PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM #1
deadeyeheat
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

deadeyeheat owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
How to set the black magic SR ergo reg

I have an autococker Sr and wanted to know how the best way to set the reg was? i was told 4 turns in or something from all the way out but when i tried that...4 turns in seemed to much and the SR reg does not even screw in 4 turns.

When i got the gun i had to take it apart to clean it and since it was supposed to come set from the factory i forgot where to put it back,since autocockers seem to rely mainly on the rear velocity screw on the gun to set the velocity the hpr seems to not do anything while playing with it...if i screw it in all the way the gun stops cocking,yet if i un screw the adjustment screw out too far it again seems to loose pressure...??? so far it seems that the only way it will really work is if i screw the adjustment screw in all the way clockwise,then back the screw out one full turn the gun seems to get enough power to do its thing but i dont know if thats enough or not enough and im relying on the reg too much or the rear velocity adjuster.

2 AUTOCOCKER SR'S,ANGEL A1,ANGEL G7 FLY,BOB LONG RAPPER,BOB LONG INFAMOUS INTIMIDATOR,BOB LONG RIPPER 3 INTIMIDATOR,PLANET ECLIPSE ETEK2,PLANET ECLIPSE 2009 EGO,2009 PMR,
deadeyeheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 PM #2
dbkid0486

There is a bell curve that effects the veloctiy of the pb's. For example, at 280 psi, you might be shooting 250 FPS, at 300 PSI you might go to 300 FPS, but at 400 PSI, youll be back down to 250 FPS.

this is because there is too much pressure and the valve cant stay open long enough, so upping the pressure is lowering the veloctiy.

Ill test my SR reg and see where its set at pressure wise. The best tool i have in my tool box is this item seen here. I added a gauge to an ASA and if i screw my reg into it, and then gas up the marker, ill see what pressure my regs set at.

edit: my SR's reg is set to 300 PSI

ClosedBoltBallers

Last edited by dbkid0486 : 09-15-2010 at 05:58 PM.
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote