PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2010, 07:13 PM #1
strangeir3
Get Addicted

has been a member for 10 years
Is my tank too old to be retested?

I have been out of the game for quite some time, about 6 years, but am looking to get back in. I have a PMI 68/4500PSI tank that has a date of 2002. I realize that the tank is far beyond the expiration date, but was wondering if it was still eligible to be hydrotested. Is there a time period after its expiration date in which it needs to be tested before it becomes useless?

thanks for your help.

Blue Angel Speed w/ Predator II
Check-it dust black low-rise clamp,
TAG black dust volumizer,
an aluminum 14 inch jt 2 piece
CP rail with a CP On/Off asa.
strangeir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 PM #2
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Carbon tanks need to be retested every 3 or 5 years depending on the markings on the tank. Read the sticky that has to do with the markings on your tank.

Typically with carbon fiber tanks the tank has a lifespan on 15 years, as long as it is currently hydrotested.

You should be good. Get it hydro'ed tho!

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 PM #3
acrewofone
Red Headed Step Child

Annual Supporting Member
acrewofone is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
acrewofone supports Sherwood Forest
acrewofone is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeir3 View Post
I have been out of the game for quite some time, about 6 years, but am looking to get back in. I have a PMI 68/4500PSI tank that has a date of 2002. I realize that the tank is far beyond the expiration date, but was wondering if it was still eligible to be hydrotested. Is there a time period after its expiration date in which it needs to be tested before it becomes useless?

thanks for your help.
Your tank is usable till 2017 (15 year lifespan), and can be hydrotested at any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
Carbon tanks need to be retested every 3 or 5 years depending on the markings on the tank. Read the sticky that has to do with the markings on your tank.

Typically with carbon fiber tanks the tank has a lifespan on 15 years, as long as it is currently hydrotested.

You should be good. Get it hydro'ed tho!
If a Fiber Tank has a 3 year hydrotest cycle, then it's Fiberglass Wrapped and not Carbon Fiber Wrapped. Carbon Fiber Wrapped Tanks are all 5 year hydrotest cycle. The lifespan of any Fiber Wrapped Tank (Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber) is exactly 15 years from the date on the tank (born date).

eBay 756+/0- Feedback
PBNation 164+/0- Feedback
M. Carter Brown 92+/0- Feedback
OVER 1000 ALL POSITIVE TRANSACTION FEEDBACK!

Last edited by acrewofone : 09-10-2010 at 11:40 PM.
acrewofone is offline   Reply With Quote