PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM #1
Successo

Successo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Seed & Virtue Rotor Board w/SLS ?! Help

I have tried to find any worthy review on these 2 boards and was short handed. It seems to me that Seed is the most popular 1 with the anti jam feature. But are these boards really worth to get as a upgrade ? I can understand using Reballs so the SEED would be awesome. But i would like to hear from the public and discuss it.

I have a PE SLS and i would just like to have it more fine tuned. Is this a worthy upgrade ? If so let your little heart scream and explain some good benefits with and without.

Also does the Speed board have RF capabilities ?
Also will these boards break ? I notice the Seed doesn't have a lifetime warranty.

*** Also if you are using any of the boards please say you have it in your comment and your experience before and after *** Thank you

Seed RtR upgrade kit for Dye Rotor loader
About

The key feature of the upgrade kit is allowing the Rotor loader to automatically unjam itself in case a ball is jammed. The upgrade kit consists of three parts. It has a new circuit board featuring a 3-axis accelerometer among other features, new gears allowing the loader to rotate backwards as well as forwards and finally two new motors allowing you to choose exactly the features your style of play requires. The kit also comes with a comprehensive full color manual allowing easy installation and configuration.

Circuit board

The Seed RtR cicuit board is probably the most advanced circuit board to date made for a paintball loader. The 3-axis accelerometer on the circuit board allows it to know at all times the position of the loader. When you fire your marker the accelerometer detects the shot being fired and monitors the feed rate of the loader. If it detects that the marker was fired but paintballs are not fed it knows that the loader is jammed and will perform an automatic antijam. This allows the Rotor loader not only to work good with soft and out of round paintballs but Reballs as well. The circuit board is also fully user configurable through a settings menu. No tools or even any disassembly is required to change the settings. Simply turn the loader upside down and turn it on, and you will be automatically in the settings menu. Changes are made simply by using the original antijam lever. Other key features of the circuit board include:

* Low battery indicator, showing the battery voltage
* Pulse width modulation variable motor control matching the motor speed to feed rate needed at all times
* High speed microcontroller with non volatile memory for maximum performance
* Full color superbright LED

Gears

For the upgrade kit to work new gears will need to be installed into the gear box. These gears are specifically designed for the upgrade kit and allow the loader to spin both forward and backward. Main gear is installed with two ABEC 5 quality ball bearings for extended lifetime and smooth operation. Gears are also made out of a special mixture of Delrin and Nylon to maximize the life and minimize noise and vibration. Installation is easy and takes under 10 minutes.

Motors

The seed RtR comes with two motors. The high torque one is close to the specifications of the original motor but with increased torque, this allows to maximize the battery life. The high RPM motor is added to the situations where maximal rate of fire is required. It's slightly louder but will allow the loader to feed extremely fast. Both motors come with necessary gears attached.

Virtue Rotor Board

Upgrade the Engine of your Rotor with reliable, performance maximizing Virtue technology.

* Performance Optimized
* Easily Adjustable
* USB Upgradeable
* RF Upgradeable
* Adjustable Speed Settings
* Automatic torque adjustment
* Jam Detection
* Battery level Indicator
* Lifetime Warranty

The all new Virtue Rotor Board keeps your Rotor running smooth and consistently with adjustable, performance optimized motor logic. Patent pending Multi-Sensor logic combines the hopper sensor with a wireless RF signal from your gun using upgradeable Virtue RF Modules. Instantly upgrade the software through an on-board programming port and Virtue USB adapter.

Adjustable Settings

* RF Sync
* Audio Control
* Speed Control
* Pulse Timing
* Auto Shutdown

Last edited by Successo : 04-06-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Successo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM #2
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
I have a seed and I like it. I believe you have to buy the Virtue board, and then buy the piece for RF. Personally RF is pointless for me when shooting 12.5.

I doubt your board will break, but the Seed people are very friendly and helped me get my Worm gears.
texaspaintballplpaye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:52 PM #3
frodite69
x1017BurkeSQUAD

frodite69 is playing at Living Legends III
frodite69 is for the Gunfight
frodite69 supports Pev's Paintball
frodite69 plays in the APPA D5 division
I had a gen 1 rotor and it jammed with my field paint. Bought the seed and it hasn't jammed since. I use the torque motor in mine but i think its a great upgrade for your rotor.
frodite69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:35 PM #4
Successo

keep it coming!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 AM #5
Successo

Nothing else ? I guess im fine without getting this ?! Stock rotor ?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:01 PM #6
Successo

Bump it or dump it ?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:45 AM #7
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspaintballplpaye View Post
I have a seed and I like it. I believe you have to buy the Virtue board, and then buy the piece for RF. Personally RF is pointless for me when shooting 12.5.
Yes, while the Virtue board is RF ready, you do need to buy the RF chips separately.

The description also mentions the ability to update the board with new firmware, which is also true, but again requires the purchase of a separate USB adapter.

Doesn't really count, as I do not have the SEED upgrade for comparison, and for that matter, don't have a Rotor(!), but I do have a beta version of the HALO Virtue board, and it hasn't given me any problems and has performed well.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:10 PM #8
Successo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Yes, while the Virtue board is RF ready, you do need to buy the RF chips separately.

The description also mentions the ability to update the board with new firmware, which is also true, but again requires the purchase of a separate USB adapter.

Doesn't really count, as I do not have the SEED upgrade for comparison, and for that matter, don't have a Rotor(!), but I do have a beta version of the HALO Virtue board, and it hasn't given me any problems and has performed well.
so these boards are definately worth the upgrade if your trying to accomplish what ?
Old 04-10-2010, 12:00 AM #9
Recluse tha Ripper
killin since 1994

i have the seed kit. my rotor was jamming stock, so i got the seed. hasnt jammed since, and if it did it unjams itself. thats why i like it. if your rotor never jams than its really not 100% needed, but i like to have it in case. if i spend 1000 on guns then 250 for a loader that never jams and always feeds is not out of order. i did shoot my magnoed a1 on uncapped w a yakuza board and the high speed seed loader hit 25 bps. i dont see any advantage really with a virtue over stock.
Recluse tha Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:10 AM #10
Successo

ok cool cause i plan on purchasing reballs and i do have a 1000$+ marker with a gen 3 rotor... just trying to see whats really worth it... but it doesnt jam so far from shooting my ego 10 that i had
Old 04-10-2010, 01:16 PM #11
Uziel Gal

Well, I'm getting consistent high speeds with the Virtue HALO board, there are several adjustments to tune the loaders performance, I can use eyes, vibration sensing or RF, or can use two or all three sensors at the same time. The RF feature has worked in all the markers I have tested it with, and with all but one board (APE Shocker board). So fast, flexible, and so far, reliable. What else would you want from a loader board? In your case, I guess the one obvious response is "auto unjam", but in the Virtue equipped HALO, I've yet to have a jam either with normal paint or Reballs, so auto unjam isn't a concern for me.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:03 PM #12
Successo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Well, I'm getting consistent high speeds with the Virtue HALO board, there are several adjustments to tune the loaders performance, I can use eyes, vibration sensing or RF, or can use two or all three sensors at the same time. The RF feature has worked in all the markers I have tested it with, and with all but one board (APE Shocker board). So fast, flexible, and so far, reliable. What else would you want from a loader board? In your case, I guess the one obvious response is "auto unjam", but in the Virtue equipped HALO, I've yet to have a jam either with normal paint or Reballs, so auto unjam isn't a concern for me.
Can i get a RF in a Seed Motor Board ? If so do i just buy the RF mod from Virtue or how would that work ? Only reason its cool for unjam's is cause the rotor is not reball friendly. So i thought id do that and the extra bonus of " What if " is eliminated.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:49 PM #13
Uziel Gal

I don't believe that the SEED board is RF compatible - you'd need the Virtue board for that.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 04-11-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:18 AM #14
Successo

i think hoppers should come with these boards already embedded in them instead of making us pay extra on the side.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:59 PM #15
burnt rose
The Real Daredevil

burnt rose plays in the PSP
burnt rose owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
burnt rose supports Bob Gurnsey
burnt rose plays in the APPA D3 division
Personally, if you have the gen 3 Rotor, I don't see a reason to do it. I mean if you aren't jamming, then there is no reason.
If you are going to shoot reballs, I would see how the rotor is working for you, and if it jams, then look into a solution, if it shoots the consistant 12.5, then rock on...
I don't shoot reballs, so I can't comment on that, nor do I have a Seed or Virtue chip, but I do have two gen 3 rotors, and have not experienced a jam yet, just flawless feeding.
burnt rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM #16
Successo

thinking of picking up a virtue/rf board for rotor just cause RF is awesome... if i dont like it ill trade it and get a prophecy ltd.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:05 PM #17
stillfly

has been a member for 10 years
stillfly owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stillfly supports Team VICIOUS
stillfly supports DLX Technology
ltd is a headache
Corey Field Fan #17
Jason Edwards fan #36
Yosh Rau Fan #41
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4036103 empire vanquish
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=40340697 massive gear bag sale
stillfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM #18
sicandhopeless

sicandhopeless owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sicandhopeless supports Team VICIOUS
I don't think any hoppers are really "reball friendly" thats why vegetable oil is so cheap. :nododgy: Seriously, 4 bucks and you should be able to feed reballs through your hopper every weekend for 3 years..... its not a bad choice at all. just put 8 reballs or so in a pod, pour a bit of vegetable oil in it. shake it up, fill the pod up to about an inch or so below the top, shake it again, drop em in your hopper, shake well again, you're set for the day.

VCU
sicandhopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:41 PM #19
PAPA_SMURF1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfly View Post
ltd is a headache
Why did you bump a 5 month old thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicandhopeless View Post
I don't think any hoppers are really "reball friendly" thats why vegetable oil is so cheap. :nododgy: Seriously, 4 bucks and you should be able to feed reballs through your hopper every weekend for 3 years..... its not a bad choice at all. just put 8 reballs or so in a pod, pour a bit of vegetable oil in it. shake it up, fill the pod up to about an inch or so below the top, shake it again, drop em in your hopper, shake well again, you're set for the day.
If you did that the vegetable oil would get into the gun and cause performance to drop, and shoot crazy.
PAPA_SMURF1 is offline   Reply With Quote