Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2010, 08:30 PM #1
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

has been a member for 10 years
paintmydrum is attending Decay of Nations VI
OK problemS warrenty?

bought a SR. take out to the field start chroning it.

first game Reg blew up.

who do i sent it to get warranty service?
paintmydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2010, 02:00 AM #2
commrad

JT? I think they bought WGP
commrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 AM #3
WihGlah
Underboring works

WihGlah owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Can you define "blew up"

Sooner or later you'll need to strip and clean the reg - you might as well learn how now.

WE ARE BORG!
SCORE IS IRRELEVANT!
WihGlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:32 AM #4
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

well i figure they van tune it too. i couldnt for the life of me get the fps over 220. maybe they can tune it for me 2
Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM #5
BigBeef
Have paint, will mow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintmydrum View Post
well i figure they van tune it too. i couldnt for the life of me get the fps over 220. maybe they can tune it for me 2
First of all, define blew up. The probability of your inline actually blowing up is close to 0%.

Second, did you simply take this out of the box and shoot it? If so, I actually would not expect it to work. As far as I know, WGP didn't actually test and adjust guns so that they were shootable right out of the box. My 2k3 cocker wasn't.

You're probably better off 1) not sending it back because JT probably doesn't give a **** and it's going to cost you money, and 2) learning how to do it yourself because, after all, it is your gun and you should know how it operates.

If you can't get it over 220, then there are a few things to look at: first of all, make sure your tank is screwed in all the way. I'm not calling you an idiot, but everybody does it at least once. In fact, last weekend my friend was getting drop off and it turns out his tank wasn't in all the way.

How far in is your velocity adjustment screw? If it's in pretty far, I'd say more than half an inch from being flush with the back block, then check your inline reg.

How is your consistency? if your FPS is all over the place, your inline is probably too low or too high. In this case, it sounds like it's too low. I would turn out your velocity screw all the way to flush with the back block, then turn it in 2 full turns. Then start turning up your inline reg a quarter at a time until the FPS stops climbing. Once it stops climbing, turn it back down a quarter and check your FPS. If the shots are consistent, your reg should be set. From there, if your velocity is low, but consistent, turn in the velocity screw until you reach the desired FPS. This is basically sweet spotting your inline. Assuming your FPS is now consistent, you should never have to adjust the inline again.

If your FPS doesn't go up as you turn the reg up, then it's probably too high. The pressure against the valve is too high for the hammer to open it. Repeat the procedure I just said but turn the reg down instead of up. Turning it down should now allow your FPS to climb because there is less pressure keeping the valve closed, allowing it to open more when the hammer hits it. Turn the reg down until your FPS stops climbing and becomes more consistent, then turn up your velocity screw to get the desired FPS.

Hope this helps...post back if you're not getting anywhere.
BigBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:25 PM #6
hmcl281

send it back to who every bought if from if u bought it new.

most likely u just need to replace the oring as mention above or give the reg a wash and then relube and install.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:30 PM #7
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

ya i read the manual and replaced the o-ring myself its holding air. now i just need to get to a chrono and sweet spot the reg.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 PM #8
hmcl281

Quote:
ya i read the manual and replaced the o-ring myself its holding air. now i just need to get to a chrono and sweet spot the reg.
for some reason those reg r very dirty inside, so might be a good idea to clean it if can
Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM #9
BigBeef
Have paint, will mow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
for some reason those reg r very dirty inside, so might be a good idea to clean it if can
Says who??? A regulator only gets dirty after long term use or if you open it up and put dirt in it. If he bought it new, it doesn't need to be cleaned, it already is clean.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:36 PM #10
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeef View Post
Says who??? A regulator only gets dirty after long term use or if you open it up and put dirt in it. If he bought it new, it doesn't need to be cleaned, it already is clean.
people say, they say milling bits r in the reg. do not know how u would get material inside since they been anno unless they mod them after they were anno.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM #11
BigBeef
Have paint, will mow.

That's retarded...though I wouldn't be surprised considering WGP's downward spiral of quality products on the last few product lines it made.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 PM #12
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

i'm so pissed and frustrated right now. i'm ready to throw this thing away and buy a out of the box gun!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM #13
hmcl281

try a different reg and then u know issue u have with the marker is the reg
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 PM #14
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

i dont want to put anymore money into this marker. im going to throw it away. and buy something that works.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:54 PM #15
hmcl281

Quote:
i dont want to put anymore money into this marker. im going to throw it away. and buy something that works.
not buy another reg, try another reg u have or barrow one to test out the marker with.

if u know it's the stock reg that's giving u the issue trouble shoot it since u know it's the reg fault
Old 09-15-2010, 05:46 PM #16
dbkid0486

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
most guns have a break in time. Cockers especially. Even just the regulator has a break in time.

you said you couldnt get the marker over 220 fps, it might be becuase the Tank ASA is starving the marker for air. The stock SR ASA has problems with it, and if you screw in the On/Off too far, it actually constricts the air flow.

I know you said you dont want to upgrade anything on it, but its now a 200 dollar gun. A nice new ASA is like 25 bucks. 225 for that gun is a good deal.

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:26 PM #17
BigBeef
Have paint, will mow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
most guns have a break in time. Cockers especially. Even just the regulator has a break in time.

you said you couldnt get the marker over 220 fps, it might be becuase the Tank ASA is starving the marker for air. The stock SR ASA has problems with it, and if you screw in the On/Off too far, it actually constricts the air flow.

I know you said you dont want to upgrade anything on it, but its now a 200 dollar gun. A nice new ASA is like 25 bucks. 225 for that gun is a good deal.
Wow...it's a cold day in hell when a gun can't even come with a working ASA. That is truly sad. All it is is a piece of milled aluminum with a hole in it. IMO the Trilogy cockers were ****. The last good cockers were 2k4. I think the Trilogy cockers were designed around the time WGP was going downhill, and they took their quality with it.

If you want an inexpensive gun, go for an Invert Mini.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 PM #18
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeef View Post
Wow...it's a cold day in hell when a gun can't even come with a working ASA. That is truly sad. All it is is a piece of milled aluminum with a hole in it. IMO the Trilogy cockers were ****. The last good cockers were 2k4. I think the Trilogy cockers were designed around the time WGP was going downhill, and they took their quality with it.

If you want an inexpensive gun, go for an Invert Mini.
i'm going to go with 2005 superstock and the sr not a bad marker
Old 09-15-2010, 09:13 PM #19
paintmydrum
***Eat My Shorts Man***

well its for sell 175 shipped if anyone is interested, its complicated i dont have time to play with it. i just want to air up and shoot! its brand new maybe 500 shots of under 220 fps shooting.