Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 PM #1
massive_ian

logitech z2300 or klipsch promedia 2.1 computer speakers

Im gonna be buying one of these speaker sets tomorrow and i need some opinions. the negatives on the klipsch are there is no power button on the newer design and is more expensive than the logitech. Iv also heard of reliability issues with the newer promedias. the problem with the logitech is iv heard it lacks both mids and highs...also iv heard that bass is too much even when the bass knob is set to the minimum level. I know the logitech are more reliable.
The prices are 154.99 for the klipsch and 119.99 for the logitech

i just wanted some opinions
thanks
massive_ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:35 PM #2
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP
1337 CR3W

Klipsh will definitely give you better sound quality. Personally, I would go for those. My friend has a new set of logitechs and it seems he had problems with the wiring or amplification to certain speakers (some speakers are quiet and others are loud).

I think if you dished out the extra money for the klipsh you would be pleased.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:18 PM #3
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

For that price get some real speakers. I've seen very good reviews about this company, and I think this is the best set they sell in your price range.

http://www.theaudioinsider.com/produ...products_id=89

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:16 PM #4
Sonix_Nub3

Sonix_Nub3 is playing at Living Legends III
Sonix_Nub3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sonix_Nub3 supports Team VICIOUS
Sonix_Nub3 is for the Gunfight
I also looked at both of those at best buy, but I'm liking what I'm seeing in the link above. I think I'm going to go with those
Sonix_Nub3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 PM #5
tuna

has been a member for 10 years
I had the logitechs.

I blew them out and logitech replaced them once, but then I blew them out again and that time logitech said that based on the serial number they were too far out of warranty for them to replace them. I was in a dorm where a lot of people had whatever the high-end computer speakers available (so I've heard those Klipsch and also the similarly priced Bose set a lot). IMO the logitechs sounded the best, and had by far the biggest bass.

When I broke those logitechs for the second time, though, I decided I wanted something more. If I bought normal loudspeakers then I would have to buy an amp to plug them into, which would take up space and be inconvenient in a dorm room, and also I was worried that normal speakers would pick up a lot of interference from my computer being adjacent to them.

So I ended up shopping for studio monitors which are the sorts of speakers that people who are mixing music on their computers use. So they have to be somewhat EM insulated so that they work near computers, and they have to be precise because people are making music on them, and they happen to have integrated amps so I wouldn't need a separate amp.

Good ones start at about $300 a pair and they are 10x better than the Logitechs, Klipschs, Boses, or anything else that Best Buy sells as computer speaker sets. I don't regret mine at all. At the time I thought my Logitechs were amazing because they were better than my roomates Bose. Now I know how ignorant I was.

Last edited by tuna : 08-31-2010 at 10:03 AM.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 PM #6
Mr.AmaZiN
A Witty User Title

I got the z2300 and i am going to tell you that i've never heard a better set of computer speakers. They're fantastic, while it IS true that sometimes theres too much bass even when the knob is completely down, but you only have to worry if the song has a tremendous amount of bass. I've played them both at times where i needed high levels of music and low levels, and both perform with no faults or problems, you can make it so the bass isn't a problem.

I vote the logitechs obviously, youll enjoy yourself.
Mr.AmaZiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 PM #7
massive_ian

I actually bought the logitech z2300. Based on the price difference alone was enough. I havent heard them yet because no best buy, walmart or the such sells them around here so i ordered them off walmarts website for 100 dollars. About 55 cheaper than i could find anywhere else. they should be here thursday.

It also doesnt help that i just dropped 500 dollars on a new set of headlights for my car either
massive_ian is offline   Reply With Quote