PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-27-2010, 03:54 PM #1
scr1be
roflcopter

has been a member for 10 years
is the vibe discontinued?

my friend wants to start paintballing and i wanted to set him up with a good beginner package.

the gun i decided on is the vibe, however, checking every paintball site, it seems as if the vibe is no longer being made. even ANSGEAR doesn't have it.

anybody know what's going on? i don't want to get a vibe from a random small online site if something is going on.

thanks.
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2010, 05:33 AM #2
Franklyn Gardiner
Paintball is my life

Franklyn Gardiner helped look for balloons
Franklyn Gardiner supports Team VICIOUS
Franklyn Gardiner is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr1be View Post
my friend wants to start paintballing and i wanted to set him up with a good beginner package.

the gun i decided on is the vibe, however, checking every paintball site, it seems as if the vibe is no longer being made. even ANSGEAR doesn't have it.

anybody know what's going on? i don't want to get a vibe from a random small online site if something is going on.

thanks.
Well sir that's exactly the problem. The Vibe is in fact no longer being manufactured by Smart Parts, gonna have to buy it used now or from those small online stores.

98% percent of ballers wipe, if your part of the 2% that has some sense of honor add this to your sig

"Paintball...My anti-drug. Because when your addicted to paintball how can you possibly afford drugs."
PETA- PEOPLE EAT TASTY ANIMALS
originally posted by new300new:"and then I popped my head up and 3 guys unloaded on my face..."
originally posted by Purple people eaterZ:"Your sig is epic.."
Franklyn Gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM #3
gumbyy

the last time i saw a vibe on ans gear was back in february. check shop4 paintball---

http://www.shop4paintball.com/Smart_...1spvibeblk.htm
gumbyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 PM #4
Focus02

Smartparts has not manufactured any markers for almost a year now as they are still in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.

Depending on how they emerge from bankruptcy will determine whether they restart production of markers or go in a different direction.
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:18 AM #5
boardsnroses1134

dont buy it no smart parts=no service
boardsnroses1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM #6
vindeta

dang this forum is like dying. haha the question is. "is smartparts discontinued?"
and if you can fix your own gun then who cares if the manufacture is still alive. if you cant then.... buy one anyway there the best beginner gun ever made lol
vindeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 PM #7
jblaze56

The vibe is still in manufacturing last time i checked... but then again it has been a while ago since this thread started
jblaze56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM #8
Focus02

jblaze56,
New Vibes have not been built for well over a year now, since smartpart laid off all employees at the only manufacturing site in Greensburg PA.

There are various threads on this forum about the previous and current state of Smartparts. The end result is that the Smartparts company does not exist today.

The Vibe and SP-1 are still good markers and are very durable. My primary marker is still one of the first SP-1's made. (serialnumber is S0000086).
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:02 PM #9
iLovPieNCake

Apart from Smart Parts not being in business, the Smart Parts Vibe is the best beginer gun you can get. Expecially when you can buy them for 65$ with a upped Proto barrel, On/Off ASA and macroline. And maintenance is a breeze.