Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-13-2010, 06:06 PM #1
sau4u

Scuba tank cascade system

Hey all, some buddies and I are rigging up a cascade air system. Starting with a number of scuba tanks. My question is as long as the air isnt drained down too much, say down past 1000psi it shouldnt be a problem leaving the tanks on their side when using them, correct. My only worry would be over time a moisture buildup from the scubas being transferred into other pball tanks. Every so often I plan on completely emptying the scubas to drain any moisture that may buildup but what do you think.
Tippman X7 Tippman Alpha Black
Azodin Kaos Pump
Tiberius 8.1
More to come
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2010, 07:38 PM #2
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Check with a dive shop about the use of the tanks. From what I recall if you completely drain a scuba tank so it has no pressure in it, you have to rehydro it. So you actually want to leave some pressure in them like 500 psi or maybe a bit more.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:46 PM #3
sau4u

You bet, that is where I figure I would leave 1000 psi in. That way its never empty, protecting the tank and 1000 psi isnt gonna do anything for me anyway.
Tippman X7 Tippman Alpha Black
Azodin Kaos Pump
Tiberius 8.1
More to come
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:26 AM #4
BDN

When you have the scuba tanks filled, ask the compressor operator what they do to reduce/remove moisture from the fill. From experience, it's usually fairly dry which can give the diver a bit of a dry throat.
BDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:48 AM #5
rcontrera

Scuba grade air is just about the best you can get. There is no problem with moisture from a scuba tank as long as you got your tanks filled from a quality fill system.

And as far as how much to leave in them, yes, it is a good idea to leave a little in the tank to prevent moisture from entering. However, if you empty the cylinder completely, you may have to have it internally inspected the next fill (around $5-10).

Laying the tank down is actually pretty smart since they can't fall over accidentally.
800-344-9267
FREE SHIPPING for cash orders (cash, money order, wire transfer, check). Shipping is for Continental USA only.
rcontrera is offline   Reply With Quote