PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-31-2010, 03:09 PM #1
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
What if one of the greats tricked out your Cocker?

What if one of the greats did the work on the cocker you have? what if it was tricked out by one of the greats like Danny Love, Vu Hung or Bob Long?? I would look at that Cocker like a work of art from anyone of those masters. These are the guys that had the minds for some of the things that make are gats ripp today. So how would this affect the prices? and if so we should track down some of these Cockers that some of the greats performed magic on and put those Cockers in the hall of fame befour there gone not be seen again......If you thnk u have one that one of the Masters may have worked on post a pic of it so everyone can see the past and how these artist formed the future threw these guns....thnk u...im out

R.Kelly Image/Bmore
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2010, 03:24 PM #2
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
Milling increases the value, but just a gun tuned by said person isnt going to make a difference since the tune or timing has likely changed since the gun was first worked.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:39 PM #3
DeTrevni
Going fast with class!

Meh. I've always been of the opinion that working on my own stuff is not only more gratifying, but more educational as well. I've never once had sent in a marker to have it tuned or fixed. I'll look up what needs to be done, and I'll do it. I am now familiar enough with a 'cocker (well, have been for years now) that I honestly believe I can tune a 'cocker to its maximum potential.

Guys like the greats you mentioned pioneered that tuning. They were geniuses in their day, and made what was already considered a top-o-the-line gun even better. Now, their knowledge is readily available, and if you are willing to work and tinker on your gun, you can do anything they could do.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM #4
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think the work he's talking about is more than simply 'tuning'.

My brother had his 1st cocker (96 or 97? I think) worked on by Danny Love.
- He cut the body and milled down the big clunky back block into a reverse 'P' block.
- He shortened the bolt accordingly and replaced the pull pin with a locking mechanism that prevented ever putting in the bolt upside down and prevented ever dropping the pull pin.
- He milled out the air chamber to increase the volume of pressurized air.
- Replaced the old style timing rod adjuster with a threaded adjuster (before this was standard).
- He also did his 'trigger job'...essentially polishing the sear and the triger plate, lightening the trigger plate and adding set screws.

Other than the reverse 'P' none of the work was cosmetic, but that was one fine cocker and very 'tricked out' for the time.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 PM #5
Fearless_Leader
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
Meh. I've always been of the opinion that working on my own stuff is not only more gratifying, but more educational as well. I've never once had sent in a marker to have it tuned or fixed. I'll look up what needs to be done, and I'll do it. I am now familiar enough with a 'cocker (well, have been for years now) that I honestly believe I can tune a 'cocker to its maximum potential.

Guys like the greats you mentioned pioneered that tuning. They were geniuses in their day, and made what was already considered a top-o-the-line gun even better. Now, their knowledge is readily available, and if you are willing to work and tinker on your gun, you can do anything they could do.
While I agree with you but don't think I would pass up the chance to have danny love do his magic on my sfl.

I can say for certain that if you have a working cocker that shoots just fine you are one of the three, or all of the above. 1- you are not an idiot. 2- you know someone who is not an idiot. 3- you have enough money to pay someone who is not an idiot. - jonotwist
Fearless_Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 PM #6
Barney

Barney owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Barney supports Empire
Barney is All In
Vu was the man, he made my first cocker butter after I paid bob long alot of money to make it shoot like butt.
Barn
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:37 PM #7
splatzplayer
be4 there was speedball

splatzplayer is playing at Living Legends V
splatzplayer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
splatzplayer supports Pev's Paintball
splatzplayer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
this was done by bob long in 93
[IMG][/IMG]
Sure Shot Factory #29
www.sureshotpb.com
08 PEVS DC Arsenal ego freak kit halo 48/4500, dm6 ul halo 48/4500, polished pf automag vl2000,polished minimag, 92 cocker redone by Bob Long in 93 uni reg green marble anno vl2000, kp pump VL90 pepper stick

I Have Cash For Your Leaking Highend Markers.

Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a whore for a hug.
"Paintball is EXACTLY like drugs: It's expensive, addictive, and it hurts everyone around you"-quote:samiswright
splatzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 AM #8
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
I'd like a Ken Kidd
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM #9
GTC

GTC is a founding member
Maybe a Palmer cocker...
GTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM #10
splatzplayer
be4 there was speedball

splatzplayer is playing at Living Legends V
splatzplayer supports Pev's Paintball
splatzplayer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTC View Post
Maybe a Palmer cocker...
Still can I think they will still work on them.
Sure Shot Factory #29
www.sureshotpb.com
08 PEVS DC Arsenal ego freak kit halo 48/4500, dm6 ul halo 48/4500, polished pf automag vl2000,polished minimag, 92 cocker redone by Bob Long in 93 uni reg green marble anno vl2000, kp pump VL90 pepper stick

I Have Cash For Your Leaking Highend Markers.

Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a whore for a hug.
"Paintball is EXACTLY like drugs: It's expensive, addictive, and it hurts everyone around you"-quote:samiswright
splatzplayer is offline   Reply With Quote