Old 09-05-2010, 12:09 AM #2206
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is a Mega Moderator
Kolder is a Supporting Member
Kolder is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Kolder is Immortal
I'm also starting the Hire Gary Patterson movement now.

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2010, 12:12 AM #2207
Tippmann KiD213
Lines in my face

Annual Supporting Member
Peterson did work on returns tonight.

One good thing that I noticed with the Gator game was that the freshmen got a lot of PT, Floyd, Powell, & Elam look very very special.

On top of that the backups on the O-line got a lot of PT, players playing positions they've never done before (cough*pouncey*cough) and it just helped with the depth.

USF will be a MUCH better performance without a doubt, and I still have full confidence that Florida will be a BCS bowl team this year.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 AM #2208
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

SHOOT3R USA is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann KiD213 View Post
USF will be a MUCH better performance without a doubt, and I still have full confidence that Florida will be a BCS bowl team this year.
If you guys play like you played today then there is no way you beat USF. Good luck but you really need to improve

The Big East has had an awful opening week. It's up to us to carry this conference again. Just like we did in 05/06
Old 09-05-2010, 12:17 AM #2209
<<safety!>>
Pick Six Ponder

<<safety!>> owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Props to USF for building a decent program so quickly.
we smokin **** from Amsterdam
Old 09-05-2010, 12:24 AM #2210
Robin van Persie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOT3R USA View Post
Yeah, I can remember being like 11 or 12 (right around there) and going through the Pit. Scarred me for life.

Why not just ride a bus from the coliseum? It's not that far to walk but buses are easier.
The buses are $4 "round trip," but don't bother even trying to get a bus back after the game, you wait forever and end up walking anyway, and luckily I already knew this heading in, so we just walked. It was kind of cool, walking down the street to the stadium with all the tailgating going on and just the general gameday atmosphere. Although I'm into that kind of stuff so it's easy for me to say, maybe everyone else hated it.

I would've hated the Pit if it hadn't been replaced by the time I got here. I go out downtown mostly all non-school nights here (just Fridays and Saturdays for me, too many morning classes) and I hate how some kids are about partying here. I feel like its almost similar to a Philadelphia-like situation. The way I've always felt about Philly since I've been going to games without a parent or adult is that Philly is cool and all, but they have such a "tough guy" "away fans beware" rep that some fans go out of their way to try to fall under that stereotype and go out of their way to be a douche. Much like that, obviously we have a bit of an unfortunate reputation as far as drinking goes, and there are just some douchebags here. The types of kids who get to class alone and say just loud enough for everyone to hear "OH GOD I NEED A ****IN BEER I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ****ED UP TONIGHT."

I figured the Pit would have mostly an aura like that.

I also found it ironic the name of our most "hardcore" tailgating section was phonetically the same as our rival school.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:27 AM #2211
Tippmann KiD213
Lines in my face

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by <<safety!>> View Post
Props to USF for building a decent program so quickly.
I wanna see what FSU does to Oklahoma.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:28 AM #2212
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolder View Post
So....

Peterson, best Returner in the country?
He definitely looked really good. However, it's hard to tell because UNC's kick coverage was so depleted. Still, he's up there and may well establish himself as the best return man in the nation as the season wears on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Crowton had that nice season once...

Once.
He does the same thing at every job. Looks good initially and then starts to suck penis.

Quote:
I'm also starting the Hire Gary Patterson movement now.
He'd be a good hire, but he wouldn't scare me like a Harbaugh would.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:28 AM #2213
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Look at this ****, ****ing special *****es.

An interesting Tweet:

BFeldmanESPN Peterson on why he wasn't in for UNC's 97 yd TD up 30-17 with 10:24 left: said he thinks the coaches thought the game was out of hand.

████████████████████████
Old 09-05-2010, 12:30 AM #2214
Hawke

You mean to tell me that 13 points is a blowout?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:33 AM #2215
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Penn State is losing to a DII school in the second quarter. Feeling pretty good about that game next week.
Youngstown State holds the second-most Division I Football National Championships.

Second to THE GEORGIA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY with six.

Quote:

An interesting Tweet:

BFeldmanESPN Peterson on why he wasn't in for UNC's 97 yd TD up 30-17 with 10:24 left: said he thinks the coaches thought the game was out of hand.
Friend of mine will love to hear that since he got a 7.5 spread.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:34 AM #2216
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:

An interesting Tweet:

Oh, lawd.

Also, I forget who it was (it was probably Hawke), but whomever was arguing on and on with me about Myron Rolle's potential in the NFL - he got cut by the Titans.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:35 AM #2217
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin van Persie View Post
The buses are $4 "round trip," but don't bother even trying to get a bus back after the game, you wait forever and end up walking anyway, and luckily I already knew this heading in, so we just walked. It was kind of cool, walking down the street to the stadium with all the tailgating going on and just the general gameday atmosphere. Although I'm into that kind of stuff so it's easy for me to say, maybe everyone else hated it.

I would've hated the Pit if it hadn't been replaced by the time I got here. I go out downtown mostly all non-school nights here (just Fridays and Saturdays for me, too many morning classes) and I hate how some kids are about partying here. I feel like its almost similar to a Philadelphia-like situation. The way I've always felt about Philly since I've been going to games without a parent or adult is that Philly is cool and all, but they have such a "tough guy" "away fans beware" rep that some fans go out of their way to try to fall under that stereotype and go out of their way to be a douche. Much like that, obviously we have a bit of an unfortunate reputation as far as drinking goes, and there are just some douchebags here. The types of kids who get to class alone and say just loud enough for everyone to hear "OH GOD I NEED A ****IN BEER I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ****ED UP TONIGHT."

I figured the Pit would have mostly an aura like that.

I also found it ironic the name of our most "hardcore" tailgating section was phonetically the same as our rival school.
I've never really had a problem hopping back on a bus. I didn't go to many games last year but I think the longest I waited was a bout 5 minutes. the walk isn't that bad though.

It's like that because so many people from NJ go there. The Pit probably used to be bad ***, I've heard great things from the 80's and 90's. I heard it started going down hill when we got the party school hype.

Where do the students go now? The light green lot? The brown lot was always pretty cool though, at the bottom of law school hill, great memories there. I need to spend more time at the Blue Lot this season, I just hate it because it's right in front of Ruby
Old 09-05-2010, 12:40 AM #2218
Hawke

Quote:
Also, I forget who it was (it was probably Hawke), but whomever was arguing on and on with me about Myron Rolle's potential in the NFL - he got cut by the Titans.
It's always me baby. Any info as to why (in particular)?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:42 AM #2219
Kolder
The Commish

Annual Supporting Member
Kolder is Immortal
Damn, the Oregon duck mascot did 506 pushups today. Gotta be the most buff mascot ever.

████████████████████████
Old 09-05-2010, 12:44 AM #2220
Robin van Persie

Yes, I'm from New Jersey, actually.

I don't even know but I don't think there was a definitive hotspot for students to go. There were several whores from my floor at my tailgate today who are and always have been too good to hang out with anyone else on our floor so there must have really been a lack of places to go. I think mostly everyone goes to a tailgate of a friend, or a friend of a friend.

I'm not really sure what's going on, but my girlfriend has her car here so we just use that to tailgate. She has a parking pass for what is the white lot on gameday, so she has to move it to the Coliseum the night before games, which is fine anyway, because that's where you go for free. If you park right along the first row of cars by where all the RVs are, it's actually pretty cool.

There must have been an issue with the buses today then because they were ridiculous. The line was really long and caused a bit of an issue when it cut across a path where people were trying to leave the stadium.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:45 AM #2221
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
It's always me baby. Any info as to why (in particular)?
He's just not good enough to warrant a roster spot on a 53 man squad. Simple as that.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:49 AM #2222
SHOOT3R USA
LIFT. RUN. SHOOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin van Persie View Post
Yes, I'm from New Jersey, actually.

I don't even know but I don't think there was a definitive hotspot for students to go. There were several whores from my floor at my tailgate today who are and always have been too good to hang out with anyone else on our floor so there must have really been a lack of places to go. I think mostly everyone goes to a tailgate of a friend, or a friend of a friend.

I'm not really sure what's going on, but my girlfriend has her car here so we just use that to tailgate. She has a parking pass for what is the white lot on gameday, so she has to move it to the Coliseum the night before games, which is fine anyway, because that's where you go for free. If you park right along the first row of cars by where all the RVs are, it's actually pretty cool.

There must have been an issue with the buses today then because they were ridiculous. The line was really long and caused a bit of an issue when it cut across a path where people were trying to leave the stadium.
Students used to control the blue and brown lots. The older people are usually around the long lot before the big hill on the other side from the blue lot (can't think of color, I want to say light blue), they're all pretty chill.

Best post game is in Sunnyside, Grant Avenue to be specific.

Last edited by SHOOT3R USA : 09-05-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:04 AM #2223
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

As you guys know, AJ Green didn't suit up for Georgia today and its believed his eligibility is in question for matters non-related to the agent thing. Rumor going around on the UGA boards that he signed a jersey, had a friend sell it for $5k on eBay, and then kept $1k. All speculation, but interesting.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:08 AM #2224
casultytosociety
BlacMac

AJ Green is good, but i can't see any reason to spend 5k on a signed jersey.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:19 AM #2225
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
Texas looked fine
Not really
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippmann KiD213 View Post
I wanna see what FSU does to Oklahoma.
Same
2009 STS Most Accurate Poster of the Year
2010 STS:F MVP

XBL - noarmsduck
Old 09-05-2010, 01:23 AM #2226
Nips80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
I got into Auburn if you missed that.
Congrats.
Quote:
I wouldn't be happy at all with that performance, if I were an Auburn fan. That defense isn't championship caliber.
Definitely not happy with the defensive performance. The offense is going to be a monster however. I don't think we even got past the introduction of Malzahn's offense in this game.
Closed Thread