Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 PM #1
coozman

Shocker Noob Question

As a Shocker SFT noob I can get away with a little pleading of ignorance. Just got a Shocker SFT. Not sure which year can't find serial number. It came with a NoX NV bolt 1.5 (black version oval ports and four face ports), stock guide, sleeve and can. Seems that I get alot of stick and drop off if I don't lube the hell out of it. When I lube it up, the bolt seems to travel nicely. Is this bolt good enough or should I go to HE or Eigenbolt? Is it worth upgrading the can. Reg set at ~190 and dwell at 55 chirps.

Thanks,

Ron
coozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2010, 02:36 PM #2
MrJester
31337 Hax0r

Well you wouldnt want to go with an HE the NOX is better then that. The Eignebolt is a real probability though it is going to be the best bolt out there once its in full production.

honestly I dont recommend upgrading the Can not that big of a deal to me. There are others that may disagree.

Virginia Beach, VA ~ FREE AGENT

PO2//USN
MrJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 PM #3
peachesarenottasty

peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I would get Eigenbolt, upgrade to either a clear can or ndz ulp can (not sure which has a lower OP), maybe delrin bolt sleeve (if you find one and have the money). The serial number should be just behind the VA towards the rear or the marker, on the flat side of the frame. If it's not there I'm not sure where it would be (i dont have one on my marker). You may want to get an adjustable guide w/ tool less removal, and a spring mod would help with FSDO and drop off (if you can spring mod the nox bolt).
Old 09-12-2010, 02:53 PM #4
coozman

Thanks for the info. Now that I research more, looks like my marker may actually be a NXT. Don't know if it matter but the logo is on the tail end of the frame. Doesn't the SFT have it's logo mid-frame? How else can I identifty this marker????Love the marker either way
Old 09-12-2010, 03:07 PM #5
peachesarenottasty

peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
if you post a pic i could tell by looking at it whether or not its an nxt if you really want to know. as for any kinds of marking i'm not sure, pics are what i'm good at lol
Old 09-12-2010, 03:36 PM #6
The mielke way

Annual Supporting Member
An NXT will have small screws holding on the eye covers. And have eye covers on both sides. A SFT will have the threaded detent holding on a single eye cover on the right (as you are holding the marker).
The mielke way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:03 PM #7
coozman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mielke way View Post
An NXT will have small screws holding on the eye covers. And have eye covers on both sides. A SFT will have the threaded detent holding on a single eye cover on the right (as you are holding the marker).
Looks just like the one in this link from the PBN Shocker NXT thread.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:03 PM #8
MrJester
31337 Hax0r

Thats an NXT

PO2//USN
Old 09-12-2010, 05:53 PM #9
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Which brings up another question - are you sure that you have the Nox NV bolt? They are normally open faced, with an o-ring set in the tip, rather than having a ported face.

Is your bolt made of alloy, or nylatron? If I had to guess, I'd say alloy, and you actually have the stock HE bolt, which has a four port face.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:49 PM #10
coozman

Probably isn't a NoX bolt after all. Went to PBN guide for ID'ing the bolt and the only one close was the NoX. The one I have is indeed black.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:24 PM #11
MrJester
31337 Hax0r

Well if it is black and metal then I would take a stab at it prob being an HE bolt. If you want to pull that out and take some pics of that we could ID that for you as well.

PO2//USN
Old 09-18-2010, 08:25 PM #12
coozman

So I took my Shocker back to tech today. The drop off was more than that. It would fire for a bit and then slowly start losing pressure. Eventually would not cycle. We upped the dwell to 70 chirps... 17ms and the gun is firing fine now. It;s the stoock bolt and can so I guess I should just replace all of that. they had another Shocker in the shop and it was having the same problems. Odd!! So the next question is, which bolt? Do I wait for the Eigen or go with the NDZ Stinger...or just change the bolt with the TTech? So many choice. The nice thing is I can play in a game tomorrow with my Shocker. Thanks for the help, guys!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:54 PM #13
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
id wait for the eigenbolt if you can.. iv heard both good abd bad about the tect..
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:11 AM #14
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Results with the TechT seem mixed. As such, it's hard to give it a no questions asked recommendation. If you wanted an off the shelf bolt right now, I'd suggest the NDz Stinger V3M, which is spring ready, and get a spring from Rhino1XL.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 PM #15
coozman

Got to use my Shocker in a scenario yesterday. Worked well except for the FBDO. Luckily, the drop off is pretty quiet and once it cleared everythig worked well. Started out with stock All-American but every FBDO would break in the barrel since the paint (some RPS paint) was REALLY small. Switched to my Lapco Assault with the APEX tip and man was I getting long range! Dwell set at 17.5ms. 68/45 tank with a 4000 fill. 4 pods and a hopper and still had 1000 left. The marker is sweet but the kick and the FBDO was annoying. Thanks for the advice and help. With the Eigenbolt coming out soon I should be able to tweak it some more.

Last edited by coozman : 09-20-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Error
Old 09-20-2010, 10:23 PM #16
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
best way to fix fsdo is a sprung bolt, it will also allow you to lower your dwell..
or get a board with a fsdo/abs setting..
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:02 AM #17
239baller
robinhood was a thief

best way to get more performance out of your marker now is to get a new board.

the new virtue boards are pretty nice. and there cheep... only 100 bucks.
id get that first off then maybe get the eigen bolt later

"Originally posted by Nerobellum: it sounded like an angry chainsaw covered in rust and syphilis. "
239baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:06 PM #18
coozman

So here's another stupid question. I can't find any specific answer to my questions anywhere on the board so what the heck.

I got the NDZ bolt and can with the spring mod (probably know where I'm going already". I lubed and installed with the spring. The bolt set forward like it should. When I air up the bolt moves back. I can fire and watch the bolt spring forward but there is probably just enough pressure to get the bolt to cycle without firing completely. I put the stiock bolt back in and everything is fine. Did I install the bolt and spring correctly????

Bolt, can, sleeve, spring the end piece. There is also a little nylon piece that I think is the bumper??? Any ideas why I cannot get the NDZ firing can to take a full charge? Thanks again for the help, guys!

Last edited by coozman : 10-02-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Change
Old 10-02-2010, 07:43 PM #19
samuelkeesee12

Could be a couple of things. Take off the HE o-ring and try it. That o-ring could be catching in the front of the can. I would say to check your detents and battery, but you said the old bolt still works. Next I would say that it could be either too tight o-rings or too loose o-rings causing pneumatic lock-out. Check zdspb.com for info on pneumatic lock-out. The NDZ bolt is slightly smaller in outer diamater so your inner can o-rings may not be sealing well on the bolt, which can cause air to leak to another section of the gun. Also, does your gun have the bumper on it? Iff not put one on it. You may have also put too much lube on it. You could try to up the dwell a little and see what happens. Or try to up the pressure a little.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM #20
coozman

OK, thanks for the help. It is an o-ring issue. I swapped all the stock can rings onto the NDZ can and nothing, swapped all the original NDZ rings back and its firing a little better. I'll have to chrono in the morning. Tuff to do at night...LOl

Thanks for the point in the right direction!

Ron
Old 10-06-2010, 04:29 PM #21
psychoslayerer
^^yeah...im hittin that^^

lol not to shabby
psychoslayerer is offline   Reply With Quote