Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2010, 03:18 AM #23
blkvicePU
Purdue Xball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak54 View Post
but to say you quit for military reasons and sell out and bounce is not
except when you know the back story, as in his military reason for leaving was legit(not being able to find a job) til it fell through and then he got a ring from Ollie himself a day or so later...

Its a bad situation for Mutiny, but you cant blame the kid for accepting the chance to play for THE team in paintball as long as I have been aware of the game...minus the two or so year "blackout" by the NXL.

So i guess Adam should be sorry for following his dreams?
PU #44
Purdue Xball
2009 NCPA Xball National Champions
http://www.purduepb.com
blkvicePU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 AM #24
317JHowe317

Annual Supporting Member
317JHowe317 works for a Paintball manufacturer
do you have any idea what your talking about? he told me, tommy, and andy all to our faces, that he wasnt going to the ironmen. he knew good and well that he wasnt going to the air force, he was giving up swords for a shield. its alot harder to kill someone with a shield than two swords. and THE team? have you watched any sort psp matches this year? sorry but you are sadly mistaken is sooo many ways.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM #25
kaeli0430

kaeli0430 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kaeli0430 supports Team VICIOUS
life is a ***** and things change...... you gotta think about what he needed and wanted..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3465036
kaeli0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:02 PM #26
317NTK317
Tommy O'Donnell

317NTK317 is a Professional paintball player
317NTK317 plays in the USPL
317NTK317 plays in the PSP
317NTK317 is an NCPA player
You know nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvicePU View Post
except when you know the back story, as in his military reason for leaving was legit(not being able to find a job) til it fell through and then he got a ring from Ollie himself a day or so later...

Its a bad situation for Mutiny, but you cant blame the kid for accepting the chance to play for THE team in paintball as long as I have been aware of the game...minus the two or so year "blackout" by the NXL.

I'm over hearing this ****. How are you going to come onto our forum and tell us what is and is not justifiable or for that matter what happened?

You don't have nearly a decade of history with Adam or our team, and you don't know how things transpired.

You don't have 60K + invested in a group of kids that you fought the world to keep together for 6 plus years.

You didn't find him at a local ICC event in Indiana in the 90's and have a hand in watching him transform and grow into an amazing paintball player.

You aren't sacrificing everything in your life to travel around the country playing pro paintball with a group of guys you played rookie with at one point.

No one is hating on Adam for chasing his dreams. Like I said in an earlier post in this thread - I'm happy for Adam. I'm glad he's chasing his dreams and playing for the Iron Men. It's what he wanted and he deserves it.

His teammates are pissed with him because they've invested a large portion of their lives into this team. It's about the way he handled quitting our team, not about him leaving.

We are brothers here. This **** is way deeper than paintball. He disrespected all of us and our efforts by handling his exit the way that he did. You don't bold face lie to your brothers about what you're doing. Not to people that would die for you. Not to men you've gone to war with. That's the issue at hand.

You played paintball with Adam at Purdue for a year or two and probably drank some beer with the kid.

Do us all a favor and keep your uninformed opinions to yourself on this one.

You don't play for Mutiny, and you don't know how his exit was actually handled with our team - THAT IS A FACT. The only people that know how it all ACTUALLY went down are the people who were hurt the most by all this bull**** - the brothers on this team we call Mutiny.

I'm a nice guy. If you read my other post in this thread I've been very factual about this whole situation. I hate to come off as such an a$$ hole on this one, but this isn't the topic to get in the middle of. You do you and we'll do us. Adam is doing Adam. Peace.
317NTK317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 AM #27
Brandon Davis
Custom User Title

Brandon Davis owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Brandon Davis supports Team VICIOUS
^^ couldn't agree more

NINJA IRONMAN INTIMIDATOR

CK LASERED MARQ F/S/T
Brandon Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM #28
Mogley15

Mogley15 is a Professional paintball player
Mogley15 plays in the USPL
Mogley15 plays in the PSP
Mogley15 is an NCPA National Champion
Let's get things straight

I somehow just now stumbled across this thread 2 years later and I just want to set the record straight. I would like to say my piece to clear the air then I'm officially done with this thread.

Yes I quit Mutiny because I wanted to go to the military. I will add to this at a later point in the post.

Now to add to what "JoeJoe61689" said on the financial aspect because he is correct..
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe61689 View Post
Thats pretty unfair to say about him considering he is a stand up guy and has a $80,000 bill hanging over his head from college. When you can live the dream of playing paintball for free with some legends of the game, in san diego, i do not blame him at all for leaving. Good luck adam! I wish the best to you bud
Hell no I didn't want to pay for paintball. I loved every single second of playing with the NTK/Mutiny guys on my come up from the ICC to growing to play the national scene with them as NTK. I don't regret a single day of that. I'll remember those days for the rest of my life.

Making it to the pro level playing for Avalanche my freshman year in college was the best thing that could've happened to me. I was making money.. paying my rent, food, and other expenses. That of which NTK/Mutiny could've never done. It's only logical for me to make such a decision being an accounting/management major.. I'd say I shouldn't be trusted in the real world with a job if I weren't to have made the decision I did however cold it may come off.

I'm sorry to the NTK/Mutiny guys but leaving Avalanche to play for Mutiny was something that I should've never done. I was trying to take strides forward financially from having these massive students loans looming over my head. It's not that I don't value you guys highly but more so how I wanted to set myself in a positive direction financially instead of worrying if we can practice or not because we don't have any team practice paint.

Now to touch the military aspect of this whole thing because "blkvicePU" is correct as well.. yes I quit Mutiny (but really it was me quitting paintball in general) because I wanted to go to the Marines for aviation (not the Air Force). ***random fact.. I wanted to go to the Marines for Aviation not because I couldn't find a job but because I truly wanted to go to the Marines... for aviation***
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvicePU View Post
I wanted to quit paintball in general straight up at the end of the Mutiny season for the Marines. Aside from paying for it which makes no sense when you can make money from it.. so no I wasn't "lying" to any of you. That's the way things look because of how things happened along the time line. While the first talks with the Marines recruiter were going before my senior year there were active slots available for me to join the Marines by going through OCS (Officer Candidate School). The key to the appearance of this so called "lie" is that I wasn't able to get everything submitted in time for me to apply to OCS. The ASTB (Aviation Selection Test Battery), physical fitness tests, mental evaluations, and other evaluations (both aviation and physical) take a good 6-7 months to get completed to even just apply for OCS. With this being said the Marines was not an option to me.. this information became known to me in the 2009 off season way after I had quit Mutiny.

What now also needs to be known is that playing for the Ironmen or Dynasty was the final and ultimate goal for myself in the paintball world.

Where Oliver and the Ironmen comes into play is at the Purdue college nationals tournament which was at the end of the 2009 paintball season. He was the commentator for Fox College Sports for the event and he had interviewed me along with Klodian Mitri for being the MVP's of the tournament. I asked him if he had a couple minutes in which I gave him my elevator pitch of why I wanted to play for him.. we then exchanged numbers and he told me to keep in touch as he'd see what would be worked out for the Ironmen for the 2010 season.

The biggest point of this whole thing... I hadn't heard from Oliver that I could try out for the Ironmen until after I figured out that the Marines wasn't an option for me at the time... which obviously as stated earlier was all after I had originally quit Mutiny. If the Marines were an option to me at that time I would currently be in the Marines right now. I WOULD NOT have taken the spot to play for the Ironmen.. so technically NO I wasn't lying to any of you guys.

Now this is all hypothetical.. If I couldn't have joined the Marines and if I also didn't get to try out for the Ironmen I STILL WOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED FOR MUTINY. NO WAY NO HOW.

The only odd kicker to all this is that the only way that I was going to play paintball after college was if the Marines fell through first and then if I was getting paid to play. It was the only decision that reaches any logical sense to put myself in a better financial situation to have started my life after college.. thus making it easier on myself to pay back my student loans. So YES I hedged my bets with the Marines and paintball in general.. I'm sorry but I grew out of the "love of the game" and yes I reached the level of being a "contract player" if you will.

I am still trying to go to the Marines for aviation. After 2 years of waiting I finally just heard from the exact same recruiter this week that the Marines is finally now an option for me. There are active spots in the 2013 October OCS class which has a July board of review which leaves me with just enough time to get all of the proper material together to apply.

I hope that clears some things up. Yes it may have looked a little shady from how certain things transpired but I was only thinking in my best interest. You've always got to watch out for numero uno and I'll always stick to that.

Last edited by Mogley15 : 12-07-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Mogley15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:49 AM #29
Naut
T M G

Naut plays in the PSP
Good read...good dude. Wondered what ever happened to ya.
- Virsix|Apparel - PM me to get a Kwiky rotor speedfeed!
***RaT-PacK***

Last edited by Naut : 12-07-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Naut is offline   Reply With Quote