Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM #1
NodTerrorist

Using the Mini in the rain?

Was out yesterday with my brother playing paintball at our local field. We both own Minis, and we were dominating the fields with them.

Partway through the day, it started raining. We weren't playing when it was pouring, but would start up again when it slowed down a bit. Partway through one of the games, we both had problems with our guns. I don't remember exactly what happened for him, but for me the gun would turn on, and would recognize that I was pulling the trigger, but would not shoot. If I turned the gun off, it would turn back on by itself after about 3-5 minutes with a solid red light.

We decided to call it a day and went home. We dried out the guns the best we could and also gave them additional time to dry out on their own and now they work fine once again.

Do you guys have any suggestions for using the Mini in the rain or should we just never use it when it is raining out? Also, any ideas what may have been going on with my gun? I've never seen it turn on by itself like that.
NodTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM #2
asiansensation77
hello.

asiansensation77 supports Team VICIOUS
asiansensation77 posts videos on PbNation
I would never use my Invert Mini in the rain.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:57 PM #3
rick_516

I've went through this before too. My board was ruined but thankfully invert replaced the board for no charge. Just keep a roll of tape in your bag. I small piece over the power button will lessen the chance of this happening again. I think for the most part the reason this happens is because of the way people hold their marker while not shooting. With you marker pointed down usually your hand will cover the power button on most guns. With the power button on the mini being in the front nothing is covering it when the marker is pointed down with one hand.

"Originally posted by paintballrdaking: WTF!!! Im trying to sell stuff and you post a MVP for $400! Somebody buy this thing ASAP!!! GL"
rick_516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:37 PM #4
splatzplayer
be4 there was speedball

splatzplayer is playing at Living Legends V
splatzplayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
splatzplayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
splatzplayer supports Pev's Paintball
splatzplayer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I've used mine in the rain many times doing nothing different with no problems
Sure Shot Factory #29
www.sureshotpb.com
08 PEVS DC Arsenal ego freak kit halo 48/4500, dm6 ul halo 48/4500, polished pf automag vl2000,polished minimag, 92 cocker redone by Bob Long in 93 uni reg green marble anno vl2000, kp pump VL90 pepper stick

I Have Cash For Your Leaking Highend Markers.

Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a whore for a hug.
"Paintball is EXACTLY like drugs: It's expensive, addictive, and it hurts everyone around you"-quote:samiswright
splatzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:43 PM #5
KappY!

KappY! supports Team VICIOUS
KappY! supports Team VICIOUS
KappY! has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
KappY! is attending Decay of Nations VI
The Mini's battery/board compartment is not waterproofed, so you will definitely get water in there if playing in the rain. Your best bet is to wrap it in electrical tape to give it some waterproofing. Also, cover the porting on your barrel, as well as some of the holes that lead to the bolt chamber, cause that will lead to the eye board. This will almost waterproof the entire marker. So next time you play in the rain, I hope it helps.
KappY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 PM #6
crosenberger15

I've had the same thing happen. Next time you may go out and your gun wont turn on. The board will get corroded very easily from the water. it might not happen right away but a few weeks down the road it may. you need to take alcohol on a swab and dab it on the button then press the button a bunch of times. eventually you'll get the corrosion out and it will work again.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 AM #7
FBHS RAINMAN
Σπ Sigma Pi

I've lost count of how many times that I have played in the rain with a mini. It has always worked well for me. That is weird.
FBHS RAINMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM #8
Logan09

Logan09 supports Team VICIOUS
How is it weird? He got electronics wet and electronics don't work when they get water on them.

XBL-loganovich09
Logan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 PM #9
asiansensation77
hello.

asiansensation77 supports Team VICIOUS
asiansensation77 posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBHS RAINMAN View Post
I've lost count of how many times that I have played in the rain with a mini. It has always worked well for me. That is weird.
Thats like bringing your plasma TV outside and watching it in the rain, and expecting nothing to break.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:44 AM #10
Chair01

Balloon over the foregrip, top it with electric tape. You cant make it totally waterproof, however.
Chair01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM #11
DBraxt

virtue boards are waterproof........