Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 PM #1
samuelkeesee12

Shocker velocity and reg question

I am pretty new to the NXT Shocker and I got a couple of questions. I just got a Nasty NXT with the ULP can. It has no spring ( already pre-ordered eigen bolt ) and I set the dwell to the point that I was actually getting a little second shot drop and then turned it up 1 ms. I turned the reg down to a little below 160 input and the gun wouldn't hardly fire. I was getting velocity readings below 200 fps.I turned the input back up to about 160 and it was shooting fine. The problem I'm having with this set-up at 160 input and a dwell of 12 ms (hater board) I cannot keep the velocity down below 300 fps. I was wondering iff a spring modded bolt would allow me to drop my dwell down some more to keep velocity down, and how low can you generally get the input pressure down on an NXT and get it to work? I know in the eigen bolt thread they said they could run it at 135 input. I didn't know iff my problem with the gun not shooting below 160 input was a problem with the reg, the gun, or just result of how a spool valve works.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:55 PM #2
tzzler44
Shocker Tech

tzzler44 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 is attending Decay of Nations VI
So just to clarify, you turn the reg below 160 and it won't shoot above 200, but if you go to 160 it chronographs at 300? I've had my shockers (sft and nxt) running at 280 fps with input of ~170 and dwell at 12 (both without springs at the time). When was the last time you swapped out orings?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 PM #3
samuelkeesee12

I just got the gun from ebay last week. It had a little leak so I replaced the o-ring in the front of the can and it fixed it. And yes, a little below 160 gives me 200 fps or less and when I turn it up to around 160, to get it to shoot right, it jumps right up over 300 fps.

I can try to change the battery cause I know that can cause inconsistant velocities, but I wouldn't think it would make a gun to shoot hot. Iff anything it should make a gun shoot weaker since the weaker battery may not be able to hold the solenoid open long enough.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 09-25-2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Double post.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote