Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which is best cardio option for cutting?
Slow, 45-60 minutes, inclined 10-15% cardio in morning on empty stomach. 4 44.44%
Slow, 20-25 minutes, slightly inclined 5%> after lifting 1 11.11%
Option 1 + Sprints one day of the week 2 22.22%
Option 2 + Sprints one day of the week 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2010, 06:18 PM #1
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Cardio for cutting?

Which do you guys think is best?
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 PM #2
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
Cardio isn't really necessary to cut. But I'll answer anyway.
IMO, whatever cardio you enjoy or can do consistently, for however long you can do it without strength/muscle loss would be what I'd do. Personally, I do ~60-75miles a week on my bike and I'm still seeing strength gains while cutting.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:43 PM #3
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
Cardio isn't really necessary to cut. But I'll answer anyway.
IMO, whatever cardio you enjoy or can do consistently, for however long you can do it without strength/muscle loss would be what I'd do. Personally, I do ~60-75miles a week on my bike and I'm still seeing strength gains while cutting.
60-75 isn't that much for biking. I do that for running sometimes.

but i picked option 1.

i would rather run for not as long at a faster pace though. it's more enjoyable IMO and it will help a lot with your army training. like 3-8 miles nah mean?
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:44 PM #4
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
60-75 isn't that much for biking. I do that for running sometimes.

but i picked option 1.

i would rather run for not as long at a faster pace though. it's more enjoyable IMO and it will help a lot with your army training. like 3-8 miles nah mean?
Off-season right now, so I'm cutting down on riding so I can get more intensity in the weight room. During the summer I was doing 150-200 miles/week . Trying to keep strength up on a cutting diet while biking 150+ miles a week isn't easy.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:48 PM #5
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
Off-season right now, so I'm cutting down on riding so I can get more intensity in the weight room. During the summer I was doing 150-200 miles/week . Trying to keep strength up on a cutting diet while biking 150+ miles a week isn't easy.
ya exactly. i thought for a second you meant 70 miles is a lot and you're likely to lose strength. 200 miles a week though that's tough. yyou must have to eat a **** ton to not dwindle away LOL
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:52 PM #6
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
ya exactly. i thought for a second you meant 70 miles is a lot and you're likely to lose strength. 200 miles a week though that's tough. yyou must have to eat a **** ton to not dwindle away LOL
Yea, when I'm riding that much an average day ends around 4000cal to maintain. At the beginning of the summer I was getting around 3200/day and was losing weight which was kinda funny since that's what some people bulk at XD. Right now I'm cutting while gaining strength pretty successfully at around 2300cal/day.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 PM #7
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I need to do cardio, that's not an option - so I was trying to see which is best.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 PM #8
xFortune (Banned)

Sprints only 1 day a week? Do 30/60 HIIT twice a week, and throw in a 4 min tabata(3-5 min warm up before) in the middle. That'll help you prepare for benning a bit. This is just a supplement on top of the other cardio you'd be doing.
xFortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:40 PM #9
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I mean...in reality, I'd like to design a high cardio/muscular endurance program, that focused on speed/endurance at weight and just keep nutrition sensible. I suppose if I did that I'd eventually get a cut without the sole purpose of cutting.

If I did, my plan would be around:

Rep range within: 10-12

Sund: REST
Mon: Run (2 Mile)+ Chest/Back + Superset w/ tri/Bi respectively
Tues: Lower Body Minor (Calves, stabilizing muscles, dynamic)
Wed: Sprints
Thur: Run (slow 3 mile)+ Upper Body Minor (Shoulders, pull/push up work)
Frid: Lower Body Major (Squats, lighter deads to keep back strong)
Satu: Run (1-Mile push)

abs (+lower back endurance 1 day) every other day.