PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-02-2010, 11:58 PM #1
RogueShooter

Cocker n00b needs a hand...

Alrighty, I just picked up this beauty in trade for my Viking-

Now, it was sold to me as a completed but untested project, so I knew there'd be bugs to work out. Problem is, this is my first cocker, and I have no idea where to even start.

I've got it to the point where I can air it up and dry-fire it, but it has a slight leak that I can hear coming out the barrel (but also the grip area, so I'm thinking possibly poppet/valve o-rings?), and also the front QEV on the ram seems to leak if I fire it with no backpressure on the barrel (ie: if I put the tip of the barrel into a pillow and shoot, it won't leak, if I simply fire it into the air, it will leak).

I haven't touched any settings on the board, or done anything to the ram or LPR, just adjusted the reg up from zero until I got it to the point it would fire and recock.

So I guess I'm looking for advice, or at least some links to any really good, descriptive threads/articles on the subject of setting up and diagnosing an e-cocker. So much comes up in search that I'm having problems narrowing it down.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2010, 12:33 AM #2
commrad

you could just sell it to me I'll even throw in a SF trilogy, 15/18bps ramping full auto and semi just add air and hopper. And it's ready to go, no leaks, no timing problems.
commrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:19 PM #3
RogueShooter

Hahaha, nah, I like the gun I'd just like to be able to actually use it. If nothing else, are there any good, reliable shops/airsmiths still working with cockers who I could send this to, to have them dial it in for me?
Old 09-03-2010, 03:10 PM #4
tgs-killer
Independent Variable.

I would assume the LPR and HPR are off in setting causing the leaking. The HPR might not be inputting enough pressure into the marker and not correctly sealing the valve, so you may want to go chronograph the marker for having the correct input pressure to main spring ratio. Please refer to "sweetspotting" articles regarding this subject. You will have to mess around with the LPR so that it cycles just to get within the sufficient FPS range, I will explain how to further adjust the LPR below

Now, the LPR might also not be correctly pressurizing the Ram & QEV's, causing the leak from the unsealed diaphragm (speculation). Before you adjust the LPR, you might want to adjust the board first. A good way to do this and work from a good base is to put the Factory Mode on "Fast"; this will eliminate any electrical problem from any incorrect custom programming. Now, dry firing with your eyes on; decrease the LPR's adjustment screw (counter-clockwise) until the marker doesn't re-cock/cycle. Once you have it at this point, look into the breech and start raising the LPR's pressure (clockwise) while shooting. You'd want to get the bolt cycle back to the point where it just barely passes the breech (feedneck opening), now once you have that done; turn the LPR's adjustment screw inward (clockwise) again, but this time about a quarter to half a turn. Hopefully I nailed everything, now this is all speculation but I hope it turns out to be correct in your case and be nothing serious of a problem

-Jarred
While the majority of people not need firearms, consider that this tool is now widely distributed to most of all peoples, including bad people. Such people who will do harm with one of these tools in time. So we ought to have to ability to defend ourselves against said threats with equal or greater fire power. Unfortunately, tis only law-abiding citizens are primarily being targeted by Government. Further, crime is caused by unlawful peoples of society, so how are Government orders going to now effect the criminals if the orders hadn't affected them initially? There is a hidden agenda here. Think about it
tgs-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:35 PM #5
Firefly074
Cocker FTW

Firefly074 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Firefly074 is for the Gunfight
if you cant fix it and you want to sell, let me know. this gun is sick! or if you want to trade for an Etek3, let me know. also, if you really REALLY want to send it in to get fixed, Palmers does a mighty fine job, they just charge an arm and a leg. Doc's War Machine in Alaska does good work too.
Firefly074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 PM #6
commrad

pm me and i'll walk you through getting it running. it'll help a lot if you have a chrono.
commrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:28 PM #7
RogueShooter

I need to refill my tank and then I'm going to try some of the easier fix ideas that have been suggested. If that doesn't work I'll be sure to take you up on your offer commrad, thank you
Old 09-05-2010, 08:18 PM #8
Sm0keydaBear

Try a timing guide. The regulator obviously has a way to adjust it, if you can find the manual it would be nice. Another thing, I don't know anything about the Eblade timing things, so maybe try starting with the regulators first.
Sm0keydaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:32 AM #9
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

wow, thats a really nice cocker. z-force body, e2 frame, eclipse ram and an aka reg.....and its all matching anno. needs a gloss black barrel though .

open the right grip panel, turn on the gun, press the red button on the board. set the board to "factory fast". that will eliminate any timing issues with the board if there are any, then we can get on to tweaking things .

edit: can you tell us if it has an mq valve or normal hammer/spring setup. if you pull the bolt back and hear the hammer catch on the sear theres no mq valve.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:38 AM #10
JFGhost

Rouge you live by me....and you play at EMR correct? (didn't we just play for you??...I have the worlds worst memory sometimes) Bring it up to my bunk house at castle I will take a look and show you whats going. on. Mine is the one all the way at the top on the right side of bunk house road....if you can't find it, just go up to A.G. or BIT'M's bunk and ask for Ghost, either I will be there with them or they will point you across the street.

See in you a few weeks as castle...if your going.

Last edited by JFGhost : 09-10-2010 at 07:30 PM.
JFGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM #11
Bad123

Check your pressures homie. Most likely they are set too high. If that doesn't work or you dont know how to take it to a local tech. Cockers have been around forever someone nearby can help ya out.
Bad123 is offline   Reply With Quote