Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2010, 04:07 PM #22
xxtheshockerxx
LS4
 
xxtheshockerxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Iowa
xxtheshockerxx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
AC/DC: Back in Black
Black Sabbath: Paranoid, Heaven and Hell
Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast, Powerslave
Judas Priest: Painkiller, British Steel
Rammstein: Reise Reise, Sehsucht
Rush: 2112, Spirit of Radio

Appetite for Destruction is the only G'n'R album worth having imo.
Rush I'm going to see them next friday
__________________
"I will choose the path that's clear. I will choose Freewill." - Rush
xxtheshockerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2010, 04:32 PM #23
p-ballplaya1440
:dodgy:
 
p-ballplaya1440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 717/540
p-ballplaya1440 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
p-ballplaya1440 is for the Gunfight
p-ballplaya1440 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
p-ballplaya1440 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeat View Post
fixed.
Touché good sir. I can definitely see that as well. Though for some reason, I've always been partial towards their Green Album.
__________________
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
"Originally posted by paintballkid5291: Where's the Rofl Choppa when you need it?... you're gunna get flamed to hell"
"Originally posted by timmyballer67: Alone we are nothing. Together we can achieve epic lulz."
"Originally posted by Nick Alder:
Admiral, i detect large quatities of Bamf in this sector"
gkweston porn bombs ST: 11/9/2011 I was there.
p-ballplaya1440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 PM #24
smeat
rolo tony
 
smeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: brown town
i just never got into the green album.

pinkerton's good, though.
__________________
Yeah we came to blow your system
You know what I'm sayin'
Kill it or die
Braggin' about how you had it all dialed
Well what's up now
When your **** is
smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:35 PM #25
sdwinder9x
neon nights
 
sdwinder9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 323
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
He's right. They have a few cool songs but overall they're really not that great
Let me break it down for you. Appetite for Destruction is considered by many critics to be one of the best rock albums of the last ~20 years. What "few songs" are you talking about? Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, November Rain and Don't Cry? Their most played out songs that have been whored around harder by Geffen than a Thai hooker? I doubt you've even heard their most underrated songs which also happen to be some of their best, like Thinkin' 'Bout You, Civil War, Bad Reputation, 14 Years, and so on.

So no, I disagree.
__________________
ST:M EDM we ****ING LOVE dubstep

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.
sdwinder9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:21 PM #26
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Music completely aside, the vocal performance of Axl Rose is reason enough to disregard the entire band.

"Critics" generally take a populist approach in their reviews and commentary. A lot of people adore Hannah Montana, should we make that mandatory as well?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 PM #27
sdwinder9x
neon nights
 
sdwinder9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 323
 has been a member for 10 years
Axl Rose, in my opinion, has a better voice than a lot of the bands out there because his voice isn't one dimensional. He can do lows and highs. Not many people can do that. Look at James Hedfield, that guy sounds the same in every song. If you're going to use Axl's voice to determine whether GnR's album should be considered a "must have", then you're obviously an idiot when it comes to music. Let's ignore the several awards their albums have won, the longevity of their music, among other things.
__________________
ST:M EDM we ****ING LOVE dubstep

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.
sdwinder9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 PM #28
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I'm not going to have a serious discussion with you about the merits of a rock vocalist. That sir is ****ing retarded. Beyonce sounds the goddamn same in every goddamn song because that is her ****ing voice. GNR won a few MTV awards and an AMA and one award based soley on sales. Real prestigious. If you had at any point intended to have a serious conversation about music, you would not have made popularity a prerequisite for quality.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 08-13-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 PM #29
VcityBaller_Impy (Banned)
I NEED ABOUT TREE FIDDY
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Loch Ness
VcityBaller_Impy is playing at Living Legends V
VcityBaller_Impy is for the Gunfight
VcityBaller_Impy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
VcityBaller_Impy supports Pev's Paintball
VcityBaller_Impy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
American Beauty-The Grateful Dead
Workingman's Dead-The Grateful Dead
Grateful Dead Live at the Fillmore West..thats like a 9 CD collection,also a must have
VcityBaller_Impy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 AM #30
sdwinder9x
neon nights
 
sdwinder9x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 323
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I'm not going to have a serious discussion with you about the merits of a rock vocalist. That sir is ****ing retarded. Beyonce sounds the goddamn same in every goddamn song because that is her ****ing voice. GNR won a few MTV awards and an AMA and one award based soley on sales. Real prestigious. If you had at any point intended to have a serious conversation about music, you would not have made popularity a prerequisite for quality.
A person's voice doesn't sound the same if it's dynamic, meaning they have the ability to manipulate their voice and stretch it to its limit, both high and low. Like, Mariah Carey has a MUCH BROADER span than Jennifer Lopez, but they both use their same voices all the time. However, Mariah can go places that other artists cant because her voice is dynamic. The same goes for Axl Rose. Go listen to James Hedfield for a day and his voice doesn't change. It's the same tone, with the exception of him yelling at times in songs or talking softly. He sounds the same. Now, go listen to Patience, then listen to Welcome to the Jungle, then go listen to Civil War, then listen to It's So Easy, and then come back and tell me Axl sounds the same in every song. Band popularity certainly doesn't determine whether a band's album should be considered a "must have" album, but the front man's voice determines the quality of music for sure, right? You obviously have no argument either. Appetite was a solid album, and I'd even go so far as to say that Lies deserves to be on that list too. To say that GnR sucks because you don't like Axl Rose's voice is retarded. Might as well say RATM doesn't belong on this list either because Zack de la Rocha sounds like ****. That's a fantastic foundation for an argument.

Please, go light your stereo on fire; you obviously don't use it much, and as such you don't really need it.
__________________
ST:M EDM we ****ING LOVE dubstep

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.

Last edited by sdwinder9x : 08-14-2010 at 05:22 AM.
sdwinder9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:28 AM #31
Ov3rmind in 2006
Ov3rmind in 2006 in 2010
 
Ov3rmind in 2006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwinder9x View Post
A person's voice doesn't sound the same if it's dynamic, meaning they have the ability to manipulate their voice and stretch it to its limit, both high and low. Like, Mariah Carey has a MUCH BROADER span than Jennifer Lopez, but they both use their same voices all the time. However, Mariah can go places that other artists cant because her voice is dynamic. The same goes for Axl Rose. Go listen to James Hedfield for a day and his voice doesn't change. It's the same tone, with the exception of him yelling at times in songs or talking softly. He sounds the same. Now, go listen to Patience, then listen to Welcome to the Jungle, then go listen to Civil War, then listen to It's So Easy, and then come back and tell me Axl sounds the same in every song. Band popularity certainly doesn't determine whether a band's album should be considered a "must have" album, but the front man's voice determines the quality of music for sure, right? You obviously have no argument either. Appetite was a solid album, and I'd even go so far as to say that Lies deserves to be on that list too. To say that GnR sucks because you don't like Axl Rose's voice is retarded. Might as well say RATM doesn't belong on this list either because Zack de la Rocha sounds like ****. That's a fantastic foundation for an argument.

Please, go light your stereo on fire; you obviously don't use it much, and as such you don't really need it.
Calm down, mad dog.
__________________
TEK

Metal and Hardcore Records: Original early Sepultura LPs, Necros - Conquest for Death LP
Ov3rmind in 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:25 AM #32
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwinder9x View Post
A person's voice doesn't sound the same if it's dynamic, meaning they have the ability to manipulate their voice and stretch it to its limit, both high and low. Like, Mariah Carey has a MUCH BROADER span than Jennifer Lopez, but they both use their same voices all the time. However, Mariah can go places that other artists cant because her voice is dynamic. The same goes for Axl Rose. Go listen to James Hedfield for a day and his voice doesn't change. It's the same tone, with the exception of him yelling at times in songs or talking softly. He sounds the same. Now, go listen to Patience, then listen to Welcome to the Jungle, then go listen to Civil War, then listen to It's So Easy, and then come back and tell me Axl sounds the same in every song. Band popularity certainly doesn't determine whether a band's album should be considered a "must have" album, but the front man's voice determines the quality of music for sure, right? You obviously have no argument either. Appetite was a solid album, and I'd even go so far as to say that Lies deserves to be on that list too. To say that GnR sucks because you don't like Axl Rose's voice is retarded. Might as well say RATM doesn't belong on this list either because Zack de la Rocha sounds like ****. That's a fantastic foundation for an argument.

Please, go light your stereo on fire; you obviously don't use it much, and as such you don't really need it.
The immediate split second that Axl opens his mouth, I know it's him. He's not very versatile and in the songs that he does try sounding different, he doesn't sound that great. The guy is nothing special. And his "lows" are hardly low.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM #33
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian
 
PBFreak875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, EH?
PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
The immediate split second that Axl opens his mouth, I know it's him.
You can say that about a lot of artists though. I will agree with you that Axl isn't that great of a singer, but you want to hear SOMETHING familiar from album to album. You can be dynamic AND have something familiar. It's just how much of each you have that needs to be in balance.
__________________
"Originally posted by SpyderPB819: Please don't bring a child into this world that is half you and half ginger!"

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:20 AM #34
PB_SEAN
By popular demand
 
PB_SEAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Dana Point, CA
The Beatles - Abbey Road
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust
Bob Dylan - John Wesley Harding or Highway 61 Revisited
__________________
Great Job!
PB_SEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 PM #35
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable
 
ChaoticReign Pbt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fitchburg, MA
 has been a member for 10 years
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Chronicle Volume 1
__________________
ST:F:Bodybuilding...Thank God for pure natural strength.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
ChaoticReign Pbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 AM #36
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Every YOB Album
Mtridium Fields - Giant Squid
Outre - Portal
Welcome To Sky Valley - Kyuss
All of Reverend Bizarre
Effigy of the Forgotten - Suffocation
The Essence of Thelonious Monk
Into Darkness - Winter
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 AM #37
wavesport001
 
 
wavesport001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The River
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

And you guys are silly with all this GnR talk. If you're saying they're not great, then name a band that's come around in the past ten years that's even on par with GnR. I can't think of any.

The "it's popular so it must suck" argument is tired and overused.
__________________
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong." -Thomas Jefferson

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 AM #38
smeat
rolo tony
 
smeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: brown town
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

And you guys are silly with all this GnR talk. If you're saying they're not great, then name a band that's come around in the past ten years that's even on par with GnR. I can't think of any.

The "it's popular so it must suck" argument is tired and overused.
oceansize
__________________
Yeah we came to blow your system
You know what I'm sayin'
Kill it or die
Braggin' about how you had it all dialed
Well what's up now
When your **** is
smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 PM #39
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
And you guys are silly with all this GnR talk. If you're saying they're not great, then name a band that's come around in the past ten years that's even on par with GnR. I can't think of any.
YOB
Electric Wizard
Giant Squid
ISIS
Eyehategod

the list goes on
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway

Last edited by licence_to_kill : 08-30-2010 at 05:05 PM.
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:11 PM #40
smeat
rolo tony
 
smeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: brown town
mew
tapes 'n tapes
wolf parade
hella
mastodon
__________________
Yeah we came to blow your system
You know what I'm sayin'
Kill it or die
Braggin' about how you had it all dialed
Well what's up now
When your **** is
smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:58 AM #41
Mr.AmaZiN
A Witty User Title
 
Mr.AmaZiN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Attleboro, Mass
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlantacism
Dr. Dre - The Chronic 2001
Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
Incubus - Make Yourself
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: Part 1
Nas - Illmatic
Rush - Moving Pictures
Silversun Pickups - Swoon
SOAD - Toxicity
The Who - Live at Leeds
Mr.AmaZiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:49 PM #42
Mavrick480
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
anything chevelle
Mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump