Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-31-2010, 04:39 PM #64
Stockplayer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
well, thats what ignorence gets ya..

and funny you want the thread to die yet you keep adding to it just as much as everyone else.
Keep shakin' grandma

Always Play Like Everyone Is Watching
><> Blowfish Paintball<><
Stockplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 PM #65
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockplayer View Post
Keep shakin' grandma
Quote:
die thread die.......

Quote:
and funny you want the thread to die yet you keep adding to it just as much as everyone else.
My point exactly..

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:56 PM #66
Stockplayer

Quote:
My point exactly..
Bertha,

I started it, and I will end it.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:44 PM #67
DavePSI

I wouldn't allow a player to run into a tank. Nevermind your safety, what about the players in the tank? The 20 foot rule should apply for the occupants, surely they weren't thrilled to be hit so close. Some tanks use locking doors, others use netting, it's just a design feature and not a weak area to exploit. What if you flipped the netting to find a new player or a couple kids with special mission cards?

You can argue about all the gray areas like teammates walking with the tank. Hopefully they know enough to stay behind it. Some tanks carry players and they jump in and out as needed for props and defense. Even though nobody was hurt and all the 'what if's' worked in your favor, it's just not a smart thing to do because all it takes is one of those 'what if's' to backfire and then trouble results. Or worse a ban on tanks because some clown thought they could get away with showing off.

Our field sends a ref with each tank to watch for situations like this. Ask a field ref if you're unsure on what they'll allow you to do.
DavePSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:08 PM #68
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Well, just for fun how about this. I barrel tagged a tank with my walking tank. The refs and a RPG player and a tank were all stopped and debating whether or not the tank had been taken out. I stood next to the tank until they decided the tank was live. Then I asked the driver if I really needed to break a Nerf on the side of his tank. He said no. I'm dead. No rule about how close a tank can get to another tank. Wierd circumstances come up out there. In my walker, I could be taken out with a hand grenade but it wasn't all that easy to hit it with a throw from say 15 yard and harder to get it to splatter on the tank from that 15-20 foot rule distance. It would bounce off and then go off and not necessarily mark me dead.

So they got in the habit of doing a suicide run up to the tank and give me a grenade shower. It would never leave their hands. They would be dead but the refs were calling me out. No real safety hazard being a walking tank. They got quite good at it. I would hear the patter of little feet comming up behind me and too late, I'm dead. I almost installed a PANIC Button to press that was attached to a flame thrower that would spray paint going out the back end like a bad case of the runs.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:23 AM #69
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePSI View Post
I wouldn't allow a player to run into a tank. Nevermind your safety, what about the players in the tank? The 20 foot rule should apply for the occupants, surely they weren't thrilled to be hit so close. Some tanks use locking doors, others use netting, it's just a design feature and not a weak area to exploit. What if you flipped the netting to find a new player or a couple kids with special mission cards?

You can argue about all the gray areas like teammates walking with the tank. Hopefully they know enough to stay behind it. Some tanks carry players and they jump in and out as needed for props and defense. Even though nobody was hurt and all the 'what if's' worked in your favor, it's just not a smart thing to do because all it takes is one of those 'what if's' to backfire and then trouble results. Or worse a ban on tanks because some clown thought they could get away with showing off.

Our field sends a ref with each tank to watch for situations like this. Ask a field ref if you're unsure on what they'll allow you to do.
Getting shot up close is part of the game. If you do not like a big fat bruise on your butt then don't play paintball.

No one has ever suffered permanent injuries from a shot to the butt or leg.

Remember:
If paintball did not hurt.....It would not be as fun. The anticipation of getting lit up is what gets our blood flowing. We ask ourselves, "should I make this move?....If I do I could get 4 or 5 guys....but then again they could stitch me up good....” Paintball without the pain is airsoft or squirt guns.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM #70
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Stockplayer, I guess I am not done posting here. Apparantly you havent listened to a darn thing we said here. You have been advised many times from numerous posters here on safety. I dont know how old you are. So I am assuming at this point your young and reckless. Getting shot up close has always been apart of this game. I have played since the ealry 1980's. I am not afraid of getting hit from any distance. I have had numerous welts all over the body from playing in tourny, inside, bunkers, building to building, trenches, etc. But what gets me is when someone like yourself would sneak up on someone and shoot them at close range intentionally. Maybe when you first posted and indicated you didnt know you could do that. If you do some checking you would find out there have been numerous injuries from people getting hit close that has caused permanent injuries and lawsuits to players from that instance. Even shots to the butt and legs can cause serious injury. Maybe you havent checked to deeply on your comment. Welts are internal injuries and cause internal bleeding. If a person gets shot bad enough their life could be in danger. Thats why fields have insurance and we have safety rules. I only play in a tank now because of health reasons and one of those people that cannot take a major hit from a paintball. Even though I got shot up bad back in '08 while in my tank. I am on blood thinners from blood clotting and know the risks of playing. And take the necessary precautions now with special gear so I dont get hurt again. But you know sometimes what goes around - comes around. Maybe one day some person like yourself or some person you just railed will turn on you with either shooting back or a serious beatdown.. Maybe then you'll realize what you did once wasnt such a good idea and learned a lesson from it.

Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 PM #71
Stockplayer

“I don’t know how old you are.”
34 this month

"I have played since the early 1980's."
Late 80s for me.

"Even shots to the butt and legs can cause serious injury."
Show me one case where a lower extremity paintball hit at less than 300fps caused any permanent damage.

"I only play in a tank now because of health reasons and one of those people that cannot take a major hit from a paintball."
I will comment on this later

"Maybe one day some person like yourself or some person you just railed."
I am fast with my buzzard but not that fast. One shot to each is not railing.

People with medical conditions that are at risk from internal bleeding (AKA hematoma), should not be playing a sport where bruises are a regular occurrence. I think it is very irresponsible of you to engage in paintball if you are on blood thinners. Does your doctor know you still play paintball? I see that you have taken some carful steps to prevent injury, but I think you are treading on thin ice here.

Here is a quote from the waiver at SC village (location of said tank bunkering)

“I acknowledge that I am in good physical and mental health, and not suffering from any condition, disease or disablement which would or could potentially affect participation in the activity.”

Most paintball field waivers have a similar clause.

Do you usually sign this waiver?

Again, a healthy participant will not be effected by a hit to the lower extremities. The only injuries I have ever seen in paintball are from the terrain.

I appreciate your input; I hope your condition improves.

Last edited by Stockplayer : 09-08-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 PM #72
Stockplayer

I will quote myself

Quote:
I see no holes in my argument. It was a good move, it was a safe move, it should have been legal, and if anyone wants to complain about getting one balled by a player pump gun, they you are in the wrong sport. This was not a rocket to the back of the head, or a 100 hits on a shoulder and neck. I had a clear view of my targets and I hit them low.
I'll tell you guys I am not impressed with all the crying. This was meant to be a thread about the rules governing tanks.

If you are going to try and tell me I did something wrong then back it up with some evidence.

There is one argument that would hold water against mine, but no one has brought it up.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 PM #73
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Hmm, A challenge of sort. I like it.

I am 53 and a very experienced player. I am known to be fair and trust worthy.

Yes, I have been in paintball so long Rapid Splatmasters were the gun back then along with Tippmann SMG's. Still have the Splatmaster and it works.

I dont have any documented cases on hand on injuries and their body locations. I few word of mouth injuries and things I have read at numerous sites and posts. Why dont you post to the world and find out. I have seen people shot and bleed from it. I have seen children hit and hurt. Most injuries probably are not even documented. But because some are thats why fields need insurance. But I do believe a person who gets shot in the leg near a dominant artery point could sustain a serious injury.

Thats right I dont play the field anymore because of my health condition and my doctor and wife (a critical care nurse) does approve as long as I take steps to protect myself. Which I have. One time back in ION '08 as I advised in a post. I was new to tanking and didnt have my window supported like it should have and got shot and hurt because of it. Now that cannot happen. I actually bought a full body padded paintball suit to wear on the field if I ever plan to go back on the field to play. I have no open ports in my tank now where someone can shoot me or my crewman at close range. My tank doors lock from the inside. But in case a shot gets in somehow. \]]] I still where protective clothing, gloves, full head/neck helmet, and a tankers vest. And I dont get out of my tank when the enemy is nearby when they could have a shot to hit me.

True, one shot to each isnt railing. But you could have said something and gave them the option to surrender or be shot or taken a barrel tag. Perhaps you didnt know that. Thats fine but with all the posts you do now.

Your right again. People with serious medical conditions shouldnt take chances like I do. Thats why I put myself in the tank to take away the many possibilities. I personnally dont think a paintball welt is going to cause my life to be in danger. Unless its a very bad close hit hot shot. I have had accidents like falling down steps with my legs and buttox being severly bruised. I was concerned for my health but my doctor said it was normal bleeding from the falls.

I consider myself at my age in good health and really dont worry about the risk of injury. Just becaue I take blood thinners doesnt mean I cannot live a active physical life which I do. If I would happen to go down on a field I wouldnt hold them responsible for anything.

I sign waivers at every field I play at. If they question my condition from the info on the waiver. I am prepared to back up my decision and if they like they can be provided the number to my doctor for varification. If a field thinks I shouldnt play because of my health - no problem. I'll just take my business somewhere's else. That hasnt happened yet.

True, most injuries do occur from the terrain from people being careless. Then on numerous occasions people do get hurt from somebody with hot guns or shooting objects out of their markers besides paintballs. People get thrown out of games and even arrested for the stupid things they do at games.

I appreciate your concerns but can assure that I am no health risk as long as I take the precautions. I do have a list of all meds I take in my wallet and wear a medic alert bracelate just in case. I plan to play a few more years until its not fun anymore.

I hope these answers are good enough for you and others. If you would like to discuss this further please PM me.

Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:00 AM #74
Stockplayer

I also played with a Splatmaster, I remember having to turn the loader after 5 shots. I think it had four, five round tubes……is that right? I also remember those things had approx. 20lb triggers… Good memories!

Old 09-09-2010, 02:27 AM #75
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
There was a thread about back dooring and I missed it!? Ugh
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:30 AM #76
Wicked Game

Annual Supporting Member
Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOderus View Post
I think the root of the problem is the wording of the rule. If stockplayers recounting of the rule is accurate, it was that:

"Players may NOT approach any tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants. You will be ejected from the field … no exceptions!"

Now, TECHNICALLY, he did not do that. He violated the spirit of the rule, but not the letter of it. It would be much easier to blanket rule it "Dont shoot the occupants of a tank under any circumstances." That is simple and clear and leaves no room for interpretation or to search for loop holes.
I would say that by pulling the curtain he created an opening and shot through it. That violates the tank rule to the letter and spirit.

Gertrude is wagging here finger sassy buttons! Wag wag wag! Keep whippersnappin' and you will get a purse to the side of the the noggin'!

The worst part of reffing scenarios is having to explain that this is a game where safety is the #1 priority. In the real world you don't get to re insert, you go to the hospital or the morgue.
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Wicked Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 AM #77
Wicked Game

Annual Supporting Member
Wicked Game is a Supporting Member
Wicked Game donated to help Peyton Trent
Wicked Game has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wicked Game has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I also played with a Splatmaster, I remember having to turn the loader after 5 shots. I think it had four, five round tubes……is that right? I also remember those things had approx. 20lb triggers… Good memories!
Remember the smack it on your chest to cock it manuver?
Team Lockdown Staff

High end paint sampler! Ultra Evil, Anachy, Fyre
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3689256
Wicked Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:33 AM #78
Sm0keydaBear

Ummm, I was also wondering if Stock Player knew about the call surrender rule. IMO, that's one of the most important for sneaking and coming up behind people. I guess you don't HAVE to use it, but it is generally encouraged. Reading up on Wiki, it says that most fields include a surrender rule. If you get within a certain distance, say 5', you have to give them the option to surrender. Wiki also brings in a good point saying that it gives the attacking player a disadvantage, but what it comes down to for me is, if you shoot someone without calling surrender, then you intentionally meant to hurt them.
Sm0keydaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:54 PM #79
Abnmp78

Imo you engaged in side the surrender rule distance.

Now for your question. Should infantry be able to open the door of a non-motorized tank, if the rules allow to approach it?
I don't see why not, IF you surrender them, not shoot them. Great way to take them out. The only problem I see is for the morons who can't tell the diff. Can't rule out stupid! As long as you don't climb on top of the tank I think it's fine. If you climb on it there is a safety issue of falling etc.
My 2 cents
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:45 PM #80
Stockplayer

I do not ask for surrender from anyone other than girls, and kids.
If I bunker you playing NPPL then you get in the face.
If I bunker you in a walk-on advanced game you get it below the neck.
If I bunker you in a mixed game and you are not a kid or girl you get it on the lower extremities.

And I never shoot through openings smaller than my head.

If you guys would like I can add tankers to the exclusive list of people that require my restraint.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:50 PM #81
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Game View Post
I would say that by pulling the curtain he created an opening and shot through it. That violates the tank rule to the letter and spirit.

Gertrude is wagging here finger sassy buttons! Wag wag wag! Keep whippersnappin' and you will get a purse to the side of the the noggin'!

The worst part of reffing scenarios is having to explain that this is a game where safety is the #1 priority. In the real world you don't get to re insert, you go to the hospital or the morgue.
You forgot an important part of the rule
"Players may NOT approach any tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants.

This is to prevent players from sticking thier barrels into small ports and shooting blindly into the tank.

Hence my rule of never shooting through openings smaller than my head.

and I never stuck my barrel in.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:55 PM #82
Stockplayer

You should all agree with me so we can move on with our lives.

A simple, good job, or wow I wish I could have seen that awesome move, or can you show me how you did it sometime……….would suffice.

Kids, Girls, and now Tankers!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:39 PM #83
nycboyz

nycboyz is for the Gunfight
I'm a 46 yrs old player, I read all 4 page then find out. I keep off a tank away. lolol
nycboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 AM #84
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycboyz View Post
I'm a 46 yrs old player, I read all 4 page then find out. I keep off a tank away. lolol
?