Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 PM #43
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiansensation77 View Post
What ever you do, NEVER EVER put the Input Pressure higher than 200 PSI (the guage on the ASA). Adjust the velocity from the back-cap.
Yep. Skimmed through the manual before I did anything to it . So if I do adjust it through the back-cap, the Input pressure will also increase/decrease, correct? I decided to go with what the manual said, and used the regulator to increase the pressure (got it out of the box, and shots were dropping from about 30 or so feet). Seemed to have fixed the issue. It was on 160 PSI and I bumped it up to 180. For future adjustments, I suppose I'll use the back-cap. Thanks again!
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 PM #44
TheEnglishGuy

Definitely don't take the Reg higher than 200 or you risk permanent damage to it. You can go down as low as 160 but it would require making adjustments to the back cap and dwell to get the FPS up. Check out the stickied threads for info on adjusting velocity, there's some great info there.

Also, I'd recommend putting Tri-Flow on the tank threads or maybe consider buying the new Empire Axe Reg with On/Off, so that you can have the tank screwed in all the way. If it's not in far enough you can have starvation issues when firing fast.

I'd also recommend looking into the third-party triggers, like CP or Violent. Much less side-to-side slop than the stock trigger and more adjustable.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:48 PM #45
ijinxd

Much thanks!
I currently use Core asa/bolt oil which works very well (got it pretty much free, so I may as well use it). The new asa/regs, although very nice and convenient, are too pricey for me at the moment. Oh well, I suppose I'll have to wait to get to a chrono. I was having some odd drop off, but I bumped the dwell up to 20 and it fixed it. Going to try dropping it to 18 and hope that works. Thanks guys!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM #46
ijinxd

Well, got the drop issue fixed (needed to bump up the dwell). Just curious, when you adjust your velocity using the back-cap, does that also turn up your pressure on your gauge? Or does adjusting velocity through the ASA/Reg only do that?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:01 PM #47
TheEnglishGuy

No, they're 2 separate things. The regulator adjustment is limiting the pressure of the air going into the marker, the rear cap allows you to increase/decrease the amount of air being let into the poppet.

English
TheEnglishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:53 PM #48
ijinxd

Ah okay. So that's why backcap adjustment works best for velocity.
Thanks a bunch!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:30 PM #49
ijinxd

Hm, just noticed something else that's odd.
Whenever my tank is low on air, the pressure on my gauge seems to spike up. For example, I filled my tank up to 3k psi last week and left the pressure on my Mini at 180 PSI. Now my tank is low on air (500 psi left) and the gauge on my Mini reads nearly around 195 PSI. Is that normal?
Oh, and another quick question. The more "out" the brass piece on the regulator/asa is, the less pressure your gauge will read correct? I just ran out of air, so I can't tell what my pressure was at, and I don't want to air up the Mini and blow something...
Thanks again!

Last edited by ijinxd : 09-27-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 PM #50
ijinxd

No one knows if this is normal? ^^^
Old 10-02-2010, 05:09 PM #51
asiansensation77
hello.

asiansensation77 supports Team VICIOUS
asiansensation77 posts videos on PbNation
If you back out the brass piece at the front of the regulator, you are decreasing pressure. Idk about the pressure spiking.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:15 PM #52
ijinxd

Hm, this is odd. I'll have to ask at my local shop then. Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 AM #53
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijinxd View Post
Hm, just noticed something else that's odd.
Whenever my tank is low on air, the pressure on my gauge seems to spike up. For example, I filled my tank up to 3k psi last week and left the pressure on my Mini at 180 PSI. Now my tank is low on air (500 psi left) and the gauge on my Mini reads nearly around 195 PSI. Is that normal?
Oh, and another quick question. The more "out" the brass piece on the regulator/asa is, the less pressure your gauge will read correct? I just ran out of air, so I can't tell what my pressure was at, and I don't want to air up the Mini and blow something...
Thanks again!
Well it isn't normal for it to spike 15psi when your tank is low, but then again, you shouldn't be shooting your gun with a tank that has less than around a 1000psi. I'm assuming you have a HP output tank, which would be like 800-850psi. So once your tank gets bellow 1000psi the tank reg can't really regulate the pressure properly. This might lead to the mini's regulator not working correctly, causing massive drop off, inconsistent velocity, and ball chopping. If your reg stays at 180psi when your tank is at normal operating pressure I wouldn't worry about anything.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:32 AM #54
ijinxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post
Well it isn't normal for it to spike 15psi when your tank is low, but then again, you shouldn't be shooting your gun with a tank that has less than around a 1000psi. I'm assuming you have a HP output tank, which would be like 800-850psi. So once your tank gets bellow 1000psi the tank reg can't really regulate the pressure properly. This might lead to the mini's regulator not working correctly, causing massive drop off, inconsistent velocity, and ball chopping. If your reg stays at 180psi when your tank is at normal operating pressure I wouldn't worry about anything.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying .