Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM #1
flytip21

Tank Reg...INTERCHANGABLE?

Got a 68cu DXS tank with stock reg today. The reg. is long for my gun set up. Now, I have another tank, 45cu GA tank with upgraded Ninja air reg. Can I interchange the Ninja air reg to the DXS tank and vice versa???? This must be the stupidist question, but I need to know either way.

DXS stock reg. to GA tank and Ninja Air reg. to DXS tank: INTERCHANGEABLE???????

Tnx
flytip21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM #2
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Short answer: Yes.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 PM #3
flytip21

Sweet, thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:22 PM #4
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Yep, there is a standard reg thread sizing between tanks in the industry now. It's only the older tanks you need to be wary of sometimes as some brands were a smaller threading around 2000-2002.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:41 PM #5
flytip21

got it! Your opinion.... GA myth reg G2 or Ninja reg????
Old 08-17-2010, 06:48 PM #6
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
Ninja reg. Much cheaper, it comes HP but you can make it MP and LP without having to buy conversion kits so you save more money in that regard; provided you don't loose the shims.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

Old 08-18-2010, 12:45 AM #7
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Myth G2 Regs are very nice, and come with some amazing and innovative features. A little too short for me... but I rocked mine with a MacDev reg extender and that solved the problem. The problem I have with G2's are mainly cost-oriented. If you want to continue to have the same feel/performance, when a disk blows you gotta spend about a dollar more per burst disk. Not that big a deal but when you have dirty fills like I do you end up spending alot of time and/or money replacing disks and/or rebuilding the reg to prevent failure. Also, the fill nipple isnt hardened right or something, so you have to replace them often too unless you dont mind it being a pain in the butt to get air into it.

The Ninja - Love it. Never had a problem with it. Very cost effective. Just get the clips to adjust where the nipple points and you're golden.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:07 PM #8
flytip21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
Ninja reg. Much cheaper, it comes HP but you can make it MP and LP without having to buy conversion kits so you save more money in that regard; provided you don't loose the shims.
yeah, thought about the Ninja reg. I did recently replaced my old GA myth reg stubby tank for a Ninja reg. It actually felt nice with my marker setup.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:08 PM #9
flytip21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post
Myth G2 Regs are very nice, and come with some amazing and innovative features. A little too short for me... but I rocked mine with a MacDev reg extender and that solved the problem. The problem I have with G2's are mainly cost-oriented. If you want to continue to have the same feel/performance, when a disk blows you gotta spend about a dollar more per burst disk. Not that big a deal but when you have dirty fills like I do you end up spending alot of time and/or money replacing disks and/or rebuilding the reg to prevent failure. Also, the fill nipple isnt hardened right or something, so you have to replace them often too unless you dont mind it being a pain in the butt to get air into it.

The Ninja - Love it. Never had a problem with it. Very cost effective. Just get the clips to adjust where the nipple points and you're golden.

You right...G2 is a bit expensive. I did check out the price on that, and nothing comes close to cost effective as the Ninja. Although people have different views, so either way, it seems you can't go wrong with both regs.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:10 PM #10
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super69ur View Post

I never really saw the point in spending that kind of money for the reg and then having to buy a reg extender on top of it. I would rather have the reg that was slightly longer to begin with and then just adjust my asa/rail a little bit and be done.
That's just me though.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 PM #11
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
I never really saw the point in spending that kind of money for the reg and then having to buy a reg extender on top of it. I would rather have the reg that was slightly longer to begin with and then just adjust my asa/rail a little bit and be done.
That's just me though.
I would be inclined to agree... which is why all my bottles have ninja regs on them now
I have a victory and the asa isnt adjustable... which is why I was forced into getting a reg extender.
I kept the G2 as a backup reg tho. If my ninja blows and I dont have time to switch a disk... I can swap the regs in 20 seconds if the tank is empty.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 AM #12
patriot86

Interchange Regulators

Does anyone know if a PMI tank is interchangable with a whole reg system like the gorialla reg sys or cp sys?

LNIB Dye NT Black/Gold F/T!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3478784
patriot86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 AM #13
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 is Boss
Yes, standard reg threading on the bottles and regs.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:53 PM #14
APynckel
Invert Mini #1591

Anyone have a link to a guide on how to remove a reg?

thanks
APynckel is offline   Reply With Quote