Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-30-2010, 08:09 PM #1
B3ARC1AW

Question About Barrels

I going to start off by saying this is not a ______ vs. ______ question, so for all you mods, don't get all pissy and tell me to read the rules. I'm merely looking for information about some barrels.

I'm looking into getting a new barrel and have a question. What is the weight of the stock barrel, a cp 14" and a 14" CF Nightstick?

I know that buying a new barrel won't improve accuracy as much as just buying paint that will fit my barrel better. But I want a lighter barrel than the stock one.

Does the lower weight of a CP barrel or Nightstick really make a noticable difference? Or is it not wroth spending 30-50 dollars just to save a few ounces?

Thanks in advance for the answers everybody.
B3ARC1AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 PM #2
jerz_pn0y
Mini #844

jerz_pn0y helped look for balloons
jerz_pn0y owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
if you post in the barrel section they might be able to give you a better answer on the weights. for the weight of the stock barrel if you can, you should weigh it out yourself. for the other part of your question thats ultimately up to you and how much you want to spend.

Rocking the Ego, DM, and Mini
Jersey Authority FC 89
jerz_pn0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:24 PM #3
B3ARC1AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz_pn0y View Post
if you post in the barrel section they might be able to give you a better answer on the weights. for the weight of the stock barrel if you can, you should weigh it out yourself. for the other part of your question thats ultimately up to you and how much you want to spend.
Thanks, I'll go ask in that section. I'd weigh the barrel out myself, but I don't have a scale that is accurate enough to give me the weight in ounces. I only have one that you would measure yourself on and stuff.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 PM #4
jerz_pn0y
Mini #844

jerz_pn0y helped look for balloons
yea i dont have a scale myself so i cant help you out there. maybe someone will come on here and give you the weight of it.

Rocking the Ego, DM, and Mini
Jersey Authority FC 89
jerz_pn0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 PM #5
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
i have shot my mini's with the stock barrels, cp's, freaks and the invert cf barrel. the weight difference was barely noticeable while playing. i will say just holding the barrels in your hand next to one another the cf is by far the lightest. but i didn't notice anything while playing. hope that helped.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM #6
asiansensation77
hello.

asiansensation77 supports Team VICIOUS
asiansensation77 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
i have shot my mini's with the stock barrels, cp's, freaks and the invert cf barrel. the weight difference was barely noticeable while playing. i will say just holding the barrels in your hand next to one another the cf is by far the lightest. but i didn't notice anything while playing. hope that helped.
Yeah, when your playing, you cannot tell a weight difference. I would suggest a cp one piece .685 bore. Very consistent and accurate barrel.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM #7
B3ARC1AW

Quote:
i have shot my mini's with the stock barrels, cp's, freaks and the invert cf barrel. the weight difference was barely noticeable while playing. i will say just holding the barrels in your hand next to one another the cf is by far the lightest. but i didn't notice anything while playing. hope that helped
That acually helps out a lot. I was hoping someone that has used all three barrels would post. If you can't tell a definate weight difference then to me it's not worth it. I guess I'll just stick with the stock barrel, it's accurate enough as it is. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 PM #8
Logan09

Logan09 supports Team VICIOUS
My scales say the stock barrel is 96 grams or 3.4 oz

XBL-loganovich09
Logan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM #9
GunCollector
REF

GunCollector owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I know this is not an answer to the question you asked. But I highly suggest a multi piece barrel system. as from my experience, and you seem to already know, that paint barrel match greatly effects the precision of the marker. so a barrel kit will allow you to any paint much more accurately than a single piece barrel. I know they can be expensive so save and wait .

If you are dead set on lightness, I have used a Deadlywind fibur barrel, it is light fairly quite and very nice.

Last edited by GunCollector : 10-06-2010 at 10:16 AM.
GunCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:51 PM #10
B3ARC1AW

Quote:
I know this is not an answer to the question you asked. But I highly suggest a multi piece barrel system. as from my experience, and you seem to already know, that paint barrel match greatly effects the precision of the marker. so a barrel kit will allow you to any paint much more accurately than a single piece barrel. I know they can be expensive so save and wait .

If you are dead set on lightness, I have used a Deadlywind fibur barrel, it is light fairly quite and very nice.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have no problem with the cost of a barrel kit, but the field I play at will only allow field paint, so there isn't really a need for me to get one since the paint bore will always be relatively the same. I might end up getting one though because the climate where I live(Washington) flucuates a lot with humidity, rain and heat in the summer. So I might end up buying a used barrel kit from someone with only the inserts I need. But until I find one I'll just stick with the stock barrel, it isn't that bad.