PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2010, 10:34 AM #1
IonBaller07
Joyness, I Has It

IonBaller07 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Bad arm swelling

Ok so Im in college now and we have a gym on campus, I never used to work out but with the gym so close Ive gone and lifted and ran everyday for a week so far. Ive only done the standard bicep curl until my friend gets here that can actually show me what to do. But I think somehow I ****ed it up because my arm swelled quite a bit right above the inside of my elbow and below the bicep. And it was more of a horizontal or width of my arm swelling not upward. Did I pull something or what? I figured Ill just takea break from the gym and hit it up once this stops.
I WANT CHICKEN AND CHI-CHI'S
I WANT TASTE BUDS
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2010, 11:01 AM #2
mavLP
:)

You're definitely overworking your biceps if you do them EVERY day. Take at least a week break from the gym so you can recover. Don't worry about lifting heavy weight, because everyone starts out with light weight. Form is the #1 concern. Don't make yourself feel like you're throwing your body around to lift the weight, do it controlled. If you like dumbbells google dumbbell exercises. A lot of people are very anti-machine, but they worked well for me to get started to get ideas on what to do. When you work out a muscle group, give it at least a day break before you work it again.
mavLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:27 PM #3
only4theweak187

im sorry but you've ONLY done a bicep curl everyday at the gym for a week? haha that's great, i remember when i started working out it was all about bicep curls and lat pulldowns for me.

check the forums at bodybuilding.com

they'll help you out
Old 09-13-2010, 03:58 PM #4
Hawke

you're just getting swole as **** bro
Old 09-13-2010, 04:00 PM #5
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biceps are small muscle groups, don't work them everyday. You are probably overworking them and they cannot recover so they get injured.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote