PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 PM #1
Beaux@Techt

Beaux@Techt works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quick Question from the STL Event

Hey guys,

I played the STL Event with Memphis Streetball Factory. Since this event, four markers that were played with there have had some pretty unique problems. All four markers (one that day, and three others in the weeks since) have gotten HORRIBLE shootdown and a white powder/paste in the markers. Everything from the tank regs to the bolts have had what I can only describe as white powdered doughnut inside of them. And I mean BAD, not just a little dirt. Like someone smushed up a powdered doughnut in my ASA haha

I want to make it VERY clear that I am not upset at all or pointing any fingers at all!! I know as much, or more, about paintball markers than anyone I know. And I have access to everything I needed to fix them through TECHT...so it really is no big deal at all.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. I know that there was a rented compressor being used at the STL event, and I think I have narrowed it down to that.

I am just curious...thats all. I like to think I can solve any paintball marker related problem and I am hot in pursuit of this mystery haha

If anyone has had this problem post up...and now you know what probably caused it. I am almost positive this was the problem and am willing to bet others have experienced this also...

Again, I am not upset with Darrin or the MSXL at all. There was no way they could have foreseen or solved this. I just want to know for my own curiosity.

Thanks,
Beau

TECHT Paintball
6067 Apple Tree Dr.
Suite 1
Memphis, TN
Beaux@Techt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM #2
Tapper

Thank you for the heads up. We had a fill nipple get stuck open with debris. Odly enough when I took it apart an off white semi powdery substance was caked in the tank reg and fill nipple. Brent uses that compressor every weekend at Ntense and at SEPS so idk where it's coming from.

One section of hose was new but the same brand we have used all year.

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net

Last edited by Tapper : 09-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 PM #3
evenpar

i was not there but my gun was used both days. not the same since! took it to ACTION PAINTBALL and Rod took it apart and found the same pollen powder looking stuff all inside of gun. then tank had a problem with burst disk and inside the reg was the same crap. this can come from really nasty filters in the compressor. my gun had shot great from day one and i still had problems with it this weekend. i am glad you posted this! Brents compressor has not done that to our guns before.
KP

Last edited by evenpar : 09-06-2010 at 04:54 PM.
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:13 PM #4
Beaux@Techt

Sounds like it just needs a new filter. I have used it at Brent's field also and had no problems previously. I did not realize it was Brent's at first...I thought it had been rented locally. It could have also been the lines from the compressor to the fill stations. I know that was a relatively new field, and may have been new lines?? We installed our underground lines at CHF only a week before the tournament and did not have this problem though.

Well, for you guys that are having shootdown issues, or if one arises, you know what it is from. It shouldn't permanently hurt your marker. I would suggest cleaning the tank reg first, and then regular cleaning of the regulator, noid, and bolt should solve the issue. The majority of the powder should be in the tank reg, I would assume.

Mystery Solved!!

TECHT Paintball
6067 Apple Tree Dr.
Suite 1
Memphis, TN
Old 09-06-2010, 05:56 PM #5
NickMFJohnson

Ahhhhh. I thought i noticed a little shoot down out of my dm. and for some reason i'm gettin pitiful efficiency too. Thanks for puttin this out there.
NickMFJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM #6
c-mack

c-mack supports Cereal Killerz 2
c-mack donated to help Peyton Trent
c-mack owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
oh goodness. i dont know how to clean a tank reg... or a noid
where is rodney?? lol
Old 09-07-2010, 10:25 AM #7
Beaux@Techt

haha...you can send it to me Cody. Or, you can make another appearence in Memphis...

TECHT Paintball
6067 Apple Tree Dr.
Suite 1
Memphis, TN