
So mass murders with mustaches should make other people want to give money to help with cancer research? For those of us who don't hold up some vapid, meaningless rapper as what we want to be, for those of use who happen to be able to name more than just one persona in that series of pictures, for us this isn't just a poor attempt to be funny. I see you're resorting to belittling to try to reinforce your argument, but you obviously don't have a grasp of the actual offense here.